View Poll Results: Who will lead the Knicks in scoring against the Thunder?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Al Harrington

7 53.85%
  • Wilson Chandler

4 30.77%
  • David Lee

0 0%
  • Other

2 15.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder Game Thread 1/6/09

we can beat the celtics but lose to the thunder? damn we are inconsistent.

im disappointed....we shot too much 3's

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Nice Crawford impression by Nate. He goes iso like 4 straight plays...

Well, made up my mind for me of who i'd rather have.

DLee > Nate

Trade Nate while his value is high. He is trash.
    Co-Sign....no disrespect but Lee can help us more than Nate. Nate is like a David Wesley type smaller sg. He is nice with his (no homo) but in actuallity will cost too much for what he offers. THE KNICKS MUST TRADE HIM B4 THE DEADLINE WHILE A TEAM IS WILLING! No disrespect to N8 fans but imo teams see him as an energy type combo gd maybe a poor mans CP3. We don't need that right now for the $ he will command. Its time to cut your loses and get some value back.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Not aiming anything at anyone....but as a Knick fan I notice our confidence level has dropped tremendously (before and after this game).....if anyone could call something like this catastrophy Thunders game ahead of time....then they too....have less confidence in our coach (Mike Dantoni's system).
    A loss like this gets the average (10 wins) NBA coach FIRED around this time of the season. Especially, when the coach is clueless in the 33rd game of the season.....at when to call a time-out after his players went on a run playing one on one and turned the oposing team 23 point lead into a 8 point lead with 5 minutes remaining in the game.

It was the Thunders calling time-out that got the Knicks rest to reduce the lead to 4 points with 3 minutes remaining.
    The Knick players were tired and needed a rest to recharge their energy plus some coaching talk on how (they reduce the lead) to keep getting the ball inside the paint to draw the foul to stop the clock.
    Coach Dantoni did not do any of this.... so Players started shooting 3-balls for no other reason than they were tired and their teammates were tired too. Where was the Knick Head Coach at.....when they needed some inside the paint strategy in the last 3 minutes of the game....rather than shoot hell mary's from outside?

Is Dantoni telling these players to throw-up 3's?
    is Dantoni selecting certain players to shoot 3's?
    is Dantoni calling the plays to shoot 3's?
    These are the thing I look at the most about the Knicks now that they became a WIN by the 3's.....or DIE by the 3's team...

Superstar

for the David Lee dick rider here is why D Lee got chewed out. +/- is a misleading stat but...

Here is his stat line yesterday
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100&#37;"><tbody><tr class="ysptblthbody1 yspboxscore-columnheader-row" align="right"><td class="yspdetailttl player" align="left" width="17%" height="18">Starters </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="4%">
    </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Min</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">FG</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="6%">3Pt</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="6%">FT</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="6%">+/-</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">Off</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">Reb</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">Ast</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">TO</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">Stl</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">BS</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">BA</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">PF</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Pts</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysprow2" align="right"><td class="player" align="left"> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] </td> <td class="player"> F </td> <td>35:23</td> <td>5-9</td> <td>0-0</td> <td>4-4</td> <td> -25 </td> <td>4</td> <td>13</td> <td>2</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>3</td> <td>4</td> <td>14</td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysprow2" align="right"><td class="player" align="left"> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] </td> <td class="player">
    </td> <td>34:23</td> <td>4-18</td> <td>0-7</td> <td>4-4</td> <td> +6 </td> <td>2</td> <td>6</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>5</td> <td>12 </td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td class="player" align="left"> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] </td> <td class="player">
    </td> <td>32:38</td> <td>8-15</td> <td>4-6</td> <td>1-2</td> <td> +9 </td> <td>0</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>4</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>2</td> <td>21 </td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right"> <td class="player" align="left"> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] </td> <td class="player">
    </td> <td>16:21</td> <td>2-2</td> <td>1-1</td> <td>3-3</td> <td> +21 </td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>8</td></tr></tbody></table>

Superstar

The stat is misleading as hell. But basically a way to interpret it is that they knew they could take advantage of our interior defense.

Also i agree Nate does not command the money he's probably going to get.

Originally Posted by Red
    Co-Sign....no disrespect but Lee can help us more than Nate. Nate is like a David Wesley type smaller sg. He is nice with his (no homo) but in actuallity will cost too much for what he offers. THE KNICKS MUST TRADE HIM B4 THE DEADLINE WHILE A TEAM IS WILLING! No disrespect to N8 fans but imo teams see him as an energy type combo gd maybe a poor mans CP3. We don't need that right now for the $ he will command. Its time to cut your loses and get some value back.

nate isnt like cp3 at all....

KnicksonLIN.com

I think people are being too hard on Nate Robinson. He usually plays well. He just had a rough game.

When ABCD predicts a loss it is always true, predict some wins man we will win

Thunder down by 29 at halfime against Minnesota...

Tough loss....I was really impressed with Kevin Durant. Hes built like a taller version of Crawford. I remember thinking last year that he reminded me of Crawford the way he played. This year he doesnt remind me of Crawford at all. Hes really stepped up his game, his shooting percentages, his rebounding, everything. This guys gonna be a great player. I was wrong about him, I predicted that he'll never be the player everyone thought he was gonna be. I take that back now. Hes athletic, hes got long arms and a good shot. I cant think of any players that match up good with him. That teams gonna be good someday. With Durant, Westbrook and Green, give them a couple years and they'll be a playoff team.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Tough loss....I was really impressed with Kevin Durant. Hes built like a taller version of Crawford. I remember thinking last year that he reminded me of Crawford the way he played. This year he doesnt remind me of Crawford at all. Hes really stepped up his game, his shooting percentages, his rebounding, everything. This guys gonna be a great player. I was wrong about him, I predicted that he'll never be the player everyone thought he was gonna be. I take that back now. Hes athletic, hes got long arms and a good shot. I cant think of any players that match up good with him. That teams gonna be good someday. With Durant, Westbrook and Green, give them a couple years and they'll be a playoff team.

i agree with ur analysis. last year he was a high volume shooter aka crawford, and had a poor fg %. this year i have seen the improvement. hes embracing the role of being the #1 option on an NBA team. last year jeff green dissapointed me 2. but this year he looks like a great compliment to durant. and westbrook is much better than he gets credit for. lets not forget he only played one year of college, and hes playing a different position than he was in college. the sky is the limit for these 3 players, and this draft cud hold in store for them a true big man like blake griffen or hasheem thabeet. right now these guys r to young to lead a team anywhere, considering how they r playin with a bunch of scrubs. but with the right draft pick, smart FA signing, and the development of those 3, i see this team makin oklamhoma city fans proud (though they really need to change their name :/ )