Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 73

Thread: {\Stephon Starbury/} (The Individual You Do not Know And Prefer To Dislike)

  1. #16
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I cant believe we have people coming in here and trying to discredit Marburys name. Its really disappointing to see. As I began reading this thread, I was thinking to myself "wow, what a find by Akamu. I'd be suprised if anyone speaks of Marbury in a negative way after this." I have a hard time believing that all these people read the article. Anyone who did read the entire article and still has bad things to say about Marbury...all I can do is pray. Its just sad. This is a guy who has done great things off the court, and has dedicated himself to helping others. What more could you ask for in a person? I think its sad that someone can still call him selfish and point their finger at him after the great article that Akamu blessed us with. I just pray that Marbury gets the opportunity to play for a good team and show that hes not selfish.

  2. #17
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I cant believe we have people coming in here and trying to discredit Marburys name. Its really disappointing to see. As I began reading this thread, I was thinking to myself "wow, what a find by Akamu. I'd be suprised if anyone speaks of Marbury in a negative way after this." I have a hard time believing that all these people read the article. Anyone who did read the entire article and still has bad things to say about Marbury...all I can do is pray. Its just sad. This is a guy who has done great things off the court, and has dedicated himself to helping others. What more could you ask for in a person? I think its sad that someone can still call him selfish and point their finger at him after the great article that Akamu blessed us with. I just pray that Marbury gets the opportunity to play for a good team and show that hes not selfish.
    Damn you sound really intelligent with the whole religious thing. No joke I read ur posts and I think ur prob. smart and then sometimes I read ur sh!t and I can't help but wonder? No one is "discrediting" his name. And what does his name (in regards to his OFF THE COURT actions) have to do with the PLAYER? Maybe a ball player should be excused if he has a big heart? Then u state u pray that he goes somewhere so he can show he is unselfish? HE's on his 4th team! No disrespect but u have to learn how to distinguish what's important and what context things are meant. You are a Marbury supporter 1st, I am a KNICK supporter 1st. You care more about Coney Islands Finest than the team who's site ur on....lol. You guys are like boyfriends in denial. You just refuse to believe ur girl is seeing someone else. No matter what anyone tells u or what evidence is presented u refuse to acknowledge the truth. Its sad. Marbury could/or did make us better. He's no longer wanted (like he wasn't) with other teams and u refuse to accept that. He's good - but others are better. Yeah he's from BK and it would have been nice but again it didn't work!

  3. #18
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Once is a mistake. Twice is a coincidence and Three X's is a trend. Why after how many years, how many teams even ur own team aren't u willing to accept that maybe he is just a D!CK and no one likes him? His skills are what they are but if the team can't gel or gain trust and chemistry why expect people to want to keep him. Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey, T.O., Chad Johnson (I mean Ocho Cinco) etc... and Marbury- all talented INDIVIDUALS (not 85) who's teams were willing to part ways bc they forgot its a TEAM SPORT...and all of a sudden the team got better- without their irreplaceable talent....Go Figure?!?!?

  4. #19
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    also a lot of Knicks fans still feel like he should have wore another number other than 3 because of Starks like he did with the Nets even though Petrovic number was retired

  5. #20
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Damn you sound really intelligent with the whole religious thing. No joke I read ur posts and I think ur prob. smart and then sometimes I read ur sh!t and I can't help but wonder? No one is "discrediting" his name. And what does his name (in regards to his OFF THE COURT actions) have to do with the PLAYER? Maybe a ball player should be excused if he has a big heart? Then u state u pray that he goes somewhere so he can show he is unselfish? HE's on his 4th team! No disrespect but u have to learn how to distinguish what's important and what context things are meant. You are a Marbury supporter 1st, I am a KNICK supporter 1st. You care more about Coney Islands Finest than the team who's site ur on....lol. You guys are like boyfriends in denial. You just refuse to believe ur girl is seeing someone else. No matter what anyone tells u or what evidence is presented u refuse to acknowledge the truth. Its sad. Marbury could/or did make us better. He's no longer wanted (like he wasn't) with other teams and u refuse to accept that. He's good - but others are better. Yeah he's from BK and it would have been nice but again it didn't work!
    Im not going to debate back and forth until we have something new to debate about. Its not fair to the other posters on this site who have had to deal with it for a while.

    Originally Posted by Red
    Once is a mistake. Twice is a coincidence and Three X's is a trend. Why after how many years, how many teams even ur own team aren't u willing to accept that maybe he is just a D!CK and no one likes him? His skills are what they are but if the team can't gel or gain trust and chemistry why expect people to want to keep him. Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey, T.O., Chad Johnson (I mean Ocho Cinco) etc... and Marbury- all talented INDIVIDUALS (not 85) who's teams were willing to part ways bc they forgot its a TEAM SPORT...and all of a sudden the team got better- without their irreplaceable talent....Go Figure?!?!?
    Thats your opinion. Thats cool with me, but you have a long ways to go before you provide as many fact for your opinion as I have for mine. I've written essays with solid facts as to why Marbury has become a good team player, and as to why he was never as selfish as many people claim he was. Most people think hes still selfish which I think is crazy and sad to see.

    Originally Posted by quiggle
    also a lot of Knicks fans still feel like he should have wore another number other than 3 because of Starks like he did with the Nets even though Petrovic number was retired
    Im sorry to see that things like this upset you.

  6. #21
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    not me personally but there are a lot of purist and superstitious fans out there. look at the flak they gave LaTroy Hawkings for wearing Paul O"neill's 21 last year.

  7. #22
    Member Knixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't really care what Stephon Marbury does or did off the court. How does selling $15 sneakers help the Knicks on the court? Marbury was brought here to be the PG. To be the leader. To be the face of the franchise. And what did he do? Come on MSG, tell us, what did he do? He disgraced the uniform, thats what he did!

    And this is not a 'haterbury' talking. Marbury had my full support when he first got here. I was so excited when he came here from Phoenix. I remember running to MSG after work trying to get tickets to his first home game against Houston. A few weeks after that, I bought TWO Marbury authentic jersey's. I went to war with people on message boards who trashed Marbury and warned that he would be a failure. Marbury was one of my boys.

    And he embarrassed and disappointed me as a diehard fan. No, the losing was not all his fault. Isiah Thomas, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Jerome James and Larry Brown were at fault too. But you don't see people blaming David Lee for example for the losing. Why? Because Lee just shuts up and plays. And he's a young player. Marbury was supposed to be the veteran. And what did he do? He faught with ALL of his coaches. He faught with a lot of teammates. Instead of being a leader to a young player like Lee, he sat on the bench with a towel on his head and didn't even cheer on teammates on some plays when the entire team was off the bench rooting their asses off. I'm not even going to get into his drunk interviews where he called his own wife a ho' and talked about kissing his sister.

    The bottom line, Marbury made his own bed. Four teams are not insane. This is not a case where a good person is being unfairly picked on. Marbury caused all this. His reputation is his own fault. Those 2 authentic jersey's I bought back in 2004 are in a landfill somewhere. As a diehard Knicks fan, I HATE Marbury and wish him nothing but the worst.

  8. #23
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    when this first came out I brought seven copies because I thought it was going to be a collectors item


  9. #24
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knixy
    I don't really care what Stephon Marbury does or did off the court. How does selling $15 sneakers help the Knicks on the court? Marbury was brought here to be the PG. To be the leader. To be the face of the franchise. And what did he do? Come on MSG, tell us, what did he do? He disgraced the uniform, thats what he did!

    And this is not a 'haterbury' talking. Marbury had my full support when he first got here. I was so excited when he came here from Phoenix. I remember running to MSG after work trying to get tickets to his first home game against Houston. A few weeks after that, I bought TWO Marbury authentic jersey's. I went to war with people on message boards who trashed Marbury and warned that he would be a failure. Marbury was one of my boys.

    And he embarrassed and disappointed me as a diehard fan. No, the losing was not all his fault. Isiah Thomas, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Jerome James and Larry Brown were at fault too. But you don't see people blaming David Lee for example for the losing. Why? Because Lee just shuts up and plays. And he's a young player. Marbury was supposed to be the veteran. And what did he do? He faught with ALL of his coaches. He faught with a lot of teammates. Instead of being a leader to a young player like Lee, he sat on the bench with a towel on his head and didn't even cheer on teammates on some plays when the entire team was off the bench rooting their asses off. I'm not even going to get into his drunk interviews where he called his own wife a ho' and talked about kissing his sister.

    The bottom line, Marbury made his own bed. Four teams are not insane. This is not a case where a good person is being unfairly picked on. Marbury caused all this. His reputation is his own fault. Those 2 authentic jersey's I bought back in 2004 are in a landfill somewhere. As a diehard Knicks fan, I HATE Marbury and wish him nothing but the worst.
    No ones stopping you from hating him, but thats only gonna hurt you. Once he gets bought out or whatever, Ill be more then glad to debate with you and anyone else. Until then, its only fair to the other posters on this site that I say no more. I have said all that can be said. If you were hoping I would defend my point of view, Im sorry but this aint the time. Go back and look at some old threads. And get that hate out of you, its not gonna hurt anyone but yourself. You can sign on here and say hateful things, and try to bring Marbury down. But you cant bring someone else down without bringing yourself down. I dont even wish Kevin Garnett the worst, and everyone on here knows that I dont like the Celtics. Im wrong to even dislike them. Being a basketball purest, I should appreciate the great basketball that they play. I dont agree with Garnetts tactics but hes solidified himself as a top 5 power forward all time. I would never wish them the worst, I wouldnt want to see them or anyone get hurt. I cant say I wish them another championship...

    As a diehard Knicks fan, I feel bad that Marbury didnt have a fair shot at proving himself. The way I see it, we've been a rebuilding stage since Isiah was hired about 5 years ago. Its too bad all these players had it tough here in New York but hopefully we can continue to build our team and I wish all former Knicks good luck, and good luck to all the Knicks players that will be traded in the future.

  10. #25
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    if all this talk is to show how great Marbury is by creating affordable shoes then where is the love for Akeem Olajuwon, didn't he come out with some $30 sneakers that sold at Payless awhile back?

  11. #26
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    In my opinion, this thread was made to enlighten all of us about the type of person marbury is off the court. To show that he is selfless as a human being. Most people that are saying negative things about him should have read the article better. Like msg said, staying in a negative mindset is only going to hurt you in the end. People should focus on the positive things that marbury has done. Wether its in his contract or not, at least he's still helping out others. And that's the most important thing.

  12. #27
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    best question iv seen

    how does selling 15 dollar shoes make us a 50 win team? lmao....it sure does, because charity work is waaaaay more important than team chemestry and wins.

  13. #28
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ^ thats is true toons, if only you meant it

  14. #29
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    i think the article talks about something deeper about how the media lieks to make certain people villians and certain people heroes.

    The Media can't wait to fellate Brett Favre all the time when i think he is Selfish and Classless. He held GB hostage for 4 years and he has been done for the last 5 years (last year was a fluke).

    Steph has better career numbers than points guards people herald like Baron Davis. yet he is always looked at like a villain wherever he plays.

    I actually kinda think with stephs career FG% if he didn't score like A.I. he is hurting his team. But i don't know why the media loves to bash this guy so much.

  15. #30
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Come on people. Any truly objective viewer knows Mebury is not evil personified, but also knows he's caused problems in the lockerroom everywhere he's gone. He's selfless in life and selfish in basketball.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •