who's your favorite/hated Knicks coach

quiggle

Starter
hated we probably all agree is Don Nelson but also interested in hearing the favorite coaches you liked on the Knicks.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
My favorite was Pat Riley and the most hated was without a doubt that piece of garbage Isiah Thomas.

GetRealistic

Starter
Can favorite and hated be the same guy? Cause i loved Pat Riley when he was here but i absolutely hate him to this day for walking out on the team after 95 and then making a carbon copy Knicks team in Miami

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Don Nelson?? I think most people would agree that Isiah Thomas is the worst coach we had.

My favorite is Pat Riley with Jeff Van Gundy in a close 2nd.

quiggle

Starter
that's my point he was so bad and stint so short some can't even remember him here

604b_1.JPG

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
that's my point he was so bad and stint so short some can't even remember him here

604b_1.JPG

Lmao. Derek looks like a black super mario in that pic.
Yea I get what you're saying about donnie, but isaiah shitted all over our organization. I thought it couldn't get any worse with the years we had with lenny/chaney, but thomas proved me wrong.
As for a favorite coach, for me it would have to be van gundy. Great defensive minded coach who led an undersized team to the finals.

Can favorite and hated be the same guy? Cause i loved Pat Riley when he was here but i absolutely hate him to this day for walking out on the team after 95 and then making a carbon copy Knicks team in Miami

Agree 100% about Pat Riley ( Isiah is a close 2nd for hated though and Van Gundy is second to Pat for best liked)

jpz17

Starter
Van Gundy
Pat Riley
Mike D'Antoni

those are my favorite coaches of my ERA, all the other coaches (besides Wilkins and Williams) shall not be discussed in the topic

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
My favorite is Van Gundy folowed by Pat Riley (only cuz pat was a dick after he left the knicks)

There are few that I disliked but none as much as Isaiah.

As for D'Angtoni is too early to say how he s going to end up in NYC.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
My favorite Knick coach has to be Van gundy b/c he loved the fans,loved his players,and loved the Knicks.

My most hated has to be Pat Riley,yes we has some great teams when he was here but for any coach to walk out on his team like that is a ass.

Last edited:

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
Favorite=Red "hit the open man" Holzman...lol...I'm a little older than most of you guys.

Most Hated=Isaah/Brown=some how they will always be linked together in my head.