should the Knicks consider Kidd?

quiggle

Starter
Kidd always has enjoyed playing at the Garden. Though the Knicks have planned for the summer of 2010, adding Kidd this summer would be a drawing piece for LeBron James.
Even if they trade Curry for an expiring contract - a big if - they would not be far enough under the cap. Unless they can work out a sign and trade, the best the Knicks could offer would be the full $6 million mid-level exception across five years, totaling, with raises, $35 million.
With teams gearing up for 2010, Kidd may not have a ton of suitors, other than Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.
It could make sense for the Knicks. Duhon is signed to a two-year contract and likely will be gone after next season. Duhon would be a perfect backup to Kidd, whose mid-level signing would not effect their cap room for James if Lee and Nate Robinson leave as free agents.
It makes sense for Kidd, too. He played for D'Antoni during the Olympics and his children still attend New Jersey schools because of his divorce to Joumana. A family source said T.J. would love Kidd to become a Knick and return to the area.
"Why not (consider the Knicks)," Kidd said. "I'm going to look and see."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0109200...alks_of_joining_knicks__shows_hes__149330.htm

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Kidd has been one of my favorite players since Phoenix times, but he's not the same Kidd anymore. Signing him to a 5 year midlevel deal would be disastrous to us. He doesnt have a good shot to last that long. And he isnt an all-NBA defender anymore, although i think he could be if he focused on that as his primary goal.
He's still a starter for most of the teams in the league, but not for very long, if he continues to slow down.

U dont want to start building your contender from complementary, veteran pieces. First u want to get your main guys, and then surround them with good parts.
So we need to wait for 2010, get our foundation players, and then look at all options to build up from there. If Kidd is available then at some point, he could be a great addition to a contender. But right now, we dont need to screw up with our cap.

That said, if Kidd is somehow available during the season, maybe for a Lee+Curry deal or similar, we could use his expiring contract and skills. But we need to stay put in 2009 FA, unless something really too good to pass shows up.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
Jason Kidd is almost on my Michael Jordan, Reggie Miller, Alonzo Mourning level in terms if hate. I don't want this punk on the team or his ugly kid in the stands.

rick700

Rookie
Jason Kidd is almost on my Michael Jordan, Reggie Miller, Alonzo Mourning level in terms if hate. I don't want this punk on the team or his ugly kid in the stands.

I agree, i hate him, he didnt want to come to new york when he was on the nets, and i want no part of him. At least michael and reggie i respected, I have no respect for kidd. If we need an aging point we can get nash in 2 years.

do you think a Jason Kidd or Steve Nash Knicks jersey would sell better?

Really don't care, I do care about who will preform better though :)

They both suck on Defense
They both have great court Vision and great ball handling skills
They both have played for coach D before (Kidd/Olimpics)
Nash is a better scorer
Kidd is a better rebounder

There both better options than what we currently have. But in coach D's system I'll allways take the scorer :)

Starks

Starter
Kidd might be an ideal backup by that time. He's like having an extra coach on the team and a veteran that will make players better. Wether he plays or not, and regardless of how much you hate him, Jason Kidd is a living legend and can arguably considered the best point gaurd of the modern game.

I would make a move for him to be a backup.

Starks

Starter
better than John Stockton?

Thats a real good debate. Stockton vs. Kidd.

Both haven't won any rings, but both have won a hell of a lot of games.

Karl Malone owes alot of his success to John. And I think John was more of a floor leader. Kidd pales in comparison in that area. Kidd threw a coach two under a bus and has often had contract feuds with management. With John, that never existed. He was any team's dream player.

If I had to chose one, I would go with John. But like I said, its a worthy debate and Kidd is right in that conversation. Not too many point guards would be.

Starks

Starter
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbqdxlZr4_0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbqdxlZr4_0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think Stockton gets that nod.

yo who is the chick in your sig?

quiggle

Starter
nice video of Stockton they were going to beat the Bulls that year but damn Malone coughed up the ball in the final seconds

you mean my sig? she's the girl from that show Unhappily Ever After, Nicki Cox if you google her you'll see better photos. I had to change the other one I had before cause they were complaining about it.

Starks

Starter
oh, the chick from that stupid ass WB show with puppet bunny.

I know about Nicki. This girl got me through 7th grade ; )

Can't believe she was nailing the guy from the Police Academy movies.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
No!!
He gave an interview last season saying the Knicks sucks and he would never play for them.
So, basically, he's an ass.

quiggle

Starter
what if he plays a key role in helping to recruit LeBron to the Knicks? Nash might not be able to do that and it's probably only STAT he might convince?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Quiggle, that girl in your sig looks like a girl I went out with when I was 15 or 16....well what she would have looked like 10 years later.

As far as signing kidd or nash to a starting job in 2010, Im not really for that. I wouldnt mind having either one as a backup and both of them have extremely high basketball iq's. But Nash is worthless on defense. I call him Steve Ash because he gets burned all the time. Kidd used to be a great defender but hes slowing down, some of the young point guards who are really fast give him problems.

quiggle

Starter
Quiggle, that girl in your sig looks like a girl I went out with when I was 15 or 16....well what she would have looked like 10 years later.

did she also have three lips?

nikkicoxlipslips.jpg

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Forget about kid or nash

Those guys are old and soon to be washed up! I would rather stay with Chris Duhon who is much younger.