should the Knicks consider Kidd?

JayJ44

Starter
It wouldn't help us much on the court. At this point in Kidd's career, Duhon>>>Kidd. He might be a good backup, and he would be good to pair with Nate in the backcourt. Kidd can guard SG's, so Nate can guard the PG.

Financially, I think it's ok. We could sign him at around the mid level exception, and it probably wouldn't hurt our cap situation in 2010 that much, especially if we're able to move Jeffries/Curry.

The main reason we would do this, is because this might help us get Lebron. He said once that he would only return to team USA if Kidd is on the team. On the other hand, is it worth signing him, and possibly wasting cap space, just because it might bring Lebron here? I'm not sure, but Donnie will make the right decision.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if we could get either of them for cheap as backups then great but not to be starters and pay them 10 mill.....just not worth it

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
I do think Nash will still be a good starter in two years. He plays great fundamental basketball - great shooting, passing, knowledge of the game. Those kind of players age very well. Stockton played till 40 or so, at high quality.

Kidd on the other hand, does depend on athletism much more than Nash, because his shot isnt too good.

Either way, i dont think either of them would be asking a lot in FA, especially if they decide to try to get a ring.
I could easily see us signing Nash in 2010 once we get the main guys, and having him start for that team.

In 2009 however, it's way more risky to spend the cap, especially if we don't trade Curry/Jeffries this year. We dont have that much cap space now.
And we do need to know who we are getting in 2010 first. What if Kidd doesnt complement those guys? If we get Wade, im not 100% sure his game is very suitable with Kidd's. We might want to get a pg with great range then who can space floor for Wade well, and can play off the ball too

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
As for the idea that Kidd may lure LeBron - i dont think that would be much of an influence.

Kidd isnt the only guy LeBron has been talking similar things about. Few years ago he kept saying that Cavs should resign Z, because that's the type of guy he wants to play with; now he's saying similar stuff about national team and Kidd. He also sounded almost ecstatic about getting Wallace and Smith to the Cavs.

Seems to me, he's just giving veterans the respect they deserve.

did she also have three lips?

nikkicoxlipslips.jpg

I'm not sure about the 3 lip thing........ , but I know she at least had 2 sets of them :teeth:

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
Sergio Rodriguez man, enough said. He's young, he's a creative playmaker, he has a great ability to generate offense, rather for himself or for his teammates, and when you watch him you can tell he loves the up tempo pace. Under D'antoni I think he can be like another Nash, or maybe slightly better.

Paul1355

All Star
Come on people

Kidd is old as the Dinosaurs and Duhon is a young PG with great court vision. Let Duhon stay in there and average over 8 assists a game like he has been doing this year.

We all know that without Duhon that we would be the worst team in the NBA right now. He is the only player that actually makes other players better on this team. he is in the top 10 or top 5 in assists in the league.

Keep Duhon as our PG and resign him after his contract expires.

Duhon just needs to shoot more and have some decent players around him and he will be a big time player.

He also averages 39 minutes per game which is I think the 5th best in the league.

Imagine having Duhon with a Lebron or Wade in the back court? That's alot of assist people. And Any star on this team would get easier shots with the help of Duhon.

clumsy

Rotation player
why are you guys so infatuated with players who play no D. ESPECIALLY if we are going after bron.

Nash gets abused on the defensive end. Granted he is a GREAT shooter has a 90% ft, and has elite vision Mike D' overrated his stats. I don't trust an old ass dude to even put up Dallas type production. He'll be 36 when he's a free agent.

Kidd ALSO gets abused on D. He's is VERY SLow. He's too old... why the hell would we consider him.

If this was 5 years ago i would be all for it however. Their positives no longer outweight their negatives

groove

Rookie
NO! Forget about it!

He was a huge PG, but Kidd is definitively out of business.
I prefer Duhon right now, of course. Even N8. Kidd can't be no solution for no team now. NJ does a great trade gettin' D.Harris for Kidd....

Never, never, never...

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Kidd may be slow, but he's still miles better than any pg we have
Duhon and N8 are getting insanely overvalued here.
Kidd is a core player of a winning team in the West. He's probably not better than D.Harris right now, and Dallas screwed up in that trade, but Kidd is still a starting PG for most teams.

Not saying that we should sign him this summer.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I would say no to a trade for Kidd unless dallas wants E Curry and Malik Rose or Q-Rich witch they never going to do.

Otherwise we should stay away from trades that remember us of Isaiah's way. Like trading for ''has beens'' (Steve Francis, Penny,) or ''players that never going to live up to their potential'' ( E Curry, J Jeffries).