Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: should the Knicks consider Kidd?

what if he plays a key role in helping to recruit LeBron to the Knicks? Nash might not be able to do that and it's probably only STAT he might convince?

Quiggle, that girl in your sig looks like a girl I went out with when I was 15 or 16....well what she would have looked like 10 years later.

As far as signing kidd or nash to a starting job in 2010, Im not really for that. I wouldnt mind having either one as a backup and both of them have extremely high basketball iq's. But Nash is worthless on defense. I call him Steve Ash because he gets burned all the time. Kidd used to be a great defender but hes slowing down, some of the young point guards who are really fast give him problems.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Quiggle, that girl in your sig looks like a girl I went out with when I was 15 or 16....well what she would have looked like 10 years later.
    did she also have three lips?

Originally Posted by quiggle

Is that really her now? Thats a damn shame if she did that to herself. Isnt she in that show Las Vegas? They wouldnt let her do that to herself.

Default Forget about kid or nash

Those guys are old and soon to be washed up! I would rather stay with Chris Duhon who is much younger.

It wouldn't help us much on the court. At this point in Kidd's career, Duhon>>>Kidd. He might be a good backup, and he would be good to pair with Nate in the backcourt. Kidd can guard SG's, so Nate can guard the PG.

Financially, I think it's ok. We could sign him at around the mid level exception, and it probably wouldn't hurt our cap situation in 2010 that much, especially if we're able to move Jeffries/Curry.

The main reason we would do this, is because this might help us get Lebron. He said once that he would only return to team USA if Kidd is on the team. On the other hand, is it worth signing him, and possibly wasting cap space, just because it might bring Lebron here? I'm not sure, but Donnie will make the right decision.

Kidd is already on the decline. By the time 2010 arrives, we won't want him.

He's good, but last thing we need is to get him and then have him retire. He's getting old

If you can sign him on the cheap, why not? Better than having James, Roberson, or Rose.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

if we could get either of them for cheap as backups then great but not to be starters and pay them 10 mill.....just not worth it

I do think Nash will still be a good starter in two years. He plays great fundamental basketball - great shooting, passing, knowledge of the game. Those kind of players age very well. Stockton played till 40 or so, at high quality.

Kidd on the other hand, does depend on athletism much more than Nash, because his shot isnt too good.

Either way, i dont think either of them would be asking a lot in FA, especially if they decide to try to get a ring.
    I could easily see us signing Nash in 2010 once we get the main guys, and having him start for that team.

In 2009 however, it's way more risky to spend the cap, especially if we don't trade Curry/Jeffries this year. We dont have that much cap space now.
    And we do need to know who we are getting in 2010 first. What if Kidd doesnt complement those guys? If we get Wade, im not 100% sure his game is very suitable with Kidd's. We might want to get a pg with great range then who can space floor for Wade well, and can play off the ball too

As for the idea that Kidd may lure LeBron - i dont think that would be much of an influence.

Kidd isnt the only guy LeBron has been talking similar things about. Few years ago he kept saying that Cavs should resign Z, because that's the type of guy he wants to play with; now he's saying similar stuff about national team and Kidd. He also sounded almost ecstatic about getting Wallace and Smith to the Cavs.

Seems to me, he's just giving veterans the respect they deserve.

Originally Posted by quiggle

I'm not sure about the 3 lip thing........ , but I know she at least had 2 sets of them

Sergio Rodriguez man, enough said. He's young, he's a creative playmaker, he has a great ability to generate offense, rather for himself or for his teammates, and when you watch him you can tell he loves the up tempo pace. Under D'antoni I think he can be like another Nash, or maybe slightly better.

NO!! Kidd is a scrub!!! his time has passed