The Knick should Gorilla Pimp The Blazers

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok it looks like Portland is scared as hell someone will play D.Miles two games this season basically knocking them out of FA contention for the next two years. See this is what The Knicks should do....Sign Miles to a 10 day contract. Then call Portland with this trade proposal

New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3417.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Jerryd Bayless
Salary: $1,993,560 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 2.6 REB: 1.0 AST: 1.2 PER: 5.30

</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3027.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Brandon Roy
Salary: $3,084,240 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 23.0 REB: 4.5 AST: 5.3 PER: 25.10

3225.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Greg Oden
Salary: $5,011,680 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 7.9 REB: 7.0 AST: 0.7 PER: 15.69

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Eddy Curry, Anthony Roberson
por.gif
Portland Trail Blazers

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
990.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Eddy Curry
Salary: $9,723,983 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 2.0 REB: 2.0 AST: 0.0 PER: 30.68

2817.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Anthony Roberson
Salary: $797,581 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 5.2 REB: 0.8 AST: 0.9 PER: 12.88

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Jerryd Bayless, Brandon Roy, Greg Oden

and if they dont except this very fair trade we propose, well then Mr. Miles will just have to play 1 minute in two Knick games after the trade deadline.

Let Portland call their lawyers by time the issue is settled the Free Agent time period wouldve passed anyways.

The funny thing is we should do it considering they took advantage of us having a dumb GM and dumping Zach here

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
haha I like the thread title but I think that Portland would rather pay D Miles his money then make that trade. I do hope to see Miles play 2 more games, I think it would be funny to see. Portlands gm better pray for forgiveness from any other gm that he ever pissed off, 18 million is alotta money. Im trying to think of any other teams that might have a grudge against the Blazers....

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
mathew 7:12

luke 6:31

nevertheless, funny

I'd be happy to get Rudy, Sergio and/or Joel by simpler methods.

Portegas saying that we would be wrong to sign Miles just to see Portland have to pay 18 million, and that we wouldnt like it if another team did that to us.

portega1968

El Cacique
Jazzy, I shall call you now Gaius Baltar.

And MSGKNICKS33, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering.

Fordy

Rookie
Portegas saying that we would be wrong to sign Miles just to see Portland have to pay 18 million, and that we wouldnt like it if another team did that to us.

Portlands owner has sent letters to all teams threatening a lawsuit for signing Miles just so Portland has to pay luxury tax and salary cap hit. Pretty interesting situation.

TunerAddict

Starter
I don't see how they could have ANY legal action. This is just a bluff, they are puffing their chests out...

Sad thing about Darius....He dropped 40-something the game before that injury....Could have been one hell of a player.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
he needed much more than good injury history to be a great player imo.. he had less heart than Curry, low basketball IQ, and pretty fragile emotional balance

On topic, don't get that part about legal action either. Maybe Blazers could do it, if they can prove someone signs Miles just to screw them, but that's hard to prove.
Blazers need to be carefull with these threats, or Miles can end up suing them lol

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
LOL, you're crazy.

I don't even fully understand this whole situation with D Miles and Portland...I never seen a situation like that before.

New New York

Quiet Storm
haha I like the thread title but I think that Portland would rather pay D Miles his money then make that trade. I do hope to see Miles play 2 more games, I think it would be funny to see. Portlands gm better pray for forgiveness from any other gm that he ever pissed off, 18 million is alotta money. Im trying to think of any other teams that might have a grudge against the Blazers....

We should have a grudge for The Zach Randolph rape LOL!

he needed much more than good injury history to be a great player imo.. he had less heart than Curry, low basketball IQ, and pretty fragile emotional balance

On topic, don't get that part about legal action either. Maybe Blazers could do it, if they can prove someone signs Miles just to screw them, but that's hard to prove.
Blazers need to be carefull with these threats, or Miles can end up suing them lol[/quote]

Good point, look if I were a GM I would sighn D Miles just so he can get his money he earned. Look we have to pay Jerome James right? So why should they be off the hook. Honestly Portland's main problem with Miles is that he is a street kid and not one of their Prep School boys. They didnt want him around their players and now they are trying to blackball him? If this were Raef Lefrentz or Channing Frye they would no doubt try to encourage them to retire but, they wouldnt go threw all this.

I hope D.Miles gets his money, and Oden becomes the next Sam Bowie!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
LMAOO....more power to New New York.....this a classic thread...i would run around times square naked if this happens, but i'd be happy with getting Bayless and fernandez.....

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Grizzlies are going to resign Miles for another 10 day deal this week
http://www.thememphisedge.com/2009/01/09/griz-signing-miles-to-10-day-contract/

Players Association is going to file a grievance against the Blazers because of those threats
http://www.boston.com/sports/basket.../2009/01/nbpa_files_grie.html?s_campaign=8315

i would run around times square naked if this happens

i wanted for that trade to happen, but now im not so sure anymore lol
unless u are a really hot lady?

portega1968

El Cacique
Jerry West must've been salivating when he saw the chance to stick it to his long time nemesis out West.

If someone was gonna try to screw the Blazers... Jerry West is definitely that person.

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
Grizzlies are mad dumb if they get sued they are screwed but Portland is being greedy because Darius Miles is a great role player for any championship caliber teams like:
1) San Antonio
2) Boston
3) Houston Rockets
4) Lakers
All these teams could in some way find a spot in the rotation for Miles

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Jerry West must've been salivating when he saw the chance to stick it to his long time nemesis out West.

If someone was gonna try to screw the Blazers... Jerry West is definitely that person.

Jerry retired a few years ago, dont think he's still related to Grizzlies, is he? Chris Wallace (from Celts) is the GM now

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
i knew miles was lame... but less heart then wide-load... holy-$hit

Well Curry at least never said loudly that he doesnt care, at least as far as i know
Miles said it during his Blazers time, to their coach, when he didnt want to follow coach's orders
It was something like "i dont care if we lose the next 20 games", from what i read