will the Knicks take a chance on Courtney Sims?

portega1968

El Cacique
I'd like to see the Knicks go after DLeaguer Courtney Sims of the Iowa Energy. But we still don't have a roster spot available so we may miss out on this one.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/showcase_recap_090108.html

Top Big Man: Courtney Sims, Iowa

The beat went on for Sims at the Showcase, with the big man from Michigan adding two double-doubles to his league-leading total. His numbers were a notch below than his normal level of production this season, but a notch below for Sims is 21.5 points, 12.0 rebounds, 2.5 blocks, and 17-30 shooting. Sims, listed at 6-11,230, seemed to tower over the rest of the players at the Showcase and definitely has NBA size. The buzz is that he could be on an NBA roster by as early as this weekend.

Fordy

Rookie
Teams can now sign guys to 10 day contracts so players like this should be well worth signing and taking a chance on. Hopefully roster spots will be freed up soon.:crossfingers:

TunerAddict

Starter
I already said in other thread how we need to sign this guy.

We can get him for nothing, why not take the chance?

JayJ44

Starter
I don't know anything about him, but if D'antoni thinks he can do well here, then we should definitely give him a shot. Never know when a D leaguer can come in and really contribute. Look at that PG on the Bucks from the D league, he's really helping that team.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Will the Knicks take a chance on him? ....Probably not.

Should they take a chance on him? ....Definitely.

How long have we needed a shot-blocker? It seems like it's been forever.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we need him, will he be great? maybe maybe not, we should take a chance on him even f it's for only 10 days......D-Leagues could be good rotation players in the NBA(see Sessions, and Azubukie)

Paul1355

All Star
I'd like to see the Knicks go after DLeaguer Courtney Sims of the Iowa Energy. But we still don't have a roster spot available so we may miss out on this one.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/showcase_recap_090108.html

Top Big Man: Courtney Sims, Iowa

The beat went on for Sims at the Showcase, with the big man from Michigan adding two double-doubles to his league-leading total. His numbers were a notch below than his normal level of production this season, but a notch below for Sims is 21.5 points, 12.0 rebounds, 2.5 blocks, and 17-30 shooting. Sims, listed at 6-11,230, seemed to tower over the rest of the players at the Showcase and definitely has NBA size. The buzz is that he could be on an NBA roster by as early as this weekend.

Nice find but what Pro team does Iowa play for?