"The Message"...influences of hip-hop/rap music

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
word i been noticing that too, i believe it was Nas who started it all lmao, naw jk.

but that was one of my fav lines in a many song, "one life one love so there could only be one king".classic

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
word i been noticing that too, i believe it was Nas who started it all lmao, naw jk.

but that was one of my fav lines in a many song, "one life one love so there could only be one king".classic

lol yeah i think 3 people got a rap by Nas as their sig

lmao i think im the only one without a nas verse

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

Lol. Right. Yea that line was the first one I put up because it means a lot to me. Only one guy can be on top so I better work my ass off. Hey, as long as they put up ill verses I'm cool wit that. Not no 50 cent shit, though.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
speaking of that once i find a decent soulja boy line ima put that as the sig lmao jk.

oh nahh man im way ahead of you!

"soulja boy up in dis ho
watch me crank and watch me roll
watch me crank dat soulja boy den supaman dat ho
now watch me
YUUUUUUU
crank dat soulja boy
YUUUUUUU
crank dat soulja
YUUUUUUU
crank dat soulja
YUUUUUUU"

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Yo sly, that verse you got is from NY State of mind right?

The one in my sig is from "the world is yours" the q-tip remix. If you check out the video, its the story behind the "one love" video. Before the baldheaded guy goes to prison. That remix epitomizes what NY street life is about.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
The one in my sig is from "the world is yours" the q-tip remix. If you check out the video, its the story behind the "one love" video. Before the baldheaded guy goes to prison. That remix epitomizes what NY street life is about.

Lol DatPrince you were wrong...

Oh yeah, that verse sounded so familiar. Funny I'm listenin to one love right now and i just copped that q-tip remix from youtube to my ipod lol. That video is mad sick. I mean he's 19 and spat fire in that album.
no doubt one of the best albums ever. I personally like the q-tip remix WAY better than the original. The beat is better IMO, and the new rhymes he got there are better.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Yea that beat on "the world is yours" remix is on some smooth shit. Great vibe. Jazz influenced by q-tip. Remember that jay-z sampled the hook on this song and not on the original "the world is yours"

"F*ck it, the world is mine, holding a stolen cops glock with g-notes in my hand"

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Lol DatPrince you were wrong...

Oh yeah, that verse sounded so familiar. Funny I'm listenin to one love right now and i just copped that q-tip remix from youtube to my ipod lol. That video is mad sick. I mean he's 19 and spat fire in that album.
no doubt one of the best albums ever. I personally like the q-tip remix WAY better than the original. The beat is better IMO, and the new rhymes he got there are better.

i thought you were talking about the " one life one love so there could only be one king" i thought u meant that lmao

i like the line

" a thug changes, and love changes and best friends become strangers"

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Yea that beat on "the world is yours" remix is on some smooth shit. Great vibe. Jazz influenced by q-tip. Remember that jay-z sampled the hook on this song and not on the original "the world is yours"

"F*ck it, the world is mine, holding a stolen cops glock with g-notes in my hand"

i dont really feel Jay-z for some reason, other than that Brooklyn we go hard song that was on notorious. which song did he sample that for?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
i thought you were talking about the " one life one love so there could only be one king" i thought u meant that lmao

i like the line

" a thug changes, and love changes and best friends become strangers"

Yeah man. that song is classic. It Was Written is so underrated. Its Nas' 2nd best album, and it doesnt get the praise it deserves. Its prolly cuz It came out right after Illmatic. but whatever. both are tha very definition of classic.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Forrreal man i like that album. I dont get why people saying it sucks and Nas has gotten old. More haters man...Much respect to Nas though. Music is supposed to be original and come from the heart. And he still got it

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea man, he top 3 best rappers ever you could argue over where. he speaks the truth and doesn't sell out like other artist just for the money he makes money doing it the right way

his latest album untitled is nice he still go it dude is the truth.

my fav nas song is close between

memory lane

The world is yours

N.Y State of mind

now thats hiphop

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Good songs man. i dont get why people can sing about gettin head and gettin high, sittin on dubs and crap and people dont get sick of it
thats the main problem. NO originality

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Good songs man. i dont get why people can sing about gettin head and gettin high, sittin on dubs and crap and people dont get sick of it
thats the main problem. NO originality

for real man. i mean some of them are hot and i listen to them but too much of it gets annoying

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
When you say some...its very little. Modern rappers.....
Heres my analysis on sum modern rappers
I LIKED ti. After atl for sum reason i wasnt feelin it
Lupe is the shit
Kanye is good
Nelly, ehh, hes catchy....
Rick Ross- "meh", liked his Push it song
The game- hes good
50 blows
soulja boy- dont even go there.

whoa where the hell did Xzhibit go?