"The Message"...influences of hip-hop/rap music

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
^^^^Good post, Paul. I always thought a movie about big L's life would be great. I hope that after the documentary someone does decide to make a movie about it. Tragic what happened to Big L. Signs a million dollar contract and then gets murdered a couple weeks later.

Paul1355

All Star
^^^^Good post, Paul. I always thought a movie about big L's life would be great. I hope that after the documentary someone does decide to make a movie about it. Tragic what happened to Big L. Signs a million dollar contract and then gets murdered a couple weeks later.

It is a sad story...i always saw him taking over the crown as King of Rap after Pac and Biggie died...I know Rap would be influenced by his style and lyrics if he was around a couple more years...

I honestly think Big L could have murdered any MC in history in a freestyle or battle hands down...every time he appeared you could tell he was in a class of his own......i hope one day someone as talented as him could rise up and take over the Rap game.

rady

Administrator
Staff member

De la Soul feat MF Doom - Rock co kane flow (live)

Check out Metal Face rocking that Ewing throwback

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Damn. just heard this track on youtube:

how the hell can lloyd banks get Nas and Jay-z to rap on one of his tracks??? I thought they had beef with one another?

If he did pull it off, then banks has a hot song in his hands.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Just started listening to old-school common. my favorite track:

I heard a couple of songs that sampled A Tribe Called Quest. He was on their nuts real hard.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Damn, thanks for all those videos, milchshake ..

Recently, I have been thinking about a certain topic that has to deal with hip hop music and how its all a cycle ... let me share it with y'all ...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Well, for the last week I have been listening to the newer rappers (drake, wiz khalifa, tyga, etc.), mostly to understand what rap has evolved (and devolved) to, and while I was listening to them something hit me. These rappers reminded me so much of the rappers from the late 80's and early 90's. You know, most of the rappers that came before biggie, Nas and jay-z. The ones that were good but not great.

These new rappers are like a bridge from the wackness (the 2000's - 50 CENT, most southern rappers, etc) to the realness (2011 and beyond- ???) , just like the rappers from the late 80's-early 90's were.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Let me know what y'all think.