OK, it's a wee bit early, but what in your opinion(or what you hope) the team will

look like come 2010?

IMO
hopefully its,

james at the 1(yes, i said 1, the man can do it all)
gallinari at 2 ( hopefully after he plays and shows improvment)
chandler 3(ditto on the improvement, his handle and his outside shooting)
lee at 4 (he can run, he can board,hopefully his d gets better)
amar'e at the 5
( the giants are dying out, the majority of "centers" are pf slash c's)

and if we have the cap space,
some sharp shooters and defensive spark plugs.
like webster from portland (next year for a couple of years; dude gets zero burn yo, at least from what I've seen) maybe a return of balkman and camby. so what do you think the team will look like?

i don't know where the salary caps is gonna be at, but we probably won't get what i just mentioned.

clumsy

Rotation player
_______√ictory_______;79673 said:
look like come 2010?

IMO
hopefully its,

amar'e at the 5

like webster from portland (next year for a couple of years; dude gets zero burn yo, at least from what I've seen) maybe a return of balkman and camby. so what do you think the team will look like?

i don't know where the salary caps is gonna be at, but we probably won't get what i just mentioned.

I hope we don't get Amare. He's soft and plays no D. I hope we keep Lee but not at 10 mil (if he's wants 10 for sure i hope he's gone).

Personally i want James and Joe Johnson. Get athletic players at PG/PF/C that play D.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
_______√ictory_______;79673 said:
look like come 2010?

IMO
hopefully its,

amar'e at the 5

I really like that team and the idea of James at PG! Gallinari is back at practice next few days so I can't wait to see him play. I only seen his YouTube videos but he shows flashes of being a very solid pro. He reminds me of Kukoc and Hedo.

I know I have been on Lee but if he plays the 4 along with Amare at the 5 I can live with.

I hope we don't get Amare. He's soft and plays no D. I hope we keep Lee but not at 10 mil (if he's wants 10 for sure i hope he's gone).

Personally i want James and Joe Johnson. Get athletic players at PG/PF/C that play D.
so who would be your choice at the 5?

i like amar'e at the 5 because of his familiarity with d'antoni.and besides yao, most premier "centers" aren't over 6-11.garnett,duncan,howard are all about the same size as amar'e.and amar'e is pretty athletic.

clumsy

Rotation player
it doesn't matter with 2 legit scorers. If your team is filled with defensive role players it can be a championship team. I'm sure we can find players like that in the draft. I would trade Lee away for Draft Picks to be honest if he wants 10 mil.

Lebron will be triple teamed every time he has to ball...All he has to do is find an open JJ....If we could get Duhon for cheap i'd keep him. We need to draft an athletic PF/C. I mean shoot when Camby hits FA we might be able to get him back.

Iverson made it there with dikembe, aaron mckie, eric snow, tyrone hill

clumsy

Rotation player
To be honest when i think about it...I'd be glad if the Knicks went ahead and got Ron Artest in the offseason.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
To be honest when i think about it...I'd be glad if the Knicks went ahead and got Ron Artest in the offseason.

Not a bad idea to have artest. I still would like to see duhon play point alongside these players:

sg- lebron
sf- chandler
pf- gallo
c- amare

Duhon's assist numbers should skyrocket.If things don't work out with him, we should start bringing up a pg from the draft.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
what nobody seems to be talking about is that Duhon is playing pretty well and he will be a free agent come 2010. If we don't resign him who will our PG be? If we do sigh him what kind of money will he command?

metrocard

Legend
Gallinari isn't a power forward.

He's a point foward.

Same with Lebron.

In the 80's and 90's, centers and power forwards weren't that tall. Amare is 6"10, thats good enough height for a center, anyone remember Alonzo Mourning?

Plus, with Amare's vertical leap and foot quickness, he's above most 7 footers.

Heights gets too overrated at times.

If there was no David Robertson, Duncan would be a career center, not the greatest PF of all time.

Dudes like KG, Rasheed, and Duncan who are 6"11 change the era of the PF position, forcing teams to look for bigger centers to compliment oversized power forwards.

These are the heights you normaly expect from each position.

5"11 - 6"2 - PG

PG/SG - 6"3 - 6"4

SG - 6"5 - 6"7

SG/SF - 6"6-6"7

SF - 6"7 - 6"8

SF/PF - 6"8-6"10

PF - 6"9-6"10

C - 6"10 whatever

I think he (Gallo) would fit in just fine in coach D's system as a PF. Especially if he was playing next to a Rebounding Center/ or a Center that likes to hang out in the lane and look for passes for easy Layups and Dunks (al la D.Lee and Tyson Chandler:)) Maybe the Kid (Gallo) will end up being a better passing version of Dirk??? Just my opinion though.