Heart & Hustle vs Quit & Guilt

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
It is incredible that this early into the season the Knicks have QUIT once again. Over the last 5 seasons the trend has been the same as the team's play diminishes over the last 50 games of each season. During the Rockets game the other night we just stop playing and believing that we could beat a team w/out T-Mac and Artest. It seems like this Knick team is not focused and don't care if they win or loose. I'm not expecting them to make it to the playoffs, but I expect them to hustle and prepare for each game like its their last. Look at the Indiana Pacers w/out Dunleavy and that team has been in every game they played this year. I know they have Granger who is having an All Star season but I watched at least 10 games from them and they hustle and they care. Win or loose they play together and aren't afraid to loose and that is a team that I would root for. The Knicks team is full of it and I want everybody off this team by 2010. The only two that I will keep are Gallinari and Chandler. I have already written how high I think of these two, so need to repeat here. This team is compromise of a losing culture and losing players. Again, I don't want to you to think that I thought this was winning team but I thought they would care more and not give up so soon.

Do you remember the 1999-2000 Orlando Magic a team that was in transition, whose General Manager made 37 transactions in a 4 month spam. That team didn't have an star and included 5 undrafted players and four of them where in the starting line up (Darrell Armstrong, Outlaw, Ben Wallace, Amaechi). Nobody expected them to win but they care about each and every game because most of those players had played oversees or the CBA so they knew that they had to perform. That team won 41 games led by former Knicks Doc Rivers.

However, this Knicks team of the past five seasons has been a disgrace and an embarrassment to the city of NY. I hate Nate's showboating acts and his dancing before games. I hate Q-Rich's big mouth and arrogance thinking he is stil a good player when everyone knows he is finished. I hate Lee's selfishness in wanting more money than he's worth. I hate this team period. Dammit, I just wish we had players that care and were talking about how much they want to stay and in that take less. I think the Magic during that time were fed up with all the nonsense that Shaq and Penny brought off the court. By far that Magic team with no stars is the team that I respect the most. Similar as when the Knicks had John Stars, Anthony Mason, Anthony Bonner who played like each game meant something and their lives depended on it.

I would love Walsh to continue to dismantle this team already. I know I trash Walsh a bit in previous post, but I think this guy is too smart to keep this losers when 2010 arrives. I want hard nose, blue collar type players and think team first before I for Individual...

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I agree for the most part, it is at least more tolerable to watch your team lose if you can respect their effort. My two beefs are that I think Lee is a hard worker and will continue to improve, and I haven't seen a report where he is demanding a certain salary. I'm sure he'll take as much as he can get, but I get the feeling he wouldn't mind staying in NY, depends how much he's offered elsewhere though I suppose, we'll see. My other not so much of a beef, but I think I discovered the true identity of Dirk after all the mispelling and butchering of the english language!!!:thumbsup:

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Definately Heart & Hustle

I'm a heart & hustle type of fan. I would rather watch the Knicks play every game hard so that the game's are competitive. We would probably win a few more games and hurt are draft chances, but you gotta at least try for the fans who pay to watch the games. "You play to win the Game!" -Herm Edwards

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I agree for the most part, it is at least more tolerable to watch your team lose if you can respect their effort. My two beefs are that I think Lee is a hard worker and will continue to improve, and I haven't seen a report where he is demanding a certain salary. I'm sure he'll take as much as he can get, but I get the feeling he wouldn't mind staying in NY, depends how much he's offered elsewhere though I suppose, we'll see. My other not so much of a beef, but I think I discovered the true identity of Dirk after all the mispelling and butchering of the english language!!!:thumbsup:

I agree with WNY_Knickfan,I agree with about 80% of your post except for Lee.Your topic is called Heart and Hustle vs quit and guilt well Lee has the heart and everybody knows he ALWAYS hustles.Lee has never quit on his team b/c his stats show that and the only guilt he may have is wishing he could do more for the team and all of us know he plays 150% out there everynight so he does'nt have nothing to feel guilty about.I also haven't seen a report where he is demanding a certain salary for his contract so I don't know were you are getting that from.Unless some godly trade offer comes that the Knicks can't pass up I think he will stay a Knick and he will get his contract and come off the bench and keep putting up great numbers for years to come.

Last edited:

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I agree with WNY_Knickfan,I agree with about 80% of your post except for Lee.Your topic is called Heart and Hustle vs quit and guilt well Lee has the heart and everybody knows he ALWAYS hustles.Lee has never quit on his team b/c his stats show that and the only guilt he may have is wishing he could do more for the team and all of us know he plays 150% out there everynight so he does'nt have nothing to feel guilty about.I also haven't seen a report where he is demanding a certain salary for his contract so I don't know were you are getting that from.Unless some godly trade offer comes that the Knicks can't pass up I think he will stay a Knick and he will get his contract and come off the bench and keep putting up great numbers for years to come.

I have nothing againts Lee, thing is he's not worth the risk of us not having Cap space to sign 2 great players in two years. I don't think Lee has special qualities that would make him a great player. Ok so he hustles rebounding and scoring but gives those back on defense as his is one of the softest I have seen. He is slow and lacks necessary defensive awareness to be a starting PF in the league. If he was sign to 6 million contract and we still get 2 great players I'm all for it. But I think 5/50 is what he will be looking for and he's not worth that.

I have nothing againts Lee, thing is he's not worth the risk of us not having Cap space to sign 2 great players in two years. I don't think Lee has special qualities that would make him a great player. Ok so he hustles rebounding and scoring but gives those back on defense as his is one of the softest I have seen. He is slow and lacks necessary defensive awareness to be a starting PF in the league. If he was sign to 6 million contract and we still get 2 great players I'm all for it. But I think 5/50 is what he will be looking for and he's not worth that.

Just, wondering if you watched last nights game against Washington?

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Just, wondering if you watched last nights game against Washington?

Yea I watched and all his 9 points in the fourth quarter came over a 6'5 guard!!!
I could not believe that the Wizards kept going into that stupid strategy. Again, no knock on Lee but I would rather have Blake Griffin, Lebron James, Chris Bosh by 2010. Keep on dreaming and lose sight of the Big picture. In no way do I think that highly of Lee whose defense is horrible. You guys here protect Lee over having superstars. Then again, you probably think that WITH THE GREAT LEE WITH ARE ONE PLAYER AWAY FROM A CHAMPIONSHIP, LMAO.....

WVKnickfan

Rotation player

Yea I watched and all his 9 points in the fourth quarter came over a 6'5 guard!!!
I could not believe that the Wizards kept going into that stupid strategy. Again, no knock on Lee but I would rather have Blake Griffin, Lebron James, Chris Bosh by 2010. Keep on dreaming and lose sight of the Big picture. In no way do I think that highly of Lee whose defense is horrible. You guys here protect Lee over having superstars. Then again, you probably think that WITH THE GREAT LEE WITH ARE ONE PLAYER AWAY FROM A CHAMPIONSHIP, LMAO.....

The hate that you have for Lee is laughable and you know what really makes me laugh? Is that he has proven you wrong his whole career LMAO.You say he has no heart,does'nt play hard at all,and he quits on his team which is total BS.Who says he has to be a starter next year when your so called superstars come here.We want him to come off the bench like he did before and STILL put up great numbers.We need a guy like him on next years team to come off the bench and do the dirty work and the same thing he is doing now.

I really wish you would just come on and say the words that tells us your true feelings about Lee(I hate Lee to a passion,I've always hated him and always will).Those are the words that you should say b/c you have trashed the guy every chance you got.The guy plays his ass off every game and puts up monster stats to prove that he CARES for the Knicks and does all he can to help them win.Yet after every game you have to come on here and bash him like a dog saying he did'nt play good,shoot good,play defense,hes slow,hes not good for this team.All of this comes from you everynight after he puts up monster numbers yet you still have to find a way to put him down.

Im really starting to wonder if you are a true Knick fan or not b/c anybody that would say that they don't want Lee on their favorite team is insane.The guy is a flat out beast and I myself want a player in Lees caliber to come off the bench and put up the kind of numbers that he has always done.You look up the words toughnest,team player, heart,soul,energy and his picture will be there.Thats who I want on my team!!!!

Yea I watched and all his 9 points in the fourth quarter came over a 6'5 guard!!! I could not believe that the Wizards kept going into that stupid strategy. Again, no knock on Lee but I would rather have Blake Griffin, Lebron James, Chris Bosh by 2010. Keep on dreaming and lose sight of the Big picture. In no way do I think that highly of Lee whose defense is horrible. You guys here protect Lee over having superstars. Then again, you probably think that WITH THE GREAT LEE WITH ARE ONE PLAYER AWAY FROM A CHAMPIONSHIP, LMAO.....

9 pts. in the 4th.... yeah that's just downright horrid :thumbsup: What did he do the rest of the game? and I guess a 21 rebound night is just average for a lot of player's around the leage?

With the great D.Lee (+ Chandler and Gallo) yes I do think we're one super star and one 1A player away.

Nash/Duhon (Nash is not even the 1A but he'll come cheap to play for Coach D and NY)
Redd (here's your 1A)/Gallo/Chandler
Chandler/Gallo
Lee/Gallo/Chandler
Bosh or Amare (1 superstar)/Lee

Looks like a pretty well rounded team to me? and if we can ever shed Jeffries and/or Curry's contracts we could replace Redd with either LeBron or J.Johnson.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
WVKnickFan,

I actually like Lee, but when it comes to re-signing him my choice is to trade him though. The only reason he is getting all this rebounds is because of the pace that we play. It is laughable to see him play defense he just really sucks at it. On offense he is ok... that is just my observation of him as a Knick fan. I want us to stock draft picks and clear more money for 2010. I'm not high on Duhon either, so don't think that I just pick on Lee. I really hate Richardson, he should just retire. This team is so bad there is no reason to re-sign anybody on this roster at the moment. This stupid idea that they will make the playoffs is crazy. We are 8 games out of .500 for God sakes. Why the hell do you want to sign Lee? I hope he continues to play well so his stock will get us the best player on the market or expiring contracts/picks. We don't agree on this so why keep writing about it. I'm trying to get some sense into you, but you are too deep into your thoughts on Lee which are way overboard...

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Playoffs still a possibility

Its true that the Knicks are 8 games under .500, but they are also only 3 games behind the 8th seed. So making the playoffs is still a realistic possibility. The Knicks have been playing undermanned for most of the season, but I still believe that the Knicks can make the 8th seed in the weak eastern conference.
:gony:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
plus if the Celtics get the one seed we could have an outside chance at an upset....99 playoffs anyone? loll

but thats highly unlikely especially since the Cav's got the ! seed in the bag they running away with it, they unstoppable

JayJ44

Starter
plus if the Celtics get the one seed we could have an outside chance at an upset....99 playoffs anyone? loll

but thats highly unlikely especially since the Cav's got the ! seed in the bag they running away with it, they unstoppable

Didn't they just lose to the Bulls? lol My pick for top seed in the east is the Magic, Dwight Howard is a beast.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea but they came back the next day and smacked the hornets, they arent gonna go undefeated loll, but they unstoppable for the most part, the magic are dangerous too

JayJ44

Starter
The Cavs need to get another offensive option besides Lebron. When he has a bad game, ex. Bulls game, the team loses 99% of the time. Mo Williams isn't enough, he's pretty much just a spot-up shooter.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the cavs are a lights out defensive team they dont require to outscore you, the magic are very tough as well dont get me wrong i just think the cavs come playoff time will be the team to beat because they have much more experience and a better defensive team then the magic, ohh and they got LeBron too loll

JayJ44

Starter
You're right, I think statistically the Cavs are the best defensive team in the league. But the Magic's defense is very close, and they have Dwight Howard anchoring it in the middle. The Magic offense is so much better and more efficient than the Cavs though. Howard is in the middle, who can almost score at will, and requires a double team. Then, they have all those shooters who will make you pay if you double Howard. Plus, they have Turkoglu, one of the most underrated players in the league, who can shoot or create off the dribble. They have so many options offensively. Their only weakness is their bench, but the bench doesn't play much in the playoffs anyway. That would be great series in the playoffs though. Please let them meet in the Eastern Conference Finals.:pray:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if they finish 1 and 3 then i think they gonna meet in the second round so it'll happen if they finish 1&2 in the conference,

the Cav's backcourt is much better then the Magic

and the cavs have a much deeper bench then the Magic in the playoffs you need a good defense to have a shot, look at the past teams that have won it the last few years they all had that 6th man and bench unit that was great

6th men:

Posey(Celtics)
Ginobli(Spurs)
Posey(Heat)

the cavs have Gibson and Wally to come off the bench and West and Williams is a very formidable backcourt

NBA Finals
Cavs vs.Rockets (my preseason pick and im staying with it, wait till the rockets are healthy)

Cavs win in 6

JayJ44

Starter
The Cavs backcourt really isn't much better than the Magic's. West and Williams are both basically spot-up shooters, they can't really create their own shot. Jameer Nelson has been playing great, better than either of them, and you could argue he deserves an all-star spot.

True, the Magic bench is weak (which is why they should pick up Starbury). But the Cavs bench isn't that much better, Gibson and Wally are just more spot-up shooters. Wally is terrible, he can barely shoot at this point in his career.

I agree that the Rockets could make the finals. They all need to get healthy by the playoffs, but if they do, they're the only team in the west that can match the Lakers' depth and offensive firepower. Plus, their defense is much better than the Lakers'.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
NElson has been great this year and lately he's been even better, Marbs would be the perfect 6th man for that team come off the bench or put him with Nelson in the backcourt that could give a Williams/West backcourt lots of problems

Nelson/Marbury>Williams/West

i still like the Cavs to win it though loll