Knicks-Hornets Game Thread 1/12/09

JayJ44

Starter
New York Knicks (13-22) vs. New Orleans Hornets (22-11)
Starting Lineups:

New York Knicks:
PG- Chris Duhon
act_chris_duhon.jpg

SG- Quentin Richardson
quentinrichardson_jpg_w300h334.jpg

SF- Wilson Chandler
act_wilson_chandler.jpg

PF- David Lee
bk_AAHR145_16x20~David-Lee-Posters.jpg

C- Jared Jeffries
Act_jared_jeffries.jpg

New Orleans Hornets:
PG- Chris Paul
chris.paul.jpg

SG- Rasual Butler
340x.jpg

SF- Peja Stojakovic
p1peja.jpg

PF- David West
dwest_300_080131.jpg

C- Tyson Chandler
tyson.chandler.jpg

Highlights from last game:

Key Matchup:
Chris Duhon vs. Chris Paul
382846180_d696511cab.jpg

Song of the Day:
Talib Kweli- Listen

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice thread JayJ you should do some in my opinion.....nice choice on the song, Talib got some skills

and highlights from last game....i thought there weren't any ill check em out anyways

hope we come out with some energy today it's our last game on the road trip so it'll be nice if we show were not completely dead yet...

ima call it Nate gets out of his recent slump(i hope)

and Chandler and Harrington have bounce back games

Final score

Knicks-99

Hornets- 105

JayJ44

Starter
Jeffrie is playing well to start. Rebounding, playing good defense. Nobody seems to be shooting that well. Hopefully they can start knocking down shots. Pretty good overall performance so far.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Jeffrie is playing well to start. Rebounding, playing good defense. Nobody seems to be shooting that well. Hopefully they can start knocking down shots. Pretty good overall performance so far.
Jeffries is playing really well.. Nate has no confidence in his shooting at all and it shows... I have a good feeling about this game... A win tonight would take away that sting from the debacle in the meadowlands yesterday

JayJ44

Starter
I love the way we've been playing so far. Moving the ball very well, playing defense. Jeffries is really hustling and grabbing a lot of rebounds. Sometimes we come out of halftime and play like crap. Like the last game against the Rockets. Glad to see that's not the case here. Can't believe we're up by 12. Hope we can keep it up. :crossfingers:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice win to close out the road trip hopefully this will convert to a nice stretch after the horrible one we just stopped

Jeffries did his thing out there tonight(no homo) had 3 points but he provided stuff that doesnt show up on stat sheets like taking charges and playing defense that made west's life miserable...to go along with 6 assts and 8 rebs(5 offensive)

so he's the player of the game

chandler was good after a bad game vs Houston, and Harrington hit a big three to give the momentum back to us

Nate still shooting bad....he needs to bust out soon(no homo)

TunerAddict

Starter
Good win.

However, Robinson and Harrington continue to struggle shooting the ball.

Watched first half, was extremely boring game. Left it in fate's hands after that.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
That was a great team effort tonight from all the guys that played.They finally played team ball and all was on the same page.

Lee was the man again tonight with his awesome play 12-16 24points,9rebounds,and 3 dimes.
Chandler played a great game, shot the ball well and did'nt take bad shots like he normally has been doing.

Nate and Harrington is still stinking up the gym with their terrible play.Hopefully they can get out of their slump and get back to normal.

Overall is was a great win that the Knicks really needed and my player of the game is Lee.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
that might have been one of the biggest wins of the season, besides beating boston, but they have choked lately (they did win tonight though........shit) anyways, i missed the first half, but i saw the entire 2nd half and the knicks led by as many as 14 in the 4th! it was a nail biter game but im glad we came out on top. great way to end the roadtrip, Q-Rich had another poor shooting night but his rebounding and assists were outrageous and big. same goes for J-Jefrries, his rebounding and assists were crucial too! i think the stat was 30 total assists for the team and only 8 turnovers. thats how you win games! we played good defense overall. Just a great game after a pathetic outing at Houston and getting downed by a 20 point loss.

BRING IT ON WASHINGTON!
GO KNICKS!!!

D-LEE42FAN

Kiyaman

Legend
Who would've thought (bet their Money) that the Knicks would've beat Chris Paul NO Hornets on their homecourt?

DatPrince, your absolutely right on the Q.Richardson & Jefferies theory, they started this game playing like a Proffesional SF/SG switching position on offense/defense with Wilson Chandler which threw a curve in Hornets coach Baron Scott plan with Peja & Chris Paul.
It's our bad that Q.Rich have those kind of games 1 out of 8 games and Jefferies team-chemistry shows up 1 out of 6 games....so excuse me for calling him Q.Brick through those 7 games and Jefferies the 12th man on the roster.

The Knicks shooting was not all that well but their defense deserve a B-+ plus for effort....I still get frantic about all the 3-balls we shoot in the 4th Qtr....but Q.Rich & Harringtons 3's dropped with Chandler layup then his jump-shot at the top of the foul line which sealed this Knick Win.
Lets Go Knicks

Gallinari be aware of Rookie Brook Lopez 31pts & 13rbds over a centerless Thunder team to give his Nets team a start to finish win.
I dont trust the Knicks "two-headed" clueless monsters selecting in the 2009 draft after their poor-poor selection in 2008 draft.

TunerAddict

Starter
Who would've thought (bet their Money) that the Knicks would've beat Chris Paul NO Hornets on their homecourt?

DatPrince, your absolutely right on the Q.Richardson & Jefferies theory, they started this game playing like a Proffesional SF/SG switching position on offense/defense with Wilson Chandler which threw a curve in Hornets coach Baron Scott plan with Peja & Chris Paul.
It's our bad that Q.Rich have those kind of games 1 out of 8 games and Jefferies team-chemistry shows up 1 out of 6 games....so excuse me for calling him Q.Brick through those 7 games and Jefferies the 12th man on the roster.

The Knicks shooting was not all that well but their defense deserve a B-+ plus for effort....I still get frantic about all the 3-balls we shoot in the 4th Qtr....but Q.Rich & Harringtons 3's dropped with Chandler layup then his jump-shot at the top of the foul line which sealed this Knick Win.
Lets Go Knicks

Gallinari be aware of Rookie Brook Lopez 31pts & 13rbds over a centerless Thunder team to give his Nets team a start to finish win.
I dont trust the Knicks "two-headed" clueless monsters selecting in the 2009 draft after their poor-poor selection in 2008 draft.

And Chuckie V dropped 40-something as a rookie and we all saw how well that turned out...

Drop it. You can't make judgements on a guy who hasn't played yet.