Game #36: Wizards @ Knicks

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Washington Wizards (7-30) vs The New York Knicks (14-22)
Wed. 1/14 at 7:30pm ET on MSG​

windowslivewritermadisonsquaregarden-29fcmapdc08c1289c37.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show. The Knicks are coming off a very impressive win against the Hornets. The Knicks made some big shots down the stretch and were able to hold off New Orleans. David Lee led the way with 24 points and 9 rebounds. Wilson Chandler was the go-to-guy down the stretch and he proved once again that hes ready for that role. The Knicks had 12 more assists then the Hornets did. Thats ironic, considering the fact that they have best point guard in the league (Chris Paul). The Hornets only shot 38.4% for the game.

The Washington Wizards are hoping to end a 5 game losing streak. The last team they beat was Lebron "Crab Dribble" James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Wizards seem to play good against the Cavs. I get the impression that several players on Washington do not like Lebron James. Nick Young scored 30 points off the bench for the Wizards as they lost by 6 on Monday night to the Milwaukee Bucks.

They sometimes say in boxing that styles make fights. It will be interesting to watch the 2 different styles of the Wizards and the Knicks. I can very easily see it being close in the 4th quarter. Washington is not a good team offensively but they do play some defense. They allow 99.9 points per game from their opponents. The Knicks score alot of points but they are the 3rd worst team defensively in the league right now. I predict that the game will be decided by no more then 5 points.

If you were unable to see the Hornets game heres the highlights:

STARTING LINEUPS

WashingtonBullets.png

The Washington Wizards

pg-Mike James
sg-Caron Butler
sf-Antawn Jamison
pf-Dominic McGuire
C-Andray Blatche

1051.jpg
1705.jpg
385.jpg
3452.jpg
2746.jpg

Backups: Nick Young, Javaris Crittenton, Darius Songalia, Javale McGee, Etan Thomas, Juan Dixon, Oleksiy Pecherov

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

kcd08033.jpg

MOBILE-IMAGING-KnicksDancers.jpg

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT SMALL FORWARD WILSON CHANDLER
AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
AT CENTER JARED JEFFRIES

3855.jpg
3417.jpg
4301.jpg
3956.jpg
3609.jpg

BACKUPS: AL HARRINGTON, NATE ROBINSON, TIM THOMAS, ANTHONY ROBERSON, MALIK ROSE

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP:Wilson Chandler vs Antawn Jamison

Antawn_and_Ione_Jamison.jpg

act_antawn_jamison.jpg

VS

chandler7_081407rh.jpg

v010430A.jpg

Wilson Chandler

Its hard to predict the matchups for this game. Im sure Wilson and Jamison will be matched up at some point. Right now the Wizards are going with Blatche at center and Dominic McGuire at Power forward. Every player has different patterns on how they play. Some players bring it every night, some players are inconsistent, and some players dont really do much. Wilson Chandler has offensively put together a pattern of doing good every other game. He cant seem to drop 20 or more points on back to back nights. I cant complain though, hes still very young, hes our only shot blocker, and he plays defense. Heres a look at his last 5 games and you can see the pattern that I'm talking about.

n9jzm.png

Chandlers 08-09 Stats

PPG 14.7
RPG 5.6
APG 1.9
SPG 0.9
BPG 0.9
FG% 0.421
FT% 0.818
3P% 0.302
MPG 33.7

Antawn Jamison

PPG 20.5
RPG 9.2
APG 1.9
SPG 1.3
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.459
FT% 0.733
3P% 0.314
MPG 38.4

Antawn Jamison is one of the tougher players to stop in the league. Hes got the complete package on offense. He can take opponents off the dribble, he can shoot, he can get to the line, and he can find the open man. Jamison creates matchup problems every time he steps on the court. I would rather see Chandler slow down Jamison then score 20 points.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Dont allow both Jamison and Butler to start making shots
  • Box Out!!! Wizards not a good rebounding team but they have athletic players (McGee and Blatche) capable of stealing rebounds
  • Ball Movement: Take Good shots
  • Look for Wilson Chandler aka Mr. Clutch late in the 4th if its a close game
  • Watch out for Nick Young off the bench!!

Player Spotlight

spotlight.jpg

David Lee

33-90799-P.jpg

340x.jpg

David Lee continues to define what consistency is. Night in and Night out, you know what to expect from him. Alot of heart, hustle, and rebounding. Hes been a double double machine his whole career. Hes having his best year, averaging 14.9ppg and 11.1rpg, both are career highs. Heres his stats from the last 5 games:

2mp0nf8.png

In the movie A Bronx Tale, Lorenzo (played by Robert De Niro) teaches his son Calogero that one of the worst things in life is wasted talent. David Lee is the type of player that will reach his max potential. He will be the best player he can possibly be while not wasting any of his talent. He brings his "A" game night in and night out.

Throwback Joint of the Day:

Artist:NWA
Title:100 Miles and Runnin'
Album:100 Miles and Runnin' EP
Year:1990

NWA-100MilesAndRunnin.jpg

Download "100 Miles and Runnin'" Here:
08 NWA - 100 Miles And Running.mp3 - 5.26MB

Knicks Upcoming Schedule:

2qmq6p4.png

Thanks for joining me for my pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Wednesday night on MSG!!!!!

TunerAddict

Starter
Wow, looking at that schedule, 7 of the next 10 games are really winnable games. This needs to be the point where we make a turn around.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice thread MSG very informative,

i hope we could build on last nights win

im looking for Chandler to continue his great play

Harrington to continue to get back into his form

and Nate to break out (ima keep saying that till he does)

Jeffries to be a factor on the defensive end; he'll continue to do the little things

Final Score:

Wizards-101

Knicks- 110

I agree with TurnerAddict. This is the point in the season where we need to turn it around, a very winnable schedule ahead of us.

Can't allow Butler and Jamison to get going. This is a game we need to win, as is Friday's also.

Knicks 112
Wizards 99

JayJ44

Starter
Great thread MSG. Lmao at the picture of Chandler, Q-Rich and KG. Chandler's expression is hilarious, and Q-Rich looks like he's clothlining KG.

I hope we perform well against the Wizards. We tend to underestimate our opponents after we beat a good team. Hopefully this doesn't happen, and we can start a winning streak to keep our playoff hopes alive.

New New York

Quiet Storm
This game is "winable" but, we have beat this team twice already and once being undermanned. I can see that being a factor in us not coming out to play, and them being up for the game. This is a dangerous game for us, if we play D like we did for the better part of the road trip, I can see us winning a close one. If we slack for 3 qtrs and try to win it in the 4th this will amount to another demorilizing loss.

Great Thread MSG. Lets get em Knicks!

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I won't accept anything but a win on this one.
We need to win 3 or 4 straight to be a solid and respected group and hopefully, a playoff team.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Pretty good game thread, msg. Too bad the real "C" from a bronx tale wasted his talent, but david lee looks like he's gonna maximize his.

Hopefully chandler can shut down jamison the same way he shut down kg. Knicks win 114 to 106

jimmymootz

Rookie
must win

Damn i haven't heard NWA in a while. not exactly sure why it's their but who really cares. They gotta win tomorrow.And not just saying that because im gonna be in the house either....They have to beat under .500 teams

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Damn i haven't heard NWA in a while. not exactly sure why it's their but who really cares. They gotta win tomorrow.And not just saying that because im gonna be in the house either....They have to beat under .500 teams

ACTUALLY, I really care. Adds even more flava to the thread.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
After Harrington & Thomas' comments about slumping and playing a full 48 every game, I hope the rest of the crew reciprocates and brings it tomorrow night. If Jefferies brings along a game as good as he did vs the Hornuts and Q penetrates and dishes like he did so effectively in the 4th, we got 'em. A loss against the Wizz would suck really hard after locking down the 22-12 Hornets. MSG reckons that he'd prefer to see Chandler play more D than O, but I'm pretty sure that if his confidence in shooting is up, he'll want that ball even more and show some of that athleticism whilst matching up against Jamison and lock him up. Chandler's 4th quarter play the other night was awesome. Harrington jacked way too many shots throughout the game considering Chandler was knocking his down from mid to long range. Hopefully N8 hits his shots too (for a change). Lee will get his regardless.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
After Harrington & Thomas' comments about slumping and playing a full 48 every game, I hope the rest of the crew reciprocates and brings it tomorrow night. If Jefferies brings along a game as good as he did vs the Hornuts and Q penetrates and dishes like he did so effectively in the 4th, we got 'em. A loss against the Wizz would suck really hard after locking down the 22-12 Hornets. MSG reckons that he'd prefer to see Chandler play more D than O, but I'm pretty sure that if his confidence in shooting is up, he'll want that ball even more and show some of that athleticism whilst matching up against Jamison and lock him up. Chandler's 4th quarter play the other night was awesome. Harrington jacked way too many shots throughout the game considering Chandler was knocking his down from mid to long range. Hopefully N8 hits his shots too (for a change). Lee will get his regardless.

Wilson Chandler

Every player has different patterns on how they play. Some players bring it every night, some players are inconsistent, and some players dont really do much. Wilson Chandler has offensively put together a pattern of doing good every other game. He cant seem to drop 20 or more points on back to back nights. I cant complain though, hes still very young, hes our only shot blocker, and he plays defense. Heres a look at his last 5 games and you can see the pattern that I'm talking about.

n9jzm.png

I would rather see Chandler slow down Jamison then score 20 points.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Dont allow both Jamison and Butler to start making shots
  • Box Out!!! Wizards not a good rebounding team but they have athletic players (McGee and Blatche) capable of stealing rebounds
  • Ball Movement: Take Good shots
  • Look for Wilson Chandler aka Mr. Clutch late in the 4th if its a close game
  • Watch out for Nick Young off the bench!!

:gony: :smokin:

WiL8000

Rotation player
This is a winnable game. The wizards are a shorthanded team like the knicks, but I like our guys better. They should also feel good about beating the Hornets coming into this one.

Fordy

Rookie
Nwa was the shiznit..Wizards are terrible. Just focus on Butler, Jamison, and Nick Young and we should win easily, if we dont it would be a brutal loss.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
This is a winnable game. The wizards are a shorthanded team like the knicks, but I like our guys better. They should also feel good about beating the Hornets coming into this one.

i agree we should, but we should have felt better going into our game vs the Thunder after we beat the Celtics........you never know with this team