Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game #36: Wizards @ Knicks

Man I hope we win.. My mind says we'll win... But my heart givng me a different result... we have a tendancy for letdowns... Major let downs...

Originally Posted by bigpat33
    After Harrington & Thomas' comments about slumping and playing a full 48 every game, I hope the rest of the crew reciprocates and brings it tomorrow night. If Jefferies brings along a game as good as he did vs the Hornuts and Q penetrates and dishes like he did so effectively in the 4th, we got 'em. A loss against the Wizz would suck really hard after locking down the 22-12 Hornets. MSG reckons that he'd prefer to see Chandler play more D than O, but I'm pretty sure that if his confidence in shooting is up, he'll want that ball even more and show some of that athleticism whilst matching up against Jamison and lock him up. Chandler's 4th quarter play the other night was awesome. Harrington jacked way too many shots throughout the game considering Chandler was knocking his down from mid to long range. Hopefully N8 hits his shots too (for a change). Lee will get his regardless.
    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Wilson Chandler

Every player has different patterns on how they play. Some players bring it every night, some players are inconsistent, and some players dont really do much. Wilson Chandler has offensively put together a pattern of doing good every other game. He cant seem to drop 20 or more points on back to back nights. I cant complain though, hes still very young, hes our only shot blocker, and he plays defense. Heres a look at his last 5 games and you can see the pattern that I'm talking about.

I would rather see Chandler slow down Jamison then score 20 points.
    The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
    • Dont allow both Jamison and Butler to start making shots
    • Box Out!!! Wizards not a good rebounding team but they have athletic players (McGee and Blatche) capable of stealing rebounds
    • Ball Movement: Take Good shots
    • Look for Wilson Chandler aka Mr. Clutch late in the 4th if its a close game
    • Watch out for Nick Young off the bench!!

This is a winnable game. The wizards are a shorthanded team like the knicks, but I like our guys better. They should also feel good about beating the Hornets coming into this one.

Nwa was the shiznit..Wizards are terrible. Just focus on Butler, Jamison, and Nick Young and we should win easily, if we dont it would be a brutal loss.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by WiL8000
    This is a winnable game. The wizards are a shorthanded team like the knicks, but I like our guys better. They should also feel good about beating the Hornets coming into this one.
    i agree we should, but we should have felt better going into our game vs the Thunder after we beat the Celtics........you never know with this team

Q-Rich with a very good 1st period, let's see if he can keep it up.

Our defense could have been a lot better. Plus, the Wizards made some tough shots. Our offense has been good, Harrington and Q-Rich are playing well. Duhon and Lee are killing them with the pick and roll, they play very well together. Overall, not a bad half, but I would have liked to see a bigger lead. We're gonna need to buckle down defensively.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Our defense could have been a lot better. Plus, the Wizards made some tough shots. Our offense has been good, Harrington and Q-Rich are playing well. Duhon and Lee are killing them with the pick and roll, they play very well together. Overall, not a bad half, but I would have liked to see a bigger lead. We're gonna need to buckle down defensively.
    no doubt man, yeah both teams shot the lights out in the first half, we need to play much better defense in the second half, the knicks are on pace to score 134 pts. LETS GO KNICKS!!!

D-LEE42FAN

Veteran

Originally Posted by KnickfaninMA
    Lets start a winning streak here!
    COSIGN

After watching the first half..........the Knicks have the ability to beat the Wizards in this two game series....all that slumping talk was nothing but under-estimating their oponent on that road trip. The Knicks also has the habit of under-estimating their own chemistry by sticking to this 3-ball shooting.
    Harrington have to start helping out in the paint through both these games the Wizard's bigmen is no slouch.

Looks like we're gonna win this one. Not liking that we gave up almost 120 points, but a win is a win. David Lee comes through yet again with about 30 points, I think 10 rebounds. He's really the MVP of this team. Duhon had a good game, passed well. Harrington was scoring very well, same as Q-Rich. Jeffries is beginning to grow on me, he plays defense, gets rebounds. Good win, we need to keep this up to stay in the playoff race.

good win guys

Good win cause after beating Boston and then losing to the thunder, it was horrible! After beating an elite team like the hornets, it feels good that they can build on this.

Great win! We haven't won 2 in a row since dec. 10 + 13. Long ass time.

N. Young goes for 33?! Damn, that kid is good.

Hopefully we continue the win streak in washington this friday.

Great win that the Knicks needed badly and hopefully they can keep this winning streak going.

Great play by Harrington,Q-Rich,Duhon and EXPECIALLY David Lee with yet another great game.Keep it up D-Lee b/c you earn that 10 mill!!!

DLEE was on fire tonight! Duhon and Harrington played real well too...I'm starting to realize why DLee is prob a better player overall then Nate, given Nates in a slump, DLee seems to be on another level....good last two games..