Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pay David Lee!

I thaught we could start talking contracts March 1st?

Veteran

Originally Posted by KnickfaninMA
    I hope the Knicks can keep DLEE because the guy is a great player to have on our team. His work ethic can also rub off on the younger players.

Also, why would anyone compare Pau Gasol to DLEE. Pau Gasol is more talented, and also physically bigger, but the guy is soft. I realized that when he got beasted by Garnett in the finals. With all the advantages Pau Gasol has over DLEE, he doesn't have the heart, hustle, or passion that DLEE's got. If he had those qualities he could be a top ten player in the nba, instead he is just a good player.

Do U recall....
    Knick-Fans went buck-wild when coach Charlie Brown DNP Rookie David Lee the entire 2nd half of the season....to go on a 22 game losing streak.
    Or have some of you forgotten that? if so do you recall Lee second season:

David Lee started off his second season as a double-double player that motovated Eddy Curry to have 16 straight double-double games before Lee was injured for the season (Winning the MVP in the Rook/Soph All-Star).
    All the peeps that slept on David Lee at the draft and throughout his rookie contract.....debating that Lee is not worth $10M per on any NBA team b/c his stats are 11-10....forgot his stats are made on sheer hard hustling and his team-chemistry improves his teammates performance.
    This was established by Lee his first 3 seasons in the league....thats why Memphis offered to give up their 4th pick last season for 30th pick David Lee. Memphis felt David Lee chemistry perfomance could replace Gasol.

And Please dont anyone give Lee's performance to coach Dantoni....especially after 2 years of just watching Isiah give playingtime to only high-contract players that hated each other....benching all the young athletic NBA ready players.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Knick-Fans went buck-wild when coach Charlie Brown DNP Rookie David Lee the entire 2nd half of the season....to go on a 22 game losing streak.
    Or have some of you forgotten that? if so do you recall Lee seacond season:

David Lee started off his second season as a double-double player that motovated Eddy Curry to have 16 straight double-double games before Lee was injured for the season (Winning the MVP in the Rook/Soph All-Star).
    All the peeps that slept on David Lee at the draft and throughout his rookie contract.....debating that Lee is not worth $10M per on any NBA team b/c his stats are 11-10....forgot his stats are made on sheer hard hustling and his team-chemistry improves his teammates performance.
    This was established by Lee his first 3 seasons in the league....thats why Memphis offered to give up their 4th pick last season for 30th pick David Lee. Memphis felt David Lee chemistry perfomance could replace Gasol.

And Please dont anyone give Lee's performance to coach Dantoni....especially after 2 years of just watching Isiah give playingtime to only high-contract players that hated each other....benching all the young athletic NBA ready players.

I will not forget

110%

Nyk Logo

David Lee is the epitome of a team player and someone who can make other players better. He is a positive influence and will do whatever is asked of him to win. In this day and age you can't find that many people in any profession, let alone the NBA.

He is also still young and is improving as he is getting more playing time. The last thing I would like to see is for him to be traded to another team and watch him flourish.

Pay him what he deserves. I think he really likes New York and would prefer to continue his career here. He also is a fan favorite and I think you would see many unhappy fans if he is traded.

Default David Lee: Knicks Vs Suns: Salary Vs Stats

KNICKS VS SUNS: SALARY VS STATS

DAVID LEE
    25 Points 16 Rebounds
    08-09 salary: $1,788,033

AMARE STOUDAMIRE
    20 Points 4 Rebounds
    08-09 salary: $15,0070,550

SHAQ O
    21 Points 12 Rebounds
    08-09 salary: $20,000,000

PAY DAVID LEE!
    <table border="0" bordercolor="#ffffff" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="650"><tbody><tr> </tr></tbody></table>