Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Pay David Lee!

  1. #16
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    It all comes down to trading Curry or Jeffries. If we can trade either one of them before the deadline, then we SHOULD sign Lee. If we can't trade those players, then signing Lee will ruin our chances at signing Amare or Bosh. I would much rather have Amare or Bosh, than Lee.

    It would be ashame if Curry causes us to lose Lee. Curry has f***ed up this franchise in many ways.

    Lee would be the perfect role player to go along 2 superstars in D'Antoni's system. He's a great outlet passer and rebounder. He's a hustle player that doesn't need the ball to be effective and sets up picks then splits them really well. We would still need a player like him to go along with the 2 superstars. Every championship team needs a player like Lee.
    Exactly, that's what it comes down to. We need to get rid of some unproductive players and their contracts and create the space to keep Lee and sign 2 big names in 2010. If this doesn't happen then as much as Lee is a keeper he will prevent the NYK from signing big names in 2010.

    The other option is they sign Lee is that Curry opts out (which i don't see him doing) or signing one player in 2010 and waiting for 2011 to sign another player when Curry and others come off the books.

  2. #17
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Lee

    If he is not traded, or if he is signed before free agency, Lee's worth will be determined by what another team is willing to pay him. The Knicks can match or not match. If they do not match, the Knicks get nothing in return.

    I expect that Lee might be willing to take a New York discount. If the Knicks want him, they should try to sign him and avoid matching some other team's offer. If Curry and/or Jefferies can get off the books before 2010, the Knicks are likely to sign Lee.

    Although other teams value Lee highly, I am not sure he is easily tradeable. He will not have to sign with the acquiring team because he is on the road to free agency. I agree with abcd that Lee's trade value is currently high. Walsh has a problem. It can be fixed if someone will take Curry off our hands, but that is not going to happen before the trade deadline, because he is injured and totally out of shape.

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    It can be fixed if someone will take Curry off our hands, but that is not going to happen before the trade deadline, because he is injured and totally out of shape.

    and because... he's a HOMO...

  4. #19
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    who is to say that being a homo isnt a pluss for some gm's....never know

  5. #20
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by dre48ny
    Exactly, that's what it comes down to. We need to get rid of some unproductive players and their contracts and create the space to keep Lee and sign 2 big names in 2010. If this doesn't happen then as much as Lee is a keeper he will prevent the NYK from signing big names in 2010.

    The other option is they sign Lee is that Curry opts out (which i don't see him doing) or signing one player in 2010 and waiting for 2011 to sign another player when Curry and others come off the books.
    When is D.Howard a FA?

  6. #21
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by rollingstone
    hehe
    u come into a thread where the guy is saying we should pay Lee up to 11 mil and i disagree, u say im stoned, and yet u say yourself that we should pay 6-8 mil.. lolz, i think u are the one stoned

    If the guy wants to say 6-8 mil a year, i co-sign. 6 mil would be a steal imo, 8 mil about right.
    But what i read in CoolClyde's post is that D-Lee is worth 6-8 mil, but we should afford to overpay 2-3 mil. That's up to 11 mil a year for David Lee... If that is not big time overpaying, tell me.
    I dont see how it doesnt hurt our future. Lee would have to develop a lot to justify that.

    Lee is nice, but all i see him doing on defence is bend over, get ready to jump for rebound and hope other team misses. Sure he gets a lot of rebounds this way, because he's always ready to jump for them. But he sacrifices a lot of defence.
    Maybe that would change if he was full time PF, but watching him I get a feeling it's more of a mindset issue. He prefers to be in this "bent over/ready to jump for rebound" position all the time on D. Instead of doing it when the opponents shoot the ball.

    up to 11 mil deal is based on big time hopes that he develops a lot, and i dont see a reason to believe it.
    I agree with you then that he should definetly not be payed 11 mil a year. He is currently not that valuable. Potentially maybe We can sign a big time PF with money like that who can also provide defense. The main reason why I give Lee a max of 8 or 9 mil is because of his A+ work ethic. You can almost gurantee that any weakness in his game is going to be improved within a year or few years....so I expect his defense to improve and for Lee to average a block a game before we know it.

    Guys that work as hard as Lee deserve atleast what i offer. You get what your paying for a hard working rebounder who has great work ethic.

    His jump shot has improved and once he has that down the money will be worth it, no doubt in my mind.

    Give Lee a better jump shot and improved defense and he can be worth more than what I would pay him for.

  7. #22
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    671
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    You guys know were I stand on this subject.. I think he deserves anywhere from 8-10 mill.Like another poster said the knicks have dished out the money to players that hav'nt done a thing for us.Now that we have a player in Lee that deserves the money they all of a sudden have to think about paying Lee.Walt Frasier said last night that there was a rumor that Lee was going to ask for 10 mill.Frasier said the way that he is playing he will deserve more than 10 mill.So I say sign him already b/c if not then we will lose out on a great player that can come off the bench for us for years to come.

  8. #23
    Member KnickfaninMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Keep DLEE

    I hope the Knicks can keep DLEE because the guy is a great player to have on our team. His work ethic can also rub off on the younger players.

    Also, why would anyone compare Pau Gasol to DLEE. Pau Gasol is more talented, and also physically bigger, but the guy is soft. I realized that when he got beasted by Garnett in the finals. With all the advantages Pau Gasol has over DLEE, he doesn't have the heart, hustle, or passion that DLEE's got. If he had those qualities he could be a top ten player in the nba, instead he is just a good player.

  9. #24
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    When is D.Howard a FA?
    He is signed through 2011-2012. He can opt out after that.

  10. #25
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    When is D.Howard a FA?
    Originally Posted by dre48ny
    He is signed through 2011-2012. He can opt out after that.

    Keeping the dream alive

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    just once, i'd like us to draft someone and they develop into a star.. and not a david (can't hit a 5ft jumper if my life depended on it) lee , or nate (when's the circus coming to town) robinson ....is that asking toooo much???

  12. #27
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,500
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Jerome James vs David Lee

    I already posted this on Jerome James WTF thread, but it deserves attention here. Below is Big Snacks' 29M salary/stats compared to DLee.
    <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay

    Here are a few creative accounting ways in how that $29M played out on the floor, assuming he indeed doesn't return in 09-10:

    $2,507,204.61 per hour on the floor
    $325,842.70 per game played
    $130,044.84 per point scored
    $177,914.11 per rebound
    $743,589.74 per blocked shot

    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    DAVID LEE $/stats - (not counting rest of 2009)

    SALARY
    2005/2006 - $ 861,360
    2006/2007 - $ 926,040
    2007/2008 - $ 990,600
    2008/2009 - $1,788,033

    Total = $4,566,033

    STATS
    6610 minutes = $690/minute
    2082 rebounds = $2193/rebound
    2451 points = $1862/point

    Looking at it that way, I'd say trade David Lee! not.

    So Jerome James makes more in 1 year than David Lee has made
    his whole New York career, and now we can't afford to pay the man when his time has come to get paid? Staph Mebury gets $21Mill to NOT PLAY.

    what does that tell you about James Dolan and the Knicks organization?

    PAY DAVID LEE!

  13. #28

    Default

    yup...........

  14. #29
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    671
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    I already posted this on Jerome James WTF thread, but it deserves attention here. Below is Big Snacks' 29M salary/stats compared to DLee.
    <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay

    Here are a few creative accounting ways in how that $29M played out on the floor, assuming he indeed doesn't return in 09-10:

    $2,507,204.61 per hour on the floor
    $325,842.70 per game played
    $130,044.84 per point scored
    $177,914.11 per rebound
    $743,589.74 per blocked shot

    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    DAVID LEE $/stats - (not counting rest of 2009)

    SALARY
    2005/2006 - $ 861,360
    2006/2007 - $ 926,040
    2007/2008 - $ 990,600
    2008/2009 - $1,788,033

    Total = $4,566,033

    STATS
    6610 minutes = $690/minute
    2082 rebounds = $2193/rebound
    2451 points = $1862/point

    Looking at it that way, I'd say trade David Lee! not.

    So Jerome James makes more in 1 year than David Lee has made
    his whole New York career, and now we can't afford to pay the man when his time has come to get paid? Staph Mebury gets $21Mill to NOT PLAY.

    what does that tell you about James Dolan and the Knicks organization?

    PAY DAVID LEE!
    I agree with you 110%!! PAY D-LEE NOW!!!!!!!!!

  15. #30
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Fellas were not allowed to renegiate or resign David Lee until the seasons over. The deadline was Oct 30 so until the season is up nobody can resign a player coming out of his rookie contract.

    It all comes down to this, does D-Lee take a hometown discount or does he cash in on his numbers.

Similar Threads

  1. Analysis on David Lee
    By Blas in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2009, 11:05
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2009, 10:02
  3. ESPN ANALYSIS: START DAVID LEE and NATE
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2008, 12:18
  4. David Lee New Dimension
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Oct 15, 2007, 13:21
  5. One Day I can see David Lee
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Sep 12, 2007, 15:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •