World Baseball Classic

th3realicon

Rotation player
I was really skeptic on US's chances to win this thing but when A-Rod opted to play for the DR i started to believe in it. I hope they get Jake Peavy as he is being rumored to take part on it.

metrocard

Legend
Oh damn, PR is stacked this year.

Starters

Javier Vasquez
Jonathan Sanchez
Ian Snell
Joel Pineiro

Bull pen
Pedro Feliciano
Fernando Cabrera
Saul Rivera
Javier Lopez
Kiko Calero
J.C. Romero

C (best country in producing catchers)
Geovany Soto
Bengie Molina
Yadier Molina
Pudge Rodriguez
Javier Valentin

1B
Carlos Delgado

2B
Alex Cora
Ramon Vasquez

3B
Mike Lowell
Jose Valentin

SS
Mike Aviles
Felipe Lopez

LF
Lou Montanez

CF
Carlos Beltran
Bernie Williams

RF
Alex Rios
Hiram Bocachica

Projected line up

Cora
Aviles
Beltran
Rios
Delgado
Soto
Lowell
Montanez
Pitcher

Damn.

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Dominican Team

I just saw the provisional roster for the Dominican team and I gotta say that DR's got the best infield on paper.

Notable Infielders

3B- Alex Rodriguez
3B- Aramis Ramirez
SS- Hanley Ramirez
SS- Jose Reyes
2B- Placido Polanco
1B- Albert Pujols

I would say the weak spot is in the catcher position (Not listing names). The pitching is good, and so is the outfield.

Notable Outfielders

OF- Alfonso Soriano
OF- Vladamir Guerrero

Notable Pitchers

SP- Ervin Santana
SP-Edison Volquez
SP- Francisco Liriano
RP- Rafael Perez
CP- Francisco Cordero

Overall the Domincan team is great offensively, but it's gonna have to be the pitching and defense that brings DR the title. GO DR!!!

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty excited about the World Baseball Classic! I'm going for the Dominican team to take the title this time! Who do you guys got?

Here's the link to the site so you can get updates
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/news/wbc_09/index.jsp
I expect both PR and DR to make great runs in the tourney, Dont ever count Japan out however, I knew they were going to win last year before it even started. I'm pulling for Italy this year... Although I dont expect much from them. lol

metrocard

Legend
Venezuela is pretty nasty tho, have you seen their pitching? They have enough offense also.

My top 5 are

Japan
Cuba
USA
DR
Venezuela

On the fence
Puerto Rico

I like the underdogs =)

th3realicon

Rotation player
The Angels are not going to let Vlad play for DR. That's a pitty he really wanted to be part of his countries team. The Angels also denied Napoli to join Italy.

The Angels = MLB Nazies :D

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Embarrassing

Damn, I can't believe DR lost to the Netherlands! Thats pretty embarrissing especially when the only player I know on their team is Sidney Ponson(Who Sucks) and DR is stacked with allstars. DR needs to beat Panama today if they want to keep on playing.
:crossfingers:

metrocard

Legend
yea....DR is back to their regular form.

The biggest threats right now are

Pool A
Japan and Korea...even tho Japan is a bigger threat out of this pool who can easily take down USA with their fundamentals, speed and pitching.

Pool B
Australia dropped 17 runs on Mexico...so they're a mystery.
Cuba is the powerhouse here.

Pool C
USA easily got this...Venezuela will defeat Italy/Canada, not enough pitching to survive unless Felix comes back in Pool 2

Pool D
PR and DR by far.

PR should easily take Netherlands and meet DR in the final showdown of pool D.

Pool 1
Japan
Korea
Cuba
Mexico or Australia

Pool winning game should be Japan vs Cuba again

Pool 2
USA
Venezuela
DR
PR

Wouldn't be suprised to see a USA vs PR game.

Its tough to predict, a lot of the teams look good so far.

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Upsetting

Damn, DR gets defeated twice and eliminated by the Netherlands! This is very upsetting. I would have loved to watch PR vs. DR.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Manuel said his team was supposed to win in blow out fashion instead. Sheer arrogance that is why DR being sent home has a feeling of justice.

You do not discard the opponents, after they handled your arse in a platter.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Manuel said his team was supposed to win in blow out fashion instead. Sheer arrogance that is why DR being sent home has a feeling of justice.

You do not discard the opponents, after they handled your arse in a platter.
Thank you, And even Reyes opened his mouth... Unprofessional... Karma is a great thing.