Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Danilo Gallinari vs Wilson Chandler

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Nyk Logo Danilo Gallinari vs Wilson Chandler

Danilo Gallinari
    Height: 6"10
    Weight: 225
    Birthplace: Italy
    Draft #: 6
    Accomplishments: Italian league All Star Game 3-Point Shootout Champion 2007
    Euroleague Rising Star Award 2007-08

Strengths:

Size for position
    Productivity at highest level outside NBA at young age
    Maturity
    Versatility
    Fundamentals
    Ability to play multiple positions
    Strength
    Frame
    Intensity
    Winning mentality
    Court vision
    Ability to create own shot
    Ball-handling skills with either hand
    Hesitation moves
    Utilizing screens
    Ability to draw fouls
    Body control
    Pull-up jumper
    Shooting mechanics
    Basketball IQ
    Poise

Weaknesses:
    Quickness
    Explosiveness
    Ability to defend NBA small forwards?
    Post-up moves
    Rebounding

VS.

Wilson Chandler
    Height: 6"8
    Weight: 220
    Birthplace: Michigan
    Draft #: 23
    Accomplishments: 2005 Mr. Basketball of Michigan, Big-East Conference All-Rookie team, Wendell Smith Award as the MVP of the first DePaul-Notre Dame game, 2007 All Big East 2nd team

Strengths:

Smoothness
    Creating his own shot
    Quickness
    Leaper
    Strength
    Utilizing screens
    Ability to guard multiple positions
    Mid-range jumper

Weaknesses:
    Ball handling
    IQ
    Shot selection
    Range
    Limited post game
    Assertiveness
    Finishing around the basket
    Rawness

Metrocard's analysis
    We can't have both.
    Both play the 3.
    Its wise to ride out with one SF prospect.
    Gallo happens to be more talented and skilled prospect who would fit better in this system.
    I'm bringing this thread up to make the forum aware of Chandler's value and what we could get for him (which is a lot).
    I'm not giving up on Chandler.
    He's going to be a GREAT player.
    But having Gallo and Chandler on the same team would be like having Deron Williams and Chris Paul on the same team, pointless.
    This isn't a Chandler hate thread.

All I'm saying I rather have Gallo at the 3 for the future.
    Chandler can't play any other position besides the 3. His rebounding isn't good enough to play the 4 and his handles aren't good enough to play guard.

Chandler is young and I think could play the 2 with a little development. In addition Dantoni like to play small so I could see Gallinari at the 4 and even 5. I think we can keep them both. If a good trade arises that involve Chandler I would trade him. I don't see the hurry especially since Gallinari has a bad back and could be a bust.

I think we can keep both of them. If we pair Chandler with a big rebounding center (Thabeet) then there wouldn't be a problem playing him at the 4. Or, I think Gallo is versatile enough to play the 2. Imagine a 6'10 SG, who can shoot over his defender. There's a lot of possibilities. And they have different skill sets. Gallo is a point forward, good ball-handler, passer and shooter. Chandler is a stronger, post up player. I think they'll play very well together.

Very good thread metro...you analysis of both players is right on point and you made a very good point as to why we should keep Gallinari over Chandler.

Chandler is ok at shooting guard from time to time but hes not the type of player that should be the starting shooting guard of any team.

I really wish Gallinari could average 8-10 rebounds instead of 5-6. I think he would thrive at that position but we do need someone who can rebound, possible David Lee.

We could have more problems in the future. Where would Gallo play if we were to get Lebron James? I think because of Lebrons 7.1rpg, we would be able to get away with the Big **** at power forward.

To wrap things up on the big **** and Chandler, as much as some of us like Chandler it makes sense to keep the Big **** over Chandler when we are forced to make that decision someday. He a very versatile player who thrives under the spotlight and has leadership qualities. Im very impressed with him not being intimidated about playing in New York at all. He hasnt been afraid to shoot the ball, and he doesnt look nervous on the court. The Big **** is growing right before our eyes....

Damn that's hateful!

Yea we just have to give them both some time. See how things develop. I know gallo has opened up a lot of peoples eyes in these two games back. The good thing is that they're both at a young age. Maybe one of them doesn't pan out.

chandler needs to be our 2 or 3, and gallo needs to be our 3 or 4(depending if we get lebron)

1 jennings/rubio?
    2 chandler
    3 lbj
    4 gallo
    5 thabeet?amare?

i think we need to keep both metro.
    they need to let them develop.
    i think they are interchangeable for a couple of positions.

Hi everyone, I'm Italian and I'm new in this forum
    I am a supporter of the italian team Olimpia "Armani Jeans" Milano, the team where Danilo Gallinari played and where Mike D'Antoni played before him.
    Since Gallinari was choosed from Knicks and also D'Antoni became the new coach, I started supporting New York in NBA.
    First of all I want to say that Danilo Gallinari is the best italian player and you have seen still nothing about his skills and I think that he is able to become one of the best. On the contrary of his height, he has a goot ball control, technique, agility, for these reasons he played always as a shooting guard or a small forward.
    I hope to learn more about New York Knicks in your company.

Originally Posted by Proud Warrior
    Hi everyone, I'm Italian and I'm new in this forum
    I am a supporter of the italian team Olimpia "Armani Jeans" Milano, the team where Danilo Gallinari played and where Mike D'Antoni played before him.
    Since Gallinari was choosed from Knicks and also D'Antoni became the new coach, I started supporting New York in NBA.
    First of all I want to say that Danilo Gallinari is the best italian player and you have seen still nothing about his skills and I think that he is able to become one of the best. On the contrary of his height, he has a goot ball control, technique, agility, for these reasons he played always as a shooting guard or a small forward.
    I hope to learn more about New York Knicks in your company.
    Welcome to the site

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Welcome to the site
    Thanks

PS Sorry for my poor english

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

nice thread and analysis Metro....

we cant start both but we could definitely keep both of them, one of them could be the 6th man if we lose nate for any reason or we could have Chandler as 6th man or Gallo...no reason why Gallo cant be like Ginobli without the athleticism, Ginobli is sick as 6th man and is great as a starter too we could do that with Gallo or Chandler...if i had to choose over the two to pick one i would take Gallo but i wanna see them both developed

Veteran

I dont believe this POST!

Metrocard, you know your POST favors Gallo over Chandler.....did u actually form your fingers to write u would trade Chandler infavor of Gallo?
    Do you actually believe that Gallo all-around game is better than Chandlers?

We all watched Chandler perform well at PF position for a short time, and then was switch back to SF which he played that very well for a while, and lately he had to play the SG position where he been struggling b/c he been covering damn near all his teammates oponents defensively.

Wilson Chandler been switch from one position to the next position when this is his first season getting playingtime in the NBA....his playingtime should be at one position offensively & defensively learning only about the switch-positions made on the court in offense or defense plays.

This season Wilson Chandler showed repeatedly he is a great 3rd option on offense that can average 15 to 20 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assist, plus defend above average.
    Our offense this season only gives Chandler 9 to 11 shots per game....which he has been averaging 15 points per game.

Gallo played 2 games and all of a sudden he is "Lebron James".

Default Correction

We can have both...Chandler has played the 2 spot this year and can easily be a SG if Mike D wants him to be.

One of the guys can come off the bench...it doesnt matter who starts because on this team a guy can easily have more minutes per game off the bench than actually starting. Al Harrington is coming off the bench every game now and he is getting 10 more minutes per game than Jared Jeffries who starts.

Mike D will find a way to keep both and play both with sufficient minutes. They can easily switch on and off and get good minutes.

Chandler at SG and Gallo at SF
    Chandler at SF and Gallo at PF

Doesn't matter.

chandler, just because he's 20 times better defender

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    We can have both...Chandler has played the 2 spot this year and can easily be a SG if Mike D wants him to be.

One of the guys can come off the bench...it doesnt matter who starts because on this team a guy can easily have more minutes per game off the bench than actually starting. Al Harrington is coming off the bench every game now and he is getting 10 more minutes per game than Jared Jeffries who starts.

Mike D will find a way to keep both and play both with sufficient minutes. They can easily switch on and off and get good minutes.

Chandler at SF and Gallo at PF

Doesn't matter.
    I prefere the first solution. Danilo is not a PF at the moment he con't play phisically hard as a PF must do. Maybe the alternatives could be

Gallo at SG and Chandler at SF

In fact in Olimpia Milano Danilo often playd as a SG and in Europe basketball is less physical.
    But in Mike D'Antoni I trust and I'm sure that he will find the best solution to optimize the living together.

Originally Posted by Proud Warrior
    I prefere the first solution. Danilo is not a PF at the moment he con't play phisically hard as a PF must do. Maybe the alternatives could be

Gallo at SG and Chandler at SF

In fact in Olimpia Milano Danilo often playd as a SG and in Europe basketball is less physical.
    But in Mike D'Antoni I trust and I'm sure that he will find the best solution to optimize the living together.
    \
    good points and i didnt know that Gallo actually played the SG spot so your combination can work.

Gallinari is showing the ability to defend players and block shots so to say he is a abd defender is wrong.

Gallo and Chandler can both defend.
    And can both be a dangerous combo in the future.