Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Danilo Gallinari vs Wilson Chandler

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Gallo's defense has been flawless.

Proud Warrior, NBA isn't that physical either. I mean look at Wade and how easy he gets to the free throw line. Many would say Euroleague has been more physical/their game is similar to how NBA was played in the 80's.

Kiyaman, I respect your post.
    I guess I'll let Gallo's performance take the place of me presenting an argument.

I'm normally accurate with predictions.

Gallo has all star potential, seriously.
    I'm not too sure about Chandler. Just reminds me of Bobby Simmons with his production and efficiency.

Bobby Simmons with a lesser jumpshot.

Chandler shoots 30% from 3pt...and 41% from FG. Those are some Crawful numbers.

I'm not too confident about Chandler being given a big role on this team.

Chandler's intensity isn't there all the time too, sometimes he could get lost in he game. I mean, when he's on, he's obviously an impact. But theres a reason why he was picked in the late first round. Not many scouts expected him to be anything special. He's actually peaking above expectations right now...14 ppg isn't really something to wow about. Huge imporvement from last year, but still...Knicks nation are putting too much stock into him. I know he's 21...but just because someone is young gives them the pass all the time. A lot of young dudes just stay at a certain throughout their careers unless their name is Dwight Howard or Lebron James.

Can we agree Wilson Chandler isn't as aggressive as he should be?

I mean Paul hit it right on head in the Big **** thread.

Great post, Paul.

I just feel like Gallo offers so many from so many different dimensions.

Mainly

Passing
    Slashing
    Shooting

Gallo is really elite for his age at these three attributes.

Then you add his agility, 6"10 and still growing frame.
    Then you add his confidence, awareness, IQ, swag, aggressiveness, assertiveness...

You just have a really matured developed prospect, not a project, but a TRUE prospect who can produce right away.

Wilson Chandler is 2nd on the team in FGA

Question to you guys.

How far do we expect to go when our secondary option is a 14 ppg 41% FG scorer?

When Chris Duhon has a higher FG than you, then you know its a fail.

I'm not that IMPRESSED with Chandler, I was in the hype; but now I'm out after watching Chandler play 30 NBA games.

Chandler should be producing Shawn Marion type numbers, but I don't think he has the agressiveness to do be that productive.

I guess its the right thing to be happy with his 14/5/41% FG?
    agreed

Chandler should be producing better numbers, I feel he just needs time and the right coaching to engrave it in him to play more aggressive. Once Chandler sees his numbers go up every game he will be confident to drive the basketball and cut down on the long shots.
    I was really hyped up too but his FG% has dragged him down.

Can;t wait untill Q Rich is gone so Gallo can take those minutes.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I dont believe this POST!

Metrocard, you know your POST favors Gallo over Chandler.....did u actually form your fingers to write u would trade Chandler infavor of Gallo?
    Do you actually believe that Gallo all-around game is better than Chandlers?

We all watched Chandler perform well at PF position for a short time, and then was switch back to SF which he played that very well for a while, and lately he had to play the SG position where he been struggling b/c he been covering damn near all his teammates oponents defensively.

Wilson Chandler been switch from one position to the next position when this is his first season getting playingtime in the NBA....his playingtime should be at one position offensively & defensively learning only about the switch-positions made on the court in offense or defense plays.

This season Wilson Chandler showed repeatedly he is a great 3rd option on offense that can average 15 to 20 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assist, plus defend above average.
    Our offense this season only gives Chandler 9 to 11 shots per game....which he has been averaging 15 points per game.

Gallo played 2 games and all of a sudden he is "Lebron James".

CO-SIGN!!

I am late, but I can agree anymore Kiyaman. Chandler has huge potential! He has to stay with the knicks. He has also shown to be clutch in quite a few games. I believe he can keep developing. All the other knicks also agree with me. They see how good he can be and they expect a lot from him. He is one of my fav knicks. Gallinari shows big potential too. We should keep both. They are nice young prospects.
    Last edited by chandlerlee4; Jan 21, 2009 at 14:46.

The **** and Wil-son-u both have worth and should stay on this team.

It takes some players more time then others to develop into something great. I see Chandler learning and developing his game you can't knock him down just yet.

He may not have a very high IQ on the court but he is a good player, especially on the defensive end which is something we can't afford to give up. Even if he doesn't pan out to the star level, he would AT LEAST make a decent support cast @ SG or SF for 2010.

Gallo has shown signs of a star caliber player, we still have to let him grow into the NBA style of play. Is his back even 100% yet??

What we need to do is trade the real bums on this team, which is everyone else (excluding Lee and Nate) yall know that-

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Danilo's swag is at an all time high.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Danilo's swag is at an all time high.

It's amazing, a player so young to have such confidence. That's one of the things that impresses me most about him.

The ''BIG ****'' have also ''BIG BALLS'' (no homo)

Danilo Gallinari had another energetic, crowd-pleasing night, with 10 points, 4 rebounds and a memorable block of O’Neal in an 18-minute stint, his longest of the season.
    In three games since returning from a back injury, Gallinari has played almost exclusively against guards and small forwards. Although Gallinari stands 6 feet 10 inches, D’Antoni does not want him anywhere near opposing power forwards and centers. It was a nasty collision with the beefy Robert Traylor that wrecked Gallinari’s back last summer.
    “I’ll tell you, if he gets near Shaq tonight, he might not return from that back injury,” D’Antoni said before the game, chuckling.
    Apparently, Gallinari did not get his coach’s memo. He thrust himself into Amare Stoudemire’s path in the first quarter to stop a drive and took a big blow in the chest. Then he had the audacity to block O’Neal’s shot from behind in the second quarter.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Its still early but I am really impressed with Gallinari and the way he shoots the ball.For it to be his 4th or 5th game he is starting to look like he is very comfortable out there on the court.He needs to keep playing the same amount of minutes that he is getting b/c of his back BUT if I was Wilson Chandler,I would be watching over my shoulder b/c if he does'nt get his head on straight and start playing ball then Gallinari will start taking his minutes.

Default knicks will do good in feb

we play a lot of good teams in feb but those are the only teams we are beating so i guess we are going to win most of the game give me your opinions

Dman been away for awhile...

But anywya this dudes been way better than what I expected. He's really proving me and any other people who had doubts wrong in the 3 games he's played this past week. If Chandler breaks out of his offensive slump anytime soon they can make an immediate decent 1, 2 punch for us. Maybe not great just yet so early on.. but decent.

Edit: FOrgot to mention.. Another thing I love about this guy is his confidence for a 20 year old and a internatinal player at that! I expected him to be timid but he's far from it. And he talks on defense!

12th man

Kiyaman, remeber

You doubted Gallinari.

There were a lot of people that doubted Gallineri. It comes with the territory of being a Euro draft pick I guess. The kid has serious skills.

The only question about him is his back. Everything else is solid and can not be questioned. I really think that he will explode next year. If he can stay healthy the rest of the year, and continue to play like he's playing, a full offseason of conditioning and training, with a year of confidence under his belt will lead to a huge year next year. Mark my words.

I hope we can somehow draft Ricky Rubio. Has anybody else imagined how amazing this team could be with Rubio and Gallineri in D'Antoni's system?

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    There were a lot of people that doubted Gallineri. It comes with the territory of being a Euro draft pick I guess. The kid has serious skills.

The only question about him is his back. Everything else is solid and can not be questioned. I really think that he will explode next year. If he can stay healthy the rest of the year, and continue to play like he's playing, a full offseason of conditioning and training, with a year of confidence under his belt will lead to a huge year next year. Mark my words.

I hope we can somehow draft Ricky Rubio. Has anybody else imagined how amazing this team could be with Rubio and Gallineri in D'Antoni's system?

I'm curious too to see Rubio, Gallinari in D'Antoni's system. Rubio is the best prospect I ever seen (after Gallinari, of course )

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i was one of the knick fans that booed the knicks drafting og Gallinari simply because i didnt know much about the player and was under the impression that he was nothing but a shooter, basically a young Nowitzki, but after watching videos and reading scouting reports on him i liked his game more and more and saw that he had a sick all-around offensive game, and after watching him play 3 games he's done a great job coming off the bench with Nate and providing us with a huge spark off the bench, this dudes confidence is off the charts and he's well on his way to becoming an all-star...the road to all-star status has started

gallinari looks like he's going to be good but i still think he wasnt the best pick for us in da draft

12th man

I agree.
    I see Augustin as Chris Paul with 3pt range, but without the defense (even tho DJ isn't a bad defender)

Lopez could end up being lile...I don't know.
    He's really good at defense.
    His rebounding is better than expected.
    Offensively, scoring is easy for him.
    He can pass out of the post.
    Shoot outside of 15 feet.
    Blocks shots...is only 20.

Eric Gordon is overrated, always will be.

DeAndre Jordan actually had a huge game, like 24 points, 13 rebs, 4 blocks I believe. But he's still raw and unskilled, the potential is there I guess.

Gallinari has been impressing
    and hasn't got to show off his best attribute.
    His ability to penetrate and attack the basket.

Danilo has all the skill and talent offensively and all the effort and dedication on defense. His rebound will forever be average because he's just not that much of a leaper...its just not one of his attribute like post defense.