Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 106

Thread: Danilo Gallinari vs Wilson Chandler

  1. #76
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    The fact that we are even having this discussion gives "Will the Thrill" the nod. Will was picked at the BOTTOM of the first round while "The ****" was a LOTTERY PICK. I don't care how many excuses you throw out for the ****: "oh he's REALLY only a rookie,"" ohhhhhh he's European(white),""oooohhh he's so much potential(??????)," the fact is Gallo is the lottery pick playing like a role player. "Will the Thrill" was drafted to a role player and is playing more like the higher pick.

  2. #77
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    The fact that we are even having this discussion gives "Will the Thrill" the nod. Will was picked at the BOTTOM of the first round while "The ****" was a LOTTERY PICK. I don't care how many excuses you throw out for the ****: "oh he's REALLY only a rookie,"" ohhhhhh he's European(white),""oooohhh he's so much potential(??????)," the fact is Gallo is the lottery pick playing like a role player. "Will the Thrill" was drafted to a role player and is playing more like the higher pick.
    Really? Will the Thrill: More than a Role Player?

    No thank you.

  3. #78
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    The fact that we are even having this discussion gives "Will the Thrill" the nod. Will was picked at the BOTTOM of the first round while "The ****" was a LOTTERY PICK. I don't care how many excuses you throw out for the ****: "oh he's REALLY only a rookie,"" ohhhhhh he's European(white),""oooohhh he's so much potential(??????)," the fact is Gallo is the lottery pick playing like a role player. "Will the Thrill" was drafted to a role player and is playing more like the higher pick.
    Excellent post. I agree. If Danilo Gallinari(the #6 overall pick of the 2008 draft) is being compared to the #21st overall pick of the draft(Wilson Chandler) then it is obvious that Gallinari didn't deserve to be drafted at #6.

    The excuses people make for Gallinari are hilarious, because I seldom hear anyone saying to give Chandler more time to develop. Whenever Chandler makes a mistake, most people jump on him. When Gallinari makes a mistake, everyone tries to cover up for him.
    Last edited by abcd; Mar 23, 2010 at 13:22.

  4. #79
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Really? Will the Thrill: More than a Role Player?

    No thank you.
    Really? "The ****" Gallinari: More than a Role Player?


    No thank you.

  5. #80
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Really? "The ****" Gallinari: More than a Role Player?


    No thank you.
    Where did i say that?

    Ive stated in several posts elswhere on this site that he isn't even a third option.

    So yeah you're right, no thank you to either one...but in the long run MAYBE a developed Gallo.

  6. #81
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Go Gallo Go

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Excellent post. I agree. If Danilo Gallinari(the #6 overall pick of the 2008 draft) is being compared to the #21st overall pick of the draft(Wilson Chandler) then it is obvious that Gallinari didn't deserve to be drafted at #6.

    The excuses people make for Gallinari are hilarious, because I seldom hear anyone saying to give Chandler more time to develop. Whenever Chandler makes a mistake, most people jump on him. When Gallinari makes a mistake, everyone tries to cover up for him.
    Thank you Gallo for winning the game.....ops am i being hilarious???

    sei l'orgoglio di noi italiani !

  7. #82
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,931
    Rep Power
    18

    Breaking News Fire Damntoni and keep Gallo

    Originally Posted by glikos
    Thank you Gallo for winning the game.....ops am i being hilarious???

    sei l'orgoglio di noi italiani !

    Slow down on the Knicks vs Nuggets game at MSG.
    Gallo 3rd quarter performance vs Melo was outstanding.....
    T-Mac playing the PG for the first 3 quarters was also outstanding....
    J.R Giddens hard hustle, Walkers defensive 6 fouls, Lee blocking Melo shot in the 4th, Harrington steady slashing to the hoop in the 2nd half, and rookie Toney Douglas commanding the PG in the 4th quarter lead to a Knicks WIN at MSG.

    What Gallo did in this one game Wilson Chandler does in everyone of his games (has Gallo been stealing Chandlers moves? HELL YEAH!).
    DNP Gallo for 5 games letting Wilson Chandler, Harrington, and Lee perform at 30 or more minutes in each game, and u will watch the "Jellin" improvement of this trio of players from game 1 to game 5.


    Headcoach Damntoni threw a "monkey wrench" into lastseason Jellin of "Lee, Harrington, and Chandler" by throwing a 33 minute Gallo into the mix this season. When that "trio" needed a 18 minute "Darko & Hill" 12 fouls in the paint more than it needed one minute of a "PROJECT" Gallo.
    In other words, the 3-fowards of Lee, Harrington, and Chandler lineup couldve been improved by adding two ledgit Guards (Nate & Hughes), or a Center (Darko or Hill) forcing Lee to PF, Harrington to SF, Chandler to SG, with a speedy Nate at PG or a halfcourt passer Duhon at PG.

    Why did headcoach Damntoni wait untill Nate & Hughes were traded to DNP Duhon???
    So far Sergio, House, Giddens, Walker, and T-Mac, dont add up to half of the performance we could have gotten from "Nate, Hughes, and Douglas" as our trio guard rotation if they were given a chance this season.

  8. #83
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I think last night's game can put this argument to rest. Chandler has never taken over a game like that and gone head-to-head with one of the games' best players.

    This is more of a reason to trade Chandler for a position we actually need (e.g. SG, PG, C). Since Chandler has been injured, and we have a PG who feeds Gallo the ball, he has played very well and has showed that he can be a strong piece in rebuilding this franchise into a championship contender.


    Keep Ballin'

    Those were Carmelo Anthony's words to Danilo Gallinari after the two met after the final buzzer of the Knicks' 109-104 win over the Nuggets Tuesday night at the Garden. 'Melo came away impressed with Gallo after the two went toe-to-toe for most of the second half, including a memorable stint in the third quarter when the two traded baskets and trash talk while a rowdy Garden crowd roared with delight.

    "It was kind of fun for me to see him hold his ground and not back down," Anthony said. "He was kind of talking back to me out there, too. I was kind of surprised."
    ... See More
    Gallinari seemed to thrive off the intensity. He had 17 of his 28 points in the quarter (against 12 by Melo, who finished with 36) and showed a great deal of emotion. After one three-point bomb, he looked into the crowd with wicked eyes and pounded his chest. Ah, the Americanization is almost complete.

    "It was great," Gallinari said. "That's the moment that you play basketball for. That was a great moment for me, as a player, and everybody. That was fun."

    It came after an extremely quiet first half by Gallinari, who a day earlier talked about how he looked forward to taking on the challege of defending star players such as Anthony. Barely two minutes into the game, Anthony hit his first two shots and Mike D'Antoni switched to a 3-2 matchup zone.

    Carmelo had 16 at the half and Gallinari, who missed his first five shots, had just 4 (1-for-7 FGs, 1-for-3 from downtown). A pair of free throws by Anthony 1:33 into the third gave Denver a six point lead (57-51). Then Toney Douglas nailed a three and Tracy McGrady hit a jumper. At 8:40, Gallinari hit a 22-footer to give the Knicks a 58-57 lead.

    The two sides traded leads and then Anthony hit two FTs with 6:14 to go to cut the Knicks lead to 65-64. Gallinari lost the ball out of bounds on the next possession and Carmelo drilled a 22-footer with 5:46 to go in the third to put Denver ahead.

    And then it began. Seven seconds later, Gallinari buried a three-pointer over Anthony. 68-66, Knicks.

    They head down the other end, bumping and growling at each other. Then Anthony hits from 21-feet over Gallinari 16 seconds later. 68-68.

    Twelve seconds went by when Gallinari drew a foul on Joey Graham while driving to the basket. He made both to make it a 70-68 lead for the Knicks.

    Eighteen seconds more and Anthony again drains a long-range jumper over Gallinari. Tied at 70. The talking continues. Enough to make the officials give them a warning to cut out the chatter.

    Gallinari was asked what was being said. "Slang," Gallinari replied.

    I asked if he used any Italian, or if Melo, who is Puerto Rican, dropped some Spanish on him.

    "No, it was slang English," Gallo replied with a grin. "I was talking slang, too."

    A dunk by Graham and a layup by Douglas snap the string of points exclusive to the Gallo-Melo matchup at that point. But then Anthony hit another mid-range jumper with 3:07 left to give Denver a 74-72 lead. That was answered 44 seconds later with Gallinari's third three-pointer of the quarter to give the Knicks a 75-74 lead.

    Another three-point bomb came with 1:34 left as part of an 11-0 run to end the quarter.

    "That right there," said Tracy McGrady, who played the entire quarter, "was great basketball to watch."

    Carmelo seemed to think so. Despite the loss, he praised his 21-year-old adversary with some words of encouragement as the game ended.

    "I told him I was watching him from afar," Carmelo said. "I love what he's doing; just keep working. He's gotten a lot better from when he first came in. A lot of people turned their heads on him, but he's turned it on big time."

    This is true: It was Gallinari's third straight 20-plus point performance and fouth in the last five games. But one concern is that as quickly as he caught fire, Gallinari went suddenly cold again. In the fourth quarter, he missed four of his five FGAs, including all four looks from three-point range. His one bucket was a tricky reverse layup (and one) with 5:25 left to give the Knicks an 8-point cushion. And he did go 5-for-5 from the line, including four FTMs in the final 1:46, with the clinching pair snapping the net with 18.1 ticks left on the clickety.

    But it was somewhat concerning that at crunch time, just over a minute to go and up 105-104, Gallinari had the ball in his hands and didn't even look at the rim. He gave it up to Al Harrington, who turned it over with 1:01 left in the game.

    D'Antoni isn't as much concerned about Gallo passing up shots as he is in Gallo staying locked in every game, every possession, like he was in that third quarter. As we saw in the first half, and several times throughout this season, he has a tendency to disappear.

    It's great that Gallinari gets up for the challenges of taking on the Carmelos and the LeBrons, etc., but Gallinari needs to make every game his own personal challenge to be the best player on the court.

    "If he wants to go to that next level," D'Antoni said, "then the game's got to be the challenge."

    * * *

    * - Along with Gallinari, Toney Douglas had a strong second half, as well, after he was manhandled by Billups through most of the first half, which resulted in early foul trouble. Douglas had all 7 of his assists in that 34-point third quarter for the Knicks and also nailed a big pull-up jumper with 27.8 seconds left to give the Knicks a 107-104 lead. He had 9 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter.

    * - Have to recognize Al Harrington (23 points of the bench) who made 8 of 14 from the floor and grabbed 9 rebounds and really gave a physical effort defensively.

    * - David Lee had 12 points and 16 rebounds and started racking up the fouls in the second half. He appeared to have fouled out with 3:30 left when referee Bill Spooner called him for an offensive charge on J.R. Smith. Lee immediately pleaded his case and reminded Spooner that it would be his sixth foul. Spooner shooed Lee away and conferred with referee Brian Forte and then changed the call from an offensive charge to a blocking foul on Smith. Lee's free throws make it a 101-96 lead. No question a critical moment in the game for the Nuggets.

    * - I continue to be amazed by the atmosphere at the Garden, despite the fact that the home team is in its ninth straight losing season and playing out the schedule. This game was the eighth sellout in the last 10 home games and 23rd of the season, which ties last year's total. These people were genuinely into the game and the place was rocking in the fourth quarter as if a playoff berth was on the line.

    Though I'd be later mocked for it -- "The crowd," one veteran scribe so disdainfully condescended, "is not an angle." -- I was curious to hear what D'Antoni (embattled for much of this season) thought of all this.

    "That's why it's New York," he said. "It's the best. Every game is, we talked about it before, every game is a show."

    McGrady said he is surprised with the crowds this team continues to attract despite the awful record this season (and for most of the previous decade), but he says there's no need for the Knicks to even promote this aspect to prospective free agents this summer. Why not?

    "The guys . . . look forward to coming to MSG," he said. "Every great player that plays in this league, this is the one place that they really get their rest and they look forward to playing in front of these fans. So they know. It's there every night. They know."

    What they don't know is what it would be like if a superstar owned the stage every night. Billups, for one, sounded intrigued.

    "It would be cool," he said, "to come into this place and see No. 6 out there."

    No. 6, of course, is a reference to the jersey number LeBron James plans to wear next season, wherever he ends up.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Mar 24, 2010 at 10:57.

  9. #84
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Slow down on the Knicks vs Nuggets game at MSG.
    Gallo 3rd quarter performance vs Melo was outstanding.....
    T-Mac playing the PG for the first 3 quarters was also outstanding....
    J.R Giddens hard hustle, Walkers defensive 6 fouls, Lee blocking Melo shot in the 4th, Harrington steady slashing to the hoop in the 2nd half, and rookie Toney Douglas commanding the PG in the 4th quarter lead to a Knicks WIN at MSG.

    What Gallo did in this one game Wilson Chandler does in everyone of his games (has Gallo been stealing Chandlers moves? HELL YEAH!).
    DNP Gallo for 5 games letting Wilson Chandler, Harrington, and Lee perform at 30 or more minutes in each game, and u will watch the "Jellin" improvement of this trio of players from game 1 to game 5.


    Headcoach Damntoni threw a "monkey wrench" into lastseason Jellin of "Lee, Harrington, and Chandler" by throwing a 33 minute Gallo into the mix this season. When that "trio" needed a 18 minute "Darko & Hill" 12 fouls in the paint more than it needed one minute of a "PROJECT" Gallo.
    In other words, the 3-fowards of Lee, Harrington, and Chandler lineup couldve been improved by adding two ledgit Guards (Nate & Hughes), or a Center (Darko or Hill) forcing Lee to PF, Harrington to SF, Chandler to SG, with a speedy Nate at PG or a halfcourt passer Duhon at PG.

    Why did headcoach Damntoni wait untill Nate & Hughes were traded to DNP Duhon???
    So far Sergio, House, Giddens, Walker, and T-Mac, dont add up to half of the performance we could have gotten from "Nate, Hughes, and Douglas" as our trio guard rotation if they were given a chance this season.
    This completely deters from the point of this thread.

    Talk about making excuses for Gallo...STEALING CHANDLER'S MOVES????

    That's way weak.

    You're telling me Chandler would be aggressively going right at one of the game's elite and put the team on his back? I don't think he stole that one from Chandler.

    On a bad shooting night from 3, Gallo STILL managed to shoot 38% (well over Chandler's 3pt. %) and knock down 5 key three pointers.

    This doesn't change Gallo's role as far as this year, but I think we saw what we needed from Gallo tonight. He showed us that he has the potential to take over a game.

    Although it was only one game, I think all Knick fans should be excited about the possibility of Gallo being a key player moving forward.

  10. #85
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Chandler & Gallo: They are both good.

    When the glass is half "full," it is also half "empty." Both Gallo and Chandler are good young players each of whom has room for, and the potential for, further positive development. Gallo will never have Chandler's athleticism, and Chandler will never be almost 6'11." Chandler is fully developed physically, Gallo can get a lot stronger. It would be nice if Gallo had Chandler's athleticism and if Chandler had Gallo's perimeter shooting ability.

    Both the criticism and praise of each of them, particularly of Gallo, is expressed with too much hyperbole. The critics see the glass half "empty" and suggest it is totally "empty." The other side look at a glass that is half "full" and suggest that it will soon be overflowing. Both sides have some really good points. I like both players. Whether the glasses are half full or half empty, they are big glasses.

    Last night's 3rd quarter was great entertainment, but lets not forget that Gallo was only 7 for 19. He works real hard on defense with good fundamentals, but he gets beaten often as the result of his relative lack of athleticism.

    On another note, I think Harrington and Lee have been playing very well of late. Last night, particularly, Lee looked good on defense. I am beginning to think that perhaps Lee's defense has been poor only because of a lack of aggressiveness. He is forced to guard much bigger players. If he gets aggressive defensively, he is likely to get into foul trouble very quickly. If we were to get a real center and Lee become a power forward, we would likely see a better defensive effort.

  11. #86
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,931
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    This completely deters from the point of this thread.

    Talk about making excuses for Gallo...STEALING CHANDLER'S MOVES????

    That's way weak.

    You're telling me Chandler would be aggressively going right at one of the game's elite and put the team on his back? I don't think he stole that one from Chandler.

    On a bad shooting night from 3, Gallo STILL managed to shoot 38% (well over Chandler's 3pt. %) and knock down 5 key three pointers.

    This doesn't change Gallo's role as far as this year, but I think we saw what we needed from Gallo tonight. He showed us that he has the potential to take over a game.

    Although it was only one game, I think all Knick fans should be excited about the possibility of Gallo being a key player moving forward.
    6.8 Wilson Chandler did a number on KG, Bosh, Iggy, Josh, Henderson, and Duncan in every game they played in the 2008-9 season.
    This season Chandler took the back seat to a 32 minute 6.10 Gallo, having his name appear all season in so many trade rumors as the throw in player with Jefferies or Curry (for the Knicks 2010 Plan).

  12. #87
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,931
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    When the glass is half "full," it is also half "empty." Both Gallo and Chandler are good young players each of whom has room for, and the potential for, further positive development. Gallo will never have Chandler's athleticism, and Chandler will never be almost 6'11." Chandler is fully developed physically, Gallo can get a lot stronger. It would be nice if Gallo had Chandler's athleticism and if Chandler had Gallo's perimeter shooting ability.

    Both the criticism and praise of each of them, particularly of Gallo, is expressed with too much hyperbole. The critics see the glass half "empty" and suggest it is totally "empty." The other side look at a glass that is half "full" and suggest that it will soon be overflowing. Both sides have some really good points. I like both players. Whether the glasses are half full or half empty, they are big glasses.

    Last night's 3rd quarter was great entertainment, but lets not forget that Gallo was only 7 for 19. He works real hard on defense with good fundamentals, but he gets beaten often as the result of his relative lack of athleticism.

    On another note, I think Harrington and Lee have been playing very well of late. Last night, particularly, Lee looked good on defense. I am beginning to think that perhaps Lee's defense has been poor only because of a lack of aggressiveness. He is forced to guard much bigger players. If he gets aggressive defensively, he is likely to get into foul trouble very quickly. If we were to get a real center and Lee become a power forward, we would likely see a better defensive effort.
    Greatly put....I agree 100%

  13. #88
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    whoa i jsut saw the highlights....and i must say the Nuggets didn't even try to guard Gallo...also it seemed like Melo raped him.......

  14. #89
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    whoa i jsut saw the highlights....and i must say the Nuggets didn't even try to guard Gallo...also it seemed like Melo raped him.......
    Who won? Case closed.

  15. #90
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    6.8 Wilson Chandler did a number on KG, Bosh, Iggy, Josh, Henderson, and Duncan in every game they played in the 2008-9 season.
    This season Chandler took the back seat to a 32 minute 6.10 Gallo, having his name appear all season in so many trade rumors as the throw in player with Jefferies or Curry (for the Knicks 2010 Plan).
    What does this post even mean? Sounds like a bunch of excuses in an attempt to circumvent the game Gallo had last night. Your excuses weren't even valid considering you just went to Will's 08-09 game log, found his best games, and stated the best player on the opposing team. Will wasnt even guarding half of those players (Duncan? Bosh?)

    Most people on this thread are stubborn Gallo haters. We all know his flaws but discrediting the kind of game he had last night is wrong. Most Pro-Gallo posters atleast ackowledge that both are good...most seem to be pretty stubbon to admit that Gallo even has a good skill set.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Big **** Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2010, 14:55
  2. Wilson Chandler Thread
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: Nov 01, 2010, 11:07
  3. Wilson Chandler vs Luol Deng
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Dec 01, 2008, 16:27
  4. Danilo Gallinari Update...
    By richtree in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Nov 14, 2008, 16:58
  5. So why isnt Wilson Chandler playing in the D League?
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 21:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •