Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Danilo Gallinari vs Wilson Chandler

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    6.8 Wilson Chandler did a number on KG, Bosh, Iggy, Josh, Henderson, and Duncan in every game they played in the 2008-9 season.
    This season Chandler took the back seat to a 32 minute 6.10 Gallo, having his name appear all season in so many trade rumors as the throw in player with Jefferies or Curry (for the Knicks 2010 Plan).
    Who the **** is Henderson? Lol

Veteran

Like Oldtimer pointed out Gallo shot 7-19 from the floor last night. That's a sterling 37% from the field. He "took the challange" and held Melo to 36 points. Some defensive stopper. To steal a phrase from Metrosexual:"He's a chucker." That's my point. We already had a guy that could do that more constently in Jamal Crawford. Now Jamal will probably win 6th Man of the Year award this year averaging 20 off the bench for a playoff team while we burned a lottery pick on a similar player that's less atheletic. Smart. There are reasons why the Knicks are no where near .500 or even the 8th playoff spot. We don't identify talent on our roster and waste draft picks. I'm sure you "****lovers" will get your wish and "Will the Thrill" will be traded to go on florish somewhere else while we get stuck with the lesser player in Gallo. This team will continue to suck year after year until somebody uptop sees the error of our ways.

i liked what i saw from gallo against the nuggets.
    his performance was outstanding and his duel with melo was great. i can say i got excited with all the emotions and trash talking.

comments like gallinari is stealing chandlers moves are ridiculous. they are teammates and they all learn things from each other.

a bravo to gallinari,
    and remember he is only 20 yrs old.
    i think he has what the knicks roster didnt have the past few yrs. fighting spirit. and although it is still early to say something big for gallo. i think we can safely say that he has potential

Superstar

Default Gallo's Age etc.

First, lets get Gallo's age right. He was born on August 8, 1988 (8-8-88, thus his number "8"). He is now 21. He will be 22 on August 8, 2010.

Second, lets not get too upset about Gallo's shooting percentage, His real problem is getting shots off, not shooting, at least when you consider his "effective' shooting percentage.

Gallo has taken 759 shots, 417 of which were 3's and and 342 of which were 2's. He made 323 shots. He hit on 162 3's and 161 2's. His shooting % on 3's alone is 38.84 %. Not bad, but it should be better. His shooting % on 2's is 47.07%. It should be better.

However, his effectiveness for each shot taken is not bad. Gallo produced 808 points on 759 shots, His "effective" percentage based on points produced for total shots taken is about 52.2%. This is measured by assuming that each shot taken is worth two points and then measuring the points actually produced against that assumed 2 point shot total. Chandler produced 864 points on 860 shots for an "effective" percentage of 50.2%.

Melo has an effective percentage of less than 50%, but Melo is a star because he can get those shots off against anybody at any time. Chandler is better than Gallo at getting his shot off. However, Gallo seems to be improving and he is getting to the foul line.

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    First, lets get Gallo's age right. He was born on August 8, 1988 (8-8-88, thus his number "8"). He is now 21. He will be 22 on August 8, 2010.
    thats not really my point, even if he is 21 or 22, this is his first full season in the nba. its practically his rookie year. so i am telling that there is room for improvement.

every week we see something new in gallinari's game. first it was his great shooting ability. Dantoni said he is the best shooter he has ever seen. thats very important to be said from a guy that has worked with steve nash. then we started to see some of his low post game. recently we have been seeing him drawing a lot of fouls. against the nuggets he showed great spirit. weve seen will, some good defense.

i am not saying that gallo is better than chandler- but i am saying that i think we know what chandler can do, whereas there is probably more to see in Gallo

by the way, i believe that chandler and gallo are totally different players-and there isnt much to compare- i think it has more to do on what type of player you want.. about their value, i dont really know who is better at the moment

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Like Oldtimer pointed out Gallo shot 7-19 from the floor last night. That's a sterling 37% from the field. He "took the challange" and held Melo to 36 points. Some defensive stopper. To steal a phrase from Metrosexual:"He's a chucker." That's my point. We already had a guy that could do that more constently in Jamal Crawford. Now Jamal will probably win 6th Man of the Year award this year averaging 20 off the bench for a playoff team while we burned a lottery pick on a similar player that's less atheletic. Smart. There are reasons why the Knicks are no where near .500 or even the 8th playoff spot. We don't identify talent on our roster and waste draft picks. I'm sure you "****lovers" will get your wish and "Will the Thrill" will be traded to go on florish somewhere else while we get stuck with the lesser player in Gallo. This team will continue to suck year after year until somebody uptop sees the error of our ways.
    The Crawford point is moot. The only reason he was traded was for the 2010 plan. Good player or not we had to rid his contract for the plan.

Personally I prefer Chandler over Gallo this season but you can't really judge harshly on the Zach/Crawford/Jefferies trades until we see what happens in July. If that all turns to **** then by all means diss those trades, until then no one knows how effective those trades have been for the future of the franchise.

Originally Posted by smokes
    The Crawford point is moot. The only reason he was traded was for the 2010 plan. Good player or not we had to rid his contract for the plan.

Personally I prefer Chandler over Gallo this season but you can't really judge harshly on the Zach/Crawford/Jefferies trades until we see what happens in July. If that all turns to **** then by all means diss those trades, until then no one knows how effective those trades have been for the future of the franchise.
    Yeah agreed. Gallo and Chandler are pretty much even at this point in their careers. Both have showed flashes of potential. We'll see how those trades pan out after July 1st.

Superstar

Dont' agree.....Dirk is slow but Gallinari looks slow compared to Dirk. I was really high on Gallo at one point but he needs better athleticism...which is something that can't really be improved.

Wilson Chandler is a Stephen Jackson level Player. He's not bad. Not great, but not bad.

Edit...what i like about Chandler if the Salary Cap is here to stay, is that we know Captain Jack's value....A Role Player 3rd option. 7 mil. With Gallinari you will have to pay him like a 1st or 2nd option and he may never get there....

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

When I get a chance, I'm going to shut down this thread, classic metrocard style. Everyone pro Chandler will be embarassed.

Superstar

It's big risk big reward with Gallo....just like we tried with Curry. I guess we have to see what they do next year with better talent.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Curry is unproven at the professional level when we took him and we forced him to be the man, which led to a lot of losses.

We're not forcing anything on Gallo, and he's been proven at the professional level.

Chandler = STEPHEN JACKSON? LOL, CHANDLER has handles passing abilities and a jumpshot now? Comical.

Im not going to go deep onto this yet.
    I have work now, school, date, party today....busy day friday, and even more busy day saturday. I'll be back here Sunday....you guys better be ducking.

Veteran

Why at the end of the day you have to be a Metro-fan lol....this should be good, real good.

Nyk Logo Fan from Italy

Hi Guys, i'm new here....i write from Italy and i'm a huge fan of Knicks from the Pat Ewing era....
    my favourite NBA team : Knicks
    favourite NBA player : T-MAC
    favourite Italian player: Gallo
    favourite player when i started to play basketball (1979) in Italy : Mike D'Antoni

Let's say that all the things started to match from trade deadline !!
    Go Knicks !!

Nyk Logo

I just popped in at this threat to post my opinion....
    Gallo and Wilson can play toghether and no one is better than the other, simply they are two different type of players.

I think that in the 2011 Knick there will be minutes for both of them, even if we land LBJ or who else....
    i also hope T-MAC will accept his role player model and be a part of the playoff/finals run of next year !!!
    and maybe D.Lee stays with us too....

GO KNICKS !!

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    When I get a chance, I'm going to shut down this thread, classic metrocard style. Everyone pro Chandler will be embarassed.
    Ohhhh boyyyyy, just can't wait for that!!!!!!!