Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Words Of Wisdom

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    And now for my favorite boxer...

I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children.
    Mike Tyson
    LOL. This quote was very inspiring but the one where he's cursing at the reporters while standing next to his crew and zab judah was more classier.

Keep an open mind, and do not be naive to what goes on around you because
    it may end up affecting you eventually in one form or another.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

nice one akamu i like that one, makes alot of sense...

"what goes around comes around"

"everything happens for a reason"

"patience is the key to success"
    - don't rush into things like jobs, careers and what not, just wait for the right opportunity to present itself and jump on it, you'll know when the right opportunity is upon you.

Always work as hard as you can for the goals you want to achieve. Remember that there's always someone out there more hungrier and determined than you, so you should work 10 times harder to get where you wanna get. Push it to the limit.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

thats a good one Sly classic hear it all the time.

Knicks4lyfe, here's my question...

Is someone's destiny already known by GOD? (Does HE know what everyone is destined to become?)

Now, I have asked this question to many people. (people that are very religious, a priest, somewhat religious, etc.) And I have come to a conclusion, but I would like to hear another opinion on it.

Veteran

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Knicks4lyfe, here's my question...

Is someone's destiny already known by GOD? (Does HE know what everyone is destined to become?)

Now, I have asked this question to many people. (people that are very religious, a priest, somewhat religious, etc.) And I have come to a conclusion, but I would like to hear another opinion on it.

It depends on the person, and situation really. God has the ability of complete foresight. But the bible indicates that he either chooses to use that sparingly, or if he uses it often, he does not always disclose he does. For instance, concerning Lucifer, who had now just became Satan, the first prophecy says at Gen 3: 15

And I shall put enmity between you(Satan) and the woman(God's heavenly organization, or Kingdom) and between your seed and her seed(The seed of the woman being Jesus, or Messiah, God's chosen King of his Kingdom). He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.”

This prophecy was once known as the sacred secret to the Israelites. But once Jesus became the Messiah, it was all clear what it meant. Basically, the prophecy comes down to Satan Bruising Jesus in the heel. That happened when Satan was allowed to Kill Jesus unjustly, since he committed no error before God. It is viewed that way because God resurrected Jesus back to heavenly life to assume position as the promised seed of the Kingdom. Hence, it was like a bruise on the back of your foot, which is temporary. However, Satan's will be a death blow, since a serious head injury usually amounts to such. The Bible says that God's Kingdom will crush all Kingdoms on earth, which are under Satan's rule, and only it shall remain. And eventually, after the Kingdom's work has been done, Satan will be destroyed forever. That part has yet to happen. But the foregoing has.

That shows that God can Choose to see an outcome. He allowed Satan to test Job under tough circimstances, but the Bible does not say that God knew for sure whether Job would prove faithful to God, or disobey him. (Job1:6-12, 2:2-7) This is more of what we deal with regularly. Having our faith tested. Everyone goes through it, even Jesus, the perfect man (Luke 4:3-13)

Even though Jesus was promised seed, and God foresaw that he would bruise Satan in the head eventually, it was still on Jesus to live it out. That was even more pressure on him because God's vision saw that he would, but it did not show what he would have to go through to do so. If Satan would have thought that man has a destiny, he would have never even wasted his time tempting Jesus at all. Because as far as God was concerned, Satan was already dead in the vision. So the fact that Satan attacked Jesus so viciously, shows that even he knows that there is no such thing as a destiny in the sense that God dooms certain individuals before they have a chance to prove worthy. Jesus Could have failed!

Here's another example concerning you and I. Staring us both right in the face. Now keep in mind the example of Job, and how Satan struck him with many maladies, to take his faith away from God. That should tell you what his goal is for all men, if he did it to Job. Jesus told his disciples that there are two gates concerning life or death. A broad and spacious, leading off into destruction and many are finding it, and a narrow and cramped gate, leading off into life, few are finding it (math 7:13, 14).

In Mathew 24:21 Jesus says: for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

The chosen flesh here, are the ones who have chosen the narrow gate. Why only those who choose the narrow gate? Because it's not easy to serve God in Satan's world. Look at Job and Jesus as examples. Satan does not play fair lol. So Jesus was right when he said the gate to life will be narrow and cramped, because it will be a lot easier to do Satans will, than God's. Hence, broad and spacious is the road to destruction. If you have a choice, then the destiny is in your hands.

Which is why Revelation 7 says this:
    9 After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. 10 And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”
    Rev 7:14 tells us who these people are, and why they cry out in such a way. “These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

So that Great Tribulation Jesus was speaking of? The part where he said it had to be cut short for the sake of the chosen ones? That great crowd of people, all nations (nationalities) and tongues, refers to them. Notice how it says Great crowd instead of say, 7 million, or a definite # of people. This indicates that it is up to the individual to choose whether they will be part of the ones who are chosen by God (narrow gate) or condemned by God (broad and spacious)

So that indicates that really, the destiny part is ours to choose. God wants all to be saved. If that is true, then him choosing our destiny for us means he contradicts himself.

Hope that helps.

Exactly what my conclusion was, that people make their own destiny. But when I was younger I did think that GOD knew all our futures because of Him being the all-powerful and all-knowing.

So this is what I understood from your post:

- GOD wants us all to be saved and do good in this world.

- It is easier to do evil than to do good. You gave examples of the two gates: spacious=evil and cramped=good.

The spacious is easier to get into because it doesn't take much effort to enter, just like doing bad and negative things in life. And the cramped is harder to get into because it takes much effort, just like doing positive things.

-and on the whole destiny subject, GOD gives you that opportunity to go from doing negative things in life, to changing your demeanor and become a more positive person so that you can be saved. Kind of like a father figure who wants his children to learn from their mistakes.

So, every person is given the same opportunity to enter heaven, but it is up to the individual to chose the right direction and ultimately choose his/her own destiny.

Knicks4lyfe, thanks for the time and effort you put into your post. I'm hoping that many people that read these posts can learn something new so that they can better themselves.

Veteran

Exactly what my conclusion was, that people make their own destiny. But when I was younger I did think that GOD knew all our futures because of Him being the all-powerful and all-knowing.

- It is easier to do evil than to do good. You gave examples of the two gates: spacious=evil and cramped=good.

The spacious is easier to get into because it doesn't take much effort to enter, just like doing bad and negative things in life. And the cramped is harder to get into because it takes much effort, just like doing positive things.

-and on the whole destiny subject, GOD gives you that opportunity to go from doing negative things in life, to changing your demeanor and become a more positive person so that you can be saved. Kind of like a father figure who wants his children to learn from their mistakes.

So, every person is given the same opportunity to enter heaven, but it is up to the individual to chose the right direction and ultimately choose his/her own destiny.

Knicks4lyfe, thanks for the time and effort you put into your post. I'm hoping that many people that read these posts can learn something new so that they can better themselves.
    Exactly. God can know exactly what we will do at any given time, but it does not mean he chooses to do so.

And you're pretty spot on, except the everyone going to heaven part. The bible explains that only a select amount of people will actually live as humans first, and then go to heaven and rule with Jesus. The others, those who survive the great tribulation, and those resurrected to life after, will all live as humans.

If you like, I can show you the verses to explain this, either here, or privately through email or something.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Exactly. God can know exactly what we will do at any given time, but it does not mean he chooses to do so.

And you're pretty spot on, except the everyone going to heaven part. The bible explains that only a select amount of people will actually live as humans first, and then go to heaven and rule with Jesus. The others, those who survive the great tribulation, and those resurrected to life after, will all live as humans.

If you like, I can show you the verses to explain this, either here, or privately through email or something.
    That won't be necessary. Thanks, though.

We have an audience in K.O. that hopefully is taking in the knowledge that everyone provides. Whatever race, religion, age you may be, we can all learn from each other.

Knicks4lyfe, I do have one more topic that you and everyone on the board can contribute to.

Veteran

Just lemme know.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Just lemme know.
    OK, HERE IT GOES...

I want everyone's opinion on this because there are many views that people can bring. Everyone's opinions are welcomed. Look at this topic as something that can motivate you to become greater.

A small percentage of people reach goals that are hard to fathom. But what about the rest? Why do people settle with what they got and not try to push it to the limit? Why live a mediocre life? When you can do so much in this world, yet people stop once they get to middle-class level? And I'm not just talking about helping oneself. I'm talking about helping others as well. Why not make that extra buck to help out that kid dying from cancer? Or that family who lost their home in that hurricane? Or what about children in third world countries who don't have ****?

Don't fall for it SLY. I urge you to study the world and the universe. The more knowledge you gain of the major sciences (astronomy, genetics, biology, physics and archeology) the more you realize there is no God. Or atleast one that listens to your thoughts and cares how you live your life.

I am not the devil, nor am I influenced by the devil. I am a good person without God. There is not a massive worldwide conspiracy of scientists trying to make religion look false. The invisible evil angel did not trick scientists and make them misunderstand the mountains of data that contradict religion. The data speaks for itself.

Educate yourself. Plain and simple.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Don't fall for it SLY. I urge you to study the world and the universe. The more knowledge you gain of the major sciences (astronomy, genetics, biology, physics and archeology) the more you realize there is no God. Or atleast one that listens to your thoughts and cares how you live your life.

I am not the devil, nor am I influenced by the devil. I am a good person without God. There is not a massive worldwide conspiracy of scientists trying to make religion look false. The invisible evil angel did not trick scientists and make them misunderstand the mountains of data that contradict religion. The data speaks for itself.

Educate yourself. Plain and simple.
    LJ, right now, my mentality is at a level where it can't be influenced by anyone. The only thing I seek is knowledge. Knowledge so that I can make my own conclusions on different topics. Wether I receive knowledge from a Jehovahs witness or an atheist from Colorado, it does not matter. I'm not trying to dissect every corner of lifes theories, just the ones that I find important. That make up who I am.

I do not want there to be a discussion about religion. But more of how each persons views can help answer the question that I posted before.

OK, HERE IT GOES...

I want everyone's opinion on this because there are many views that people can bring. Everyone's opinions are welcomed. Look at this topic as something that can motivate you to become greater.

A small percentage of people reach goals that are hard to fathom. But what about the rest? Why do people settle with what they got and not try to push it to the limit? Why live a mediocre life? When you can do so much in this world, yet people stop once they get to middle-class level? And I'm not just talking about helping oneself. I'm talking about helping others as well. Why not make that extra buck to help out that kid dying from cancer? Or that family who lost their home in that hurricane? Or what about children in third world countries who don't have ****?
    I respect your views as well, Lj4ptplay. So help me out with this question.