Words Of Wisdom

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Alright, so I was thinking about posting a positive thread that everyone can contribute to. Then I remembered someone mentioning how many people out there check out this website. People from different age ranges that read what we write and are somewhat influenced. And that's how this thread came about...

We all go through many situations during our lifetime that make us who we are. That make us stronger, wiser and ready for future obstacles that we may encounter. But most of the time we are not as prepared as we would like to be. In our minds we say "Damn! I wish I had known before..." So we search for knowledge where we can find it.

Now I know K.O. is filled with many types of intellectuals who express themselves to the fullest. So let me hear some of your "WORDS OF WISDOM".

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
my favorite line that i go by everyday

"Only God Can Judge Me"- Tupac, and no not the song, he would always say in his interviews, "no one has the right to judge me except god"

and

"Never make a promise you know you can't keep/fulfill" heard that from my teachers and my father, say yes only when you know you gonna come through, if you doubt the promise even for a second then just say no

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
my favorite line that i go by everyday

"Only God Can Judge Me"- Tupac, and no not the song, he would always say in his interviews, "no one has the right to judge me except god"

and

"Never make a promise you know you can't keep/fulfill" heard that from my teachers and my father, say yes only when you know you gonna come through, if you doubt the promise even for a second then just say no

Good ones, Prince. Yea, the second one I also have heard from teachers. It makes up who you are because if you can't keep promises then you can't be trusted for much.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It was Carl Sagan's idea to turn Voyager's camera back toward the planet that launched the spacecraft in order to reveal to that planet's inhabitants their "true circumstance and condition." After much resistance, Dr. Sagan prevailed, and on February 14, 1990, from a distance of 6.4 billion kilometers, Voyager 1 captured this image of our Earth. Here the entire world fills only 0.12 pixel and appears as a tiny crescent of light. The apparent rays of light are not sunbeams, but scattering off the camera's optics, a result of pointing it so close to the Sun. Now one of the most famous images ever taken from space, this humbling perspective of our beloved home is a part of Dr. Sagan's invaluable legacy.

PaleBlueDot.jpg

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
One thing that I have learned, specially these last couple of years, is that we should appreciate the things we have. People in general take things for granted. Things like: the good situations we are in, people we care about, and being able to have good health. There are many people out there living in worser places than you are, people that have lost family members, and also people that can't walk or live a normal life because of health reasons. Just understand how lucky you are to have those things that others wish they had.

Be proud of where you're from. Tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. And also maximize the attributes that you have, that others wish they could have. Don't take it for granted.

One thing that I have learned, specially these last couple of years, is that we should appreciate the things we have. People in general take things for granted. Things like: the good situations we are in, people we care about, and being able to have good health. There are many people out there living in worser places than you are, people that have lost family members, and also people that can't walk or live a normal life because of health reasons. Just understand how lucky you are to have those things that others wish they had.

Be proud of where you're from. Tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. And also maximize the attributes that you have, that others wish they could have. Don't take it for granted.

^^^Co-sigh 110%

"Live every day as it were your last"

TunerAddict

Starter
?In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.?
--Charles de Gaulle

?Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right.?
--H.L. Mencken

?Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.?
--Red Auerbach

"The way to win an atomic war is to make certain it never starts."
- General Omar N. Bradley

"A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future. "
Leonard Bernstein

The secret of getting things done is to act!
Dante Alighieri

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
Isaac Asimov

Religion is essentially the art and the theory of the remaking of man. Man is not a finished creation.
Edmund Burke

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
Galileo Galilei

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.
Frederick Douglass

Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.
Bill Gates

The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad.
Friedrich Nietzsche

God made everything out of nothing, but the nothingness shows through.
Paul Valery

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them.
Karl Marx

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
Thomas Paine

That government is best which governs least.
Thomas Paine

You don't pay taxes - they take taxes.
Chris Rock

After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil.
Niccolo Machiavelli

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
Karl Marx

Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand.
Karl Marx

Religion is the opium of the masses.
Karl Marx

And the best one of all.......

:alert:

Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.
Karl Marx

_GA_googleAdEngine.createDOMIframe('google_ads_div_BQ_quotes_squaretop_300x250' ,'BQ_quotes_squaretop_300x250')

TunerAddict

Starter
And now for my favorite boxer...

I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children.
Mike Tyson

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
And now for my favorite boxer...

I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children.
Mike Tyson

LOL. This quote was very inspiring but the one where he's cursing at the reporters while standing next to his crew and zab judah was more classier.

Akamu

The King
Keep an open mind, and do not be naive to what goes on around you because
it may end up affecting you eventually in one form or another.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice one akamu i like that one, makes alot of sense...

"what goes around comes around"

"everything happens for a reason"

"patience is the key to success"
- don't rush into things like jobs, careers and what not, just wait for the right opportunity to present itself and jump on it, you'll know when the right opportunity is upon you.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Always work as hard as you can for the goals you want to achieve. Remember that there's always someone out there more hungrier and determined than you, so you should work 10 times harder to get where you wanna get. Push it to the limit.