Class of 2011

dre48ny

Rotation player
So what if we do end up signing David Lee, can't get rid of Curry's contract, or Jefferies. We would only be able to sign one big player (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, STAT, Johnson, etc.) That's if they opt out. If they don't opt out, then they will be free agents in 2011.

But the good news is that we would be able to sign one more big name in 2011, when they come off the books!

Here are some players:

Tony Parker
Kobe Bryant
David West (Hornets)
Yao Ming
Al Horford
Paul Pierce (although he might be too old by then)
Dirk Nowitzki
Tayshaun Prince
Carmelo anthony
Brandon Roy (unless he signed a crazy extension)
Kevin Durant (unless he signed an extension not reported)

What do you think?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Definitely. We don't really have to sign every superstar available in 2010. See how our young guys (Will+Cock) develop and then see what pieces we need in 2011 for our championship puzzle.

Carmelo would look nice in a knicks jersey though...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
bring Carmelo back to NY....he's real good and has steadily improved every year i think a better option would be to sign Wade or Johnson(if Wade is off the table by then) and wait till 2011 and sign Al Horford dude is a monster already and by 2011 he'll be a beast

or we could do Amare in 2010 and Melo in 2011

al though i prefer Wade in 2010 and Horford in 2011

Class of "09" ?

Anyone interested in bringing Rasheed Wallace to NY next year? He's a good post defender, can score in the post and he also likes the 3 ball. We could probably get him at a reasonable price and he fits a need of ours (inside defense/post scoring) and fits in great with Coach D's offensive gameplan (3's,3's,3's) Thaughts?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Class of "09" ?

Anyone interested in bringing Rasheed Wallace to NY next year? He's a good post defender, can score in the post and he also likes the 3 ball. We could probably get him at a reasonable price and he fits a need of ours (inside defense/post scoring) and fits in great with Coach D's offensive gameplan (3's,3's,3's) Thaughts?

He would be good for our style of play. The thing is that he is 34 (will be 35 next sept) and that he's gonna be asking for david lee type money (10 mil +)

dre48ny

Rotation player
Yeah Melo would be off da chain. This is why I'm not stressed if 2010 does not deliver us 2 guys, cause 2011's class is pretty deep.

Imagine pairing up Melo with Tony Parker or something. The trick is for the Knicks to keep the pieces we need like Cock, Chandler, and if they decide to sign Lee and then surround them with top 10 talent. Remember we still have draft picks. Maybe there is a future PG awaiting for us in the draft. If not, I say we get a Nash or Parker.

Paul1355

All Star
So what if we do end up signing David Lee, can't get rid of Curry's contract, or Jefferies. We would only be able to sign one big player (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, STAT, Johnson, etc.) That's if they opt out. If they don't opt out, then they will be free agents in 2011.

But the good news is that we would be able to sign one more big name in 2011, when they come off the books!

Here are some players:

Tony Parker
Kobe Bryant
David West (Hornets)
Yao Ming
Al Horford
Paul Pierce (although he might be too old by then)
Dirk Nowitzki
Tayshaun Prince
Carmelo anthony
Brandon Roy (unless he signed a crazy extension)
Kevin Durant (unless he signed an extension not reported)

What do you think?

You have to think that alot fo these guys will be old by the time 2011 rolls around....leave Dirk were he is...Pierce can stay in Boston by then....Tayshaun Prince is in his 30's already I think

In that list we should look at Tony Parker, Brandon Roy, Carmelo, Horford, and David West....and btw Kobe isnt going anywhere.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Melo is the same prick that wrecked havoc in the garden and disrespected everything the Knicks stand for. The hell with him.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Melo is the same prick that wrecked havoc in the garden and disrespected everything the Knicks stand for. The hell with him.

Word. Even if it was just Mardy Collins.

He flat out disrespected and spit on the Knicks not to mention disgracing the Garden floor.

If you're a true Knicks fan, you'd have a dire hate towards any player who's ever popped shit at MSG.

That's why there's a part of me that has a respect for Jeffries. After he had to have his jersey ripped to be restrained from tearing Melo's head off! That's the team spirit right there.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
You need warriors like Jared Jeffries and Stephon Jackson on your team so people know they cant get away with garbage like that fans too>(jackson)

Word. Even if it was just Mardy Collins.

He flat out disrespected and spit on the Knicks not to mention disgracing the Garden floor.

If you're a true Knicks fan, you'd have a dire hate towards any player who's ever popped shit at MSG.

That's why there's a part of me that has a respect for Jeffries. After he had to have his jersey ripped to be restrained from tearing Melo's head off! That's the team spirit right there.

dre48ny

Rotation player
You cats r right about what happened that night @ MSG, but part of me is like man if this dude wants to ball here, let him light up da garden.