Gallinari's Performance

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
dude is pretty good, and when he gets into game shape and is in his rhythm his points, and overall production will go up...this dude got game

JayJ44

Starter
I'm very impressed with his performance so far. He shows he has a very high basketball IQ, and is a great passer. He seems to be a great shooter, and I'm impressed that he was able to score 9 points, considering it's basically his 2nd game in America and he barely got the ball.

On defense, I'm more impressed than his offense. He really tries, and stays with his man well. He's able to recover well, and block the shot. He's also very aware on defense. He's intercepted many passes. Once he gets his legs under him, and gets stronger, I think he can be a pretty good defender. With his offensive skills, combined with solid defense, he can be a very special player.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I'm very impressed with his performance so far. He shows he has a very high basketball IQ, and is a great passer. He seems to be a great shooter, and I'm impressed that he was able to score 9 points, considering it's basically his 2nd game in America and he barely got the ball.

On defense, I'm more impressed than his offense. He really tries, and stays with his man well. He's able to recover well, and block the shot. He's also very aware on defense. He's intercepted many passes. Once he gets his legs under him, and gets stronger, I think he can be a pretty good defender. With his offensive skills, combined with solid defense, he can be a very special player.
Major Cosign on everything... I am very impressed with galo.. Great future ahead of him no doubt!

dre48ny

Rotation player
Dude has heart on defense that is always welcome on old school knick work ethics. His skill set is there and will continue to grow as he will adapt to the NBA's pace. His length is impressive and will help us big time. D'Antoni will find ways to get him the ball. D'Antoni likes offensive weapons and must be smiling right now cause they drafted the player he envisioned.

The NYk have had some bad picks but they have had some good ones lately. Let's see who we can draft in '09 to help us build a nucleus for years to come.

looks very good so far, but too bad he's only going to be here as long as D'Antoni is.

What?

As long as your Winning in NY, this is by far the best place in the world to Coach/Live. Largest market, most diverse city in the world and you think he's leaving? He has found his nucleus of player's to keep for the future in Gallo,Lee and Chandler (maybe Duhon?) has a sick amount of $CASH$ coming off the books in the next few years starting with this summer (Steph,Rose,A.Harrington) and the following year 09-10 (James,Q,T.Thomas) AND the following year after that 10-11! (Jeffries,Curry) as well as having one of the best NBA GM's in the game (Donnie Walsh) helping and working with you to build the club you invision ........... Yeah sure Coach D and Gallo are as good as gone :thumbsup:

quiggle

Starter
What?

As long as your Winning in NY, this is by far the best place in the world to Coach/Live. Largest market, most diverse city in the world and you think he's leaving? He has found his nucleus of player's to keep for the future in Gallo,Lee and Chandler (maybe Duhon?) has a sick amount of $CASH$ coming off the books in the next few years starting with this summer (Steph,Rose,A.Harrington) and the following year 09-10 (James,Q,T.Thomas) AND the following year after that 10-11! (Jeffries,Curry) as well as having one of the best NBA GM's in the game (Donnie Walsh) helping and working with you to build the club you invision ........... Yeah sure Coach D and Gallo are as good as gone :thumbsup:

yeah but in the grand scheme of things its a business and if youre not winning youre going to be gone and so is everyone associate with you. do you think if the Mark Jackson was the head coach Gallinari would be a Knick?

yeah but in the grand scheme of things its a business and if youre not winning youre going to be gone and so is everyone associate with you. do you think if the Mark Jackson was the head coach Gallinari would be a Knick?

No I do not :) (Gallo), I liked the idea of Mark Jackson as our coach, but I'm plenty happy with what Mike has done with the team and their Identity/Chemistry. The way I see it Coach D has at least a 3-4 year window here.

1.This season there wasn't a whole lot expected of him. - 2008-2009
2. next season he has a pass as long as were improving..... 32+win season :teeth: (developing our young core and still waiting for 2010) - 2009-2010
3.then there's the big free agent signing year "2010" and he can claim team chemistry and meshing - 2010 - 2011
4.if he dosen't get it done this year 2011 - 2012 then he and maybe Gallo are gone?

I don't think it will play out that way though :)

Just my :2cents:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I watched "The Roster" like a hawk because I have been pretty critical of the pick when you considered what the other guys drafted around him have been doing, but I am impressed so far. We just need Herb to break him of that Euro-habit of just lurking around the 3 point line waiting for the ball to hoist one up. We have plenty of guys to do that. Gallo could become a major factor if he developed any type of post game. He is so long no one is blocking his shot and has a deft shooting touch. If he can learn to catch the ball with his back to the goal on the block 12-15 feet and turn and shoot, he could be close to unstoppable like a Dirk or Rasheed. Gallo runs the floor well and has good handles, but can't be expected to take NBA talent off the dribble from the 3 point line. Once Gallo developes a mid-range game, he could be a solid contributor for many years. But I am a little less critical of the pick for now. Time will tell from here if Gallo can stay healthy enough to play the NBA game. He is only 19.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I watched "The Roster" like a hawk because I have been pretty critical of the pick when you considered what the other guys drafted around him have been doing, but I am impressed so far. We just need Herb to break him of that Euro-habit of just lurking around the 3 point line waiting for the ball to hoist one up. We have plenty of guys to do that. Gallo could become a major factor if he developed any type of post game. He is so long no one is blocking his shot and has a deft shooting touch. If he can learn to catch the ball with his back to the goal on the block 12-15 feet and turn and shoot, he could be close to unstoppable like a Dirk or Rasheed. Gallo runs the floor well and has good handles, but can't be expected to take NBA talent off the dribble from the 3 point line. Once Gallo developes a mid-range game, he could be a solid contributor for many years. But I am a little less critical of the pick for now. Time will tell from here if Gallo can stay healthy enough to play the NBA game. He is only 19.

he already has a midrange game....gallo is different from all these rookies because he has played professional basketball from the age of 15. His vedeo's on youtube show his midrange game, also dantoni said gallo is our best shooter.

quiggle

Starter
Danilo Gallinari gave the crowd a thumbs- up for its support Monday but he's not as excited about the music selection the Knicks are using after he scores.
Gallinari scored nine points, including his first NBA dunk in Monday's 102-98 win over the Chicago Bulls. After each of his four baskets, the Knicks' long-time public address announcer Mike Walczewski, using a thick Italian accent, said "Daneeelo Gal-lin-ar-ay" and then the Italian songs "Volare" or "That's Amore" were played.
When asked about hearing his name, Gallinari said: "I need to talk a little bit with them about that. Because it's not so good, the pronunciation. I will talk about that. As for the music, no, not so good."
Mike D'Antoni was somewhat surprised by the music selection himself and looked at the scorer's table after Gallinari's first basket.
Apparently, Gallinari would prefer to hear a more updated, age-appropriate song. Also, the Italian journalists who attend Gallinari's home games said the song stereotypes Italians.

TunerAddict

Starter
Danilo Gallinari gave the crowd a thumbs- up for its support Monday but he's not as excited about the music selection the Knicks are using after he scores.
Gallinari scored nine points, including his first NBA dunk in Monday's 102-98 win over the Chicago Bulls. After each of his four baskets, the Knicks' long-time public address announcer Mike Walczewski, using a thick Italian accent, said "Daneeelo Gal-lin-ar-ay" and then the Italian songs "Volare" or "That's Amore" were played.
When asked about hearing his name, Gallinari said: "I need to talk a little bit with them about that. Because it's not so good, the pronunciation. I will talk about that. As for the music, no, not so good."
Mike D'Antoni was somewhat surprised by the music selection himself and looked at the scorer's table after Gallinari's first basket.
Apparently, Gallinari would prefer to hear a more updated, age-appropriate song. Also, the Italian journalists who attend Gallinari's home games said the song stereotypes Italians.

That is actually quite offensive...THATS AMORE?!?!?! Really?

gillinho

Rookie
Hi
I'm a Danilo Gallinari and also a NYK fan and
i'm From Milan (Italy) i just want to tell you that Danilo is the best Italian Player, forget Bargnani Danilo is Better !