Euroleague Basketball

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
Hi all, as I come from Europe, it would be a pleasure to talk about Euroleague Basketball with you. As many of you know, Euroleague Basketball is the maximum European basketball competition where take part the best european basketball clubs.
At the moment is just ended the first phase of ELB, the regular season, and, on 29th
January, will start the second phase, the TOP16s. The Top 16 groups are:

<table border="0" cellpadding="1" width="310"><tbody><tr><td>
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#aaa596">
GROUP E
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>​
</td> <td>
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td bgcolor="#aaa596">
GROUP F
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td bgcolor="#aaa596">
GROUP G
</td> <td>
GROUP H
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>​
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Is there anybody interested in this topic?

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice thread Proud Warrior i got a quick question on of my favorite prospects went to Euro to play there, i think he'll be a great NBA player, how's Brandon Jennings doing so far?...i know he's been improving and playing better lately but the website i used to follow up his stats on doesn't exist anymore

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
nice thread Proud Warrior i got a quick question on of my favorite prospects went to Euro to play there, i think he'll be a great NBA player, how's Brandon Jennings doing so far?...i know he's been improving and playing better lately but the website i used to follow up his stats on doesn't exist anymore
Jennings is the starting playmaker of Lottomatica Roma, but now he is going through a difficult period so now he is a reserve. He needs to gain more experience and I think that he will become a good player also in NBA. Recently Rome has changed the coach so he has to accustom to the new rules.
Here you can read his stats:

- http://web.legabasket.it/player/?id=Jen-Bra-89 for the Italian Lega Basket (if you have difficulties to understand i can translate)
- http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=001219 for the euroleague

If you want to watch the matches of Lottomatica Roma I can signal the link of the streaming

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thanks Proud Warrior, ima be checking in on this thread alot more

and Jennings has really improved from the last time i checked his efficiency and points per game has went up

if Greg Monroe is off the board when we pick i want Jennings

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
On Wednesday will start the second phase of the Euroleague Basketball, where the best 16 teams of europe are grouped in 4 groups.
Who is interested can take a look to the video news on www.euroleague.net
Who is not interested, I suggest to try to watch some game, because it is a very fascinating competition, where basketball is conceived different from the NBA.

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
Here the matches of the first round of TOP16

2008-09-top-16.png
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="306"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="3">
TOP 16 - GAME 1
</td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#dddddd">
Wednesday, January 28
</td> <td colspan="2" bgcolor="#dddddd">
Preview​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Cibona vs. Montepaschi Siena</td> <td>12:30 pm</td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Tau Ceramica vs. Asseco Prokom</td> <td>2:30 pm</td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Real Madrid vs. Regal Barcelona</td> <td>2:45 pm</td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#dddddd">
Thursday, January 29
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Fenerbahce Ulker vs. CSKA Moscow</td> <td>1:15 pm</td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Panathinaikos vs. Partizan</td> <td>1:45 pm</td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Maccabi Electra vs. Alba Berlin</td> <td>2:00 pm
</td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>AJ Milano vs. Olympiacos</td> <td>2:45 pm</td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Lottomatica Roma vs. Unicaja</td> <td>2:45 pm
</td> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>
I've reported the time in AM American time format.
For the Wednesday matches I suggest to watch the spanish derby, Real Madrid vs. Regal Barcelona. Tomorrow I will post the link to watch the matches.

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
Here the results of the first week

2008-09-top-16.png
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="306"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="3">
TOP 16 - WEEK 1
</td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#dddddd">
Thursday, January 29
Results​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Fenerbahce Ulker vs. CSKA Moscow</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Panathinaikos vs. Partizan</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Maccabi Electra vs. Alba Berlin</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>AJ Milano vs. Olympiacos</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Lottomatica Roma vs. Unicaja</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#dddddd">
Wednesday, January 28
Results​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Cibona vs. Montepaschi Siena</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Tau Ceramica vs. Asseco Prokom</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Real Madrid vs. Regal Barcelona</td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Brandon Jannings hasn't played good, you can read his stats of the game here:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=126

Has anyone watched any game?

metrocard

Legend
Thanks Warrior for proving such an easy to use/read scoreboard...keep it up amigo!

Arroyo with 10 assist...leading his team to 96 points, not bad.