YO RADY...we demand more personal avatars.

metrocard

Legend
We should be able to upload avatars that wont come out looking so small.
I'm not saying allow avatars that would take up the whole page...but we should be able to upload decent sized avatars...I feel like I'm forced to choose from the options in the USER CP...no offense, they're not bad...but I feel like we should be allowed to use more personalized avatars.

Akamu

The King
Co-sign, I was going to bring this up myself, my avatar was bigger before and I tried to upload my new one to it's normal size and it comes out so tiny. The maximum size should be doubled or tripled, and the 19kb size rules out any animated gif avatar ideas I had.

The forum avatars are 100 by 100, while you can only upload a picture that maximizes at 50 by 50.

Can we get an immediate increase please, at least match any personalized uploaded or linked pictures to the current size of the default forum ones-

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The upload avatar limit is 120x120 and 48kb.. that should satisfy any needs.. i will not allow anything bigger then 120x120 but if some gifs won't work i'll take a look over it tomorrow.

However.. i don't think avatars and other things should be that important. There are other forums that disallow any avatar/graphic signatures so that people focus more on what they post. We don't have any storage/bandwidth problems like we had few years ago, but i would encourage more posters to use smaller avatars/signatures.. (nothing against Akamu's great work) Not everyone has 1600x1200 screens and there are plenty visiting the forum from mobile devices and i think most of us are here to interact instead of displaying animated avatars and huge sigs.

Akamu

The King
Thanks Rady, I understand load times and such, I view this site sometimes from mobile devices. The 120x120 is great, 48kb is straight I can live with that.

I was using 1024 x 768 for a while and yea my sigs look type big but after I built my new comp and ran this in high res I couldn't go back and now all these sigs look tiny but refined. I try putting back that old resolution and my eyes hurt heheheh.

I appreciate any changes that are made.

Btw, it still says 50 x 50-

th3realicon

Rotation player
I think 80*80 should have been more appropriate. 120 is way too big for an avatar. Also i think we should set standards for sig measurements as well. Some people have signatures that are longer than a freaking vBulletin page altogether.

Akamu

The King
The default forum avatars are 100 x 100 ...so how is 80 x 80 appropriate?

It would only make sense to set personalized ones to be at 100 x 100, that would match what your using right now. 120 x 120 is well enough unless you have anything below 1024x768 res.

Lol longer then the vbulletin page, change your video card if it bothers you that much.

th3realicon

Rotation player
It ain't about that mate. Long ass sigs will be annoying regardless. I am talking about the ones that have like 1000 pics in their sigs.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Btw, it still says 50 x 50-

Thanks for the heads-up. I looked in the settings and it seemed that in the group of posters with 500+ posts, the avatars were indeed set as minimum size.
Fixed the problem so now anyone with more then 5 posts can upload avatars of 100x100 and 65kb

I was using 1024 x 768 for a while and yea my sigs look type big but after I built my new comp and ran this in high res I couldn't go back and now all these sigs look tiny but refined.
i always use this res from work since the laptop won't allow any higher and it's sometimes a pain to see signatures that are 10 times bigger than the actual post (mostly of people displaying more than a single image)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i dunno mine are coming out so small, i tried to get the avatar right but i gave up after unno 2 minutes i think loll

jpz17

Starter
just gonna say this, I made like 5 avatars and you never added them, I can send them again any time Rady