Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gallinari's Performance

Default Gallinari's Performance

thought it was solid for being injured for so long...9 points...first dunk and 1 for 1 on 3's...practice musta paid off last week: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

dude is pretty good, and when he gets into game shape and is in his rhythm his points, and overall production will go up...this dude got game

I'm very impressed with his performance so far. He shows he has a very high basketball IQ, and is a great passer. He seems to be a great shooter, and I'm impressed that he was able to score 9 points, considering it's basically his 2nd game in America and he barely got the ball.

On defense, I'm more impressed than his offense. He really tries, and stays with his man well. He's able to recover well, and block the shot. He's also very aware on defense. He's intercepted many passes. Once he gets his legs under him, and gets stronger, I think he can be a pretty good defender. With his offensive skills, combined with solid defense, he can be a very special player.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    I'm very impressed with his performance so far. He shows he has a very high basketball IQ, and is a great passer. He seems to be a great shooter, and I'm impressed that he was able to score 9 points, considering it's basically his 2nd game in America and he barely got the ball.

On defense, I'm more impressed than his offense. He really tries, and stays with his man well. He's able to recover well, and block the shot. He's also very aware on defense. He's intercepted many passes. Once he gets his legs under him, and gets stronger, I think he can be a pretty good defender. With his offensive skills, combined with solid defense, he can be a very special player.
    Major Cosign on everything... I am very impressed with galo.. Great future ahead of him no doubt!

Yea I see a very bright future for him. Hopefully his back injury doesn't act up again.

The "Roster" seems like the real deal

Dude has heart on defense that is always welcome on old school knick work ethics. His skill set is there and will continue to grow as he will adapt to the NBA's pace. His length is impressive and will help us big time. D'Antoni will find ways to get him the ball. D'Antoni likes offensive weapons and must be smiling right now cause they drafted the player he envisioned.

The NYk have had some bad picks but they have had some good ones lately. Let's see who we can draft in '09 to help us build a nucleus for years to come.

looks very good so far, but too bad he's only going to be here as long as D'Antoni is.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    looks very good so far, but too bad he's only going to be here as long as D'Antoni is.

What?

As long as your Winning in NY, this is by far the best place in the world to Coach/Live. Largest market, most diverse city in the world and you think he's leaving? He has found his nucleus of player's to keep for the future in Gallo,Lee and Chandler (maybe Duhon?) has a sick amount of $CASH$ coming off the books in the next few years starting with this summer (Steph,Rose,A.Harrington) and the following year 09-10 (James,Q,T.Thomas) AND the following year after that 10-11! (Jeffries,Curry) as well as having one of the best NBA GM's in the game (Donnie Walsh) helping and working with you to build the club you invision ........... Yeah sure Coach D and Gallo are as good as gone

we got a pretty good young core fellas.they just need to blossom with time.

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    What?

As long as your Winning in NY, this is by far the best place in the world to Coach/Live. Largest market, most diverse city in the world and you think he's leaving? He has found his nucleus of player's to keep for the future in Gallo,Lee and Chandler (maybe Duhon?) has a sick amount of $CASH$ coming off the books in the next few years starting with this summer (Steph,Rose,A.Harrington) and the following year 09-10 (James,Q,T.Thomas) AND the following year after that 10-11! (Jeffries,Curry) as well as having one of the best NBA GM's in the game (Donnie Walsh) helping and working with you to build the club you invision ........... Yeah sure Coach D and Gallo are as good as gone
    yeah but in the grand scheme of things its a business and if youre not winning youre going to be gone and so is everyone associate with you. do you think if the Mark Jackson was the head coach Gallinari would be a Knick?

Originally Posted by quiggle
    yeah but in the grand scheme of things its a business and if youre not winning youre going to be gone and so is everyone associate with you. do you think if the Mark Jackson was the head coach Gallinari would be a Knick?

No I do not (Gallo), I liked the idea of Mark Jackson as our coach, but I'm plenty happy with what Mike has done with the team and their Identity/Chemistry. The way I see it Coach D has at least a 3-4 year window here.

1.This season there wasn't a whole lot expected of him. - 2008-2009
    2. next season he has a pass as long as were improving..... 32+win season (developing our young core and still waiting for 2010) - 2009-2010
    3.then there's the big free agent signing year "2010" and he can claim team chemistry and meshing - 2010 - 2011
    4.if he dosen't get it done this year 2011 - 2012 then he and maybe Gallo are gone?

I don't think it will play out that way though

Just my

Veteran

I watched "The Roster" like a hawk because I have been pretty critical of the pick when you considered what the other guys drafted around him have been doing, but I am impressed so far. We just need Herb to break him of that Euro-habit of just lurking around the 3 point line waiting for the ball to hoist one up. We have plenty of guys to do that. Gallo could become a major factor if he developed any type of post game. He is so long no one is blocking his shot and has a deft shooting touch. If he can learn to catch the ball with his back to the goal on the block 12-15 feet and turn and shoot, he could be close to unstoppable like a Dirk or Rasheed. Gallo runs the floor well and has good handles, but can't be expected to take NBA talent off the dribble from the 3 point line. Once Gallo developes a mid-range game, he could be a solid contributor for many years. But I am a little less critical of the pick for now. Time will tell from here if Gallo can stay healthy enough to play the NBA game. He is only 19.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I watched "The Roster" like a hawk because I have been pretty critical of the pick when you considered what the other guys drafted around him have been doing, but I am impressed so far. We just need Herb to break him of that Euro-habit of just lurking around the 3 point line waiting for the ball to hoist one up. We have plenty of guys to do that. Gallo could become a major factor if he developed any type of post game. He is so long no one is blocking his shot and has a deft shooting touch. If he can learn to catch the ball with his back to the goal on the block 12-15 feet and turn and shoot, he could be close to unstoppable like a Dirk or Rasheed. Gallo runs the floor well and has good handles, but can't be expected to take NBA talent off the dribble from the 3 point line. Once Gallo developes a mid-range game, he could be a solid contributor for many years. But I am a little less critical of the pick for now. Time will tell from here if Gallo can stay healthy enough to play the NBA game. He is only 19.
    he already has a midrange game....gallo is different from all these rookies because he has played professional basketball from the age of 15. His vedeo's on youtube show his midrange game, also dantoni said gallo is our best shooter.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] gave the crowd a thumbs- up for its support Monday but he's not as excited about the music selection the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] are using after he scores.
    Gallinari scored nine points, including his first [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] dunk in Monday's 102-98 win over the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. After each of his four baskets, the Knicks' long-time public address announcer [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], using a thick Italian accent, said "Daneeelo Gal-lin-ar-ay" and then the Italian songs "Volare" or "That's Amore" were played.
    When asked about hearing his name, Gallinari said: "I need to talk a little bit with them about that. Because it's not so good, the pronunciation. I will talk about that. As for the music, no, not so good."
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] was somewhat surprised by the music selection himself and looked at the scorer's table after Gallinari's first basket.
    Apparently, Gallinari would prefer to hear a more updated, age-appropriate song. Also, the Italian journalists who attend Gallinari's home games said the song stereotypes Italians.