Knicks @ 76ers 1/24/09 7:00 PM

Will Al Harrington get out of his slump?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jpz17

Starter
New York Knicks
knicks_logo_050223_08.thumbnail.gif

VS

Philadelphia 76ers
logo_philadelphia76ers.gif

1/24/09 7:00 PM EST
a_Wachovia_Center_a.jpg

Good evening! Today the New York Knicks will be taking on the Philadelphia 76ers. The Knicks are coming off a 3 game win streak.
pregame.png

This is a special game thread as I will be signing off after this and retiring. Well, maybe not forever, but definitely for a while.
highlights.png

Yesterday the Knicks took on the Memphis Grizzlies. Now I know you might say, so what?? They suck. Well a win is a win and right now, we are a crap load back from the 8th spot, I'll take ANY win.
boxscore.jpg

box.jpg

They really proved they have depth. Take a look at the bench scoring, 4 out of 6 (who played) were in double digits.
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUyaIiROP-E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Now, for Philly's last game

<!-- template inline --><!-- left column --><!-- url: --><!-- videoId: 0--> Mavericks 95, 76ers 93

<object width="480" height="295">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RskyVsfX3a8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></object>

Interesting game most notably this guy:
L. Williams
Reb: 6
Ast: 0
Stl: 1
Blk: 0
How many people have ever seen him play? I know I haven't.

Heres the GAME LEADERS
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Game Leaders</td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td></td><td>DALLAS</td><td>PHILADELPHIA</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Points</td><td nowrap="nowrap">D. Nowitzki 24</td><td nowrap="nowrap">L. Williams 25</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>Rebounds</td><td nowrap="nowrap">J. Kidd 12</td><td nowrap="nowrap">A. Iguodala 12</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Assists</td><td nowrap="nowrap">J. Kidd 6</td><td nowrap="nowrap">A. Miller 7</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>Steals</td><td nowrap="nowrap">J. Terry 4</td><td nowrap="nowrap">A. Iguodala 2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Blocks</td><td nowrap="nowrap">R. Hollins 1</td><td nowrap="nowrap">S. Dalembert 3</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">· Team stats: Dallas | Philadelphia</td></tr></tbody></table>Provided by ESPN

Lately the Sixers just lost to Dallas, before that
  • Beat NY
  • Beat SAS
  • Beat POR
  • Beat ATL
The Sixers are coming off a 4 day vacation. Its not even the Allstar break.

Well anyway heres ESPN's take on the game

The Philadelphia 76ers signed Elton Brand to a five-year deal in July to help turn around the fortunes of a struggling franchise. But while he's been sidelined the past 16 games with a dislocated right shoulder, they've started to figure things out without their $80 million man.
On Saturday night, though, it appears Philadelphia will have to find a way to fit the Brand back into the rotation as it goes for a ninth straight home win over the New York Knicks.Philadelphia (20-21) plays its first game since Monday's 95-93 loss to Dallas in which Dirk Nowitzki hit a turnaround over Reggie Evans as time expired, snapping the 76ers' seven-game winning streak."Reggie had a good feel for him because he was guarding him for the last five minutes as we were making our comeback," said Philadelphia interim coach Tony DiLeo, 11-7 since taking over the fired Maurice Cheeks on Dec. 13. "Reggie is a physical guy who did push him out and contested the shot."While the defense has suffered just marginally without Brand -- Philadelphia has allowed 97.6 points per game during his 16-game absence compared to 94.7 with him in the lineup -- the 76ers have shown a vast improvement in their scoring the past month.Philadelphia averaged just 94.0 points with Brand, but have scored 100.4 points per game since he was injured on Dec. 17 in a 93-88 win over Milwaukee.Starting in Brand's place, Thaddeus Young has averaged 13.9 points, 5.1 rebounds and is shooting 51.1 percent from the field during Philadelphia's 9-7 stretch. In last Saturday's 107-97 win over the Knicks at Madison Square Garden, Young posted his second double-double of the season with 10 points and 10 boards.Brand, who had 24 points and 14 rebounds in a 116-87 win over the visiting Knicks on Oct. 31, will initially come off the bench and play limited minutes.Andre Iguodala, averaging 22.3 points, 5.8 rebounds and 5.6 assists since Brand went down, will be looking for his third consecutive double-double on Saturday. Iguodala had 18 points and a season-high 12 boards in Monday's loss, including seven points during a 12-0 run that tied the game at 93 with 8.5 seconds remaining."I was proud of the way we came back," said Iguodala, who had 28 points and 10 rebounds in last Saturday's win. "I think we need to continue to have that hunger."New York (18-24) feels the same way after matching a season-high three-game winning streak on Friday by defeating Memphis 108-88. David Lee posted his sixth consecutive double-double with 19 points and 14 rebounds as the Knicks closed out their four-game homestand."Guys were picking each other up, and that is what good teams do," said Lee, averaging 11.8 points and 10.3 boards in his last four games in Philadelphia.Since last Saturday's loss to the 76ers, New York's bench has scored 47.5 percent of the team's points.Al Harrington had 16 points and 10 rebounds and Nate Robinson also scored 16 on Friday as New York held a 59-22 edge in bench points."You think about with me and Nate coming off the bench and Tim (Thomas) and now Gallo (Danilo Gallinari), it's a lot of offensive power," said Harrington, who had a team-high 26 points off the bench last week against Philadelphia. "We could start on a lot of teams."New York's last win in Philadelphia was 113-107 in overtime on Dec. 17, 2004.
Heres the over/under

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="center"><td width="28%">FAVORITE</td> <td width="18%">OPEN</td> <td width="18%">CUR</td> <td width="24%">UNDERDOG</td> <td width="12%">O/U</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="center"> <td>@PHILADELPHIA</td> <td>-8</td> <td>0</td> <td><nobr>NEW YORK</nobr></td> <td>--</td></tr></tbody></table>
NY 21% PHIL 79%

This is sad, I mean we are better than that. Philly is coming off a loss to Dallas and we are coming off 3 wins!

Another interesting thing is that Elton Brand will play today for Philly. He was out for a few months. He will come off the bench.
340x.jpg

In case you didn't realize this game will be in PA
pennsylvania

Although if you didn't realize you can't read so why does it matter?

A short time ago for game 2 MSG had this to say:
The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Share the ball: play as a team
  • Look to double Elton Brand in the paint
  • Transition Defense: Philly likes to run like us
  • Box Out: Sixers are a good rebounding team, we cant afford to get killed on the boards like the Raptors did
Of course this was back in November

DavidLee_300_061220.jpg

nba_dime5_268.jpg
johnson_289x171.jpg

_1190428_sprewell300.jpg

houston.bmp

Official JPZ game time prediction

(20-21)
Philadelphia.png
NewYork.png
(16-24)
101-106

The 76ers have not been living up to expectations. Samuel Dalembert has not been playing well. Willie Green has not been playing well. Elton Brand won't be 100%. The knicks are just starting to improve and are getting better, they are off 3 wins. I think the 4 day break for Philly will actually hurt them. Thats just too long.

76ers Stats
76ers.jpg

Somewhat hard to see but AI is leading the way.
AI
ai.jpg

Elton Brand
brand-1.jpg

Samuel Dalembert
dale.jpg

Willie Green
green.jpg

Andre Miller
miller.jpg

Thats all I did because those guys were supposed to be the "stars" but, how many are doing good? Look how much Green dropped and Dalembert. Samuel was supposed to step up when Brand got hurt.

Elton Brand Mix

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkTdI31G8DU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Knicks last 5 games stats

Nate Robinson
robinson.jpg

SSD_Phase2_300x250.jpg

Quetin Richardson
richardson.jpg

Al Harrington
harrington.jpg

Danillo Gallinari
gallinari.jpg

Chris Duhon
duhon.jpg

David Lee
lee.jpg

Don't have a Chandler one, but he is doing good but not great. Now the most noticable bad games is Quentin Richardson. What the heck man star playin! Lee is red hot. Duhon is average. Harrington should sit on the bench for a day and lear not to shoot when you are cold. Nate is getting back into it also

David Lee Mix

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2K6jQ7PZiys&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Opinions
prince.jpg

the Knicks are coming off one of their most impressive wins of the season, after beating the Suns at MSG on Wednesday.The Knicks didn't just do it with offense but they did it with defense as well, something they've been doing alot more of. D'Antoni is showing he could coach some good defense he just needs the players to embrace it, which we've been doing lately.Nate had his revival vs. the Suns and it was a much needed spark as he's proved to be time and again....a vocal spark. coming into Saturday's game vs the 76ers, a team that beat us on our home court last sat. Gallinari made his real season debut in that game and playing well. scoring 6 points and deflecting many passes and he hit the shots in timely fashion. Now he has 6 games under his belt,4 real games and he's getting better with every game. look for Gallinari to get more minutes vs the 76ers and he'll be more effective as he's getting his chances on the offensive end. look for Nate to continue his revival and Gallo to continue to improve.

Knicks-105
76ers-99

Player of the Game- ima say Danilo Gallinari only cause i havent had the opportunity to say that all year im looking for him to score 15-17 points and get a couple of rebouds a stl and maybe a block with important deflections throughout
jay.jpg

The Knicks have not played well against the Sixers this year, as shown by our 0-2 record against them. The main reason being, they are a young athletic team that runs and pushes the ball much better than we do. In order to win, we need to limit our turnovers, and get back on defense quickly. Elton Brand will most likely be returning to the Sixers in this game, which could either help us or hurt us. It could help us by slowing down the Sixers. But it could hurt us because he is a talented low post player, and we don't really have anyone who can guard him. But in this game, I think his return will help us more than hurt us. Coming back from an injury, he probably won't play up to his usual standard and he will slow down the Sixers while he is on the floor. My prediction for the game: Knicks-107 Sixers-101
pricey.jpg

if u asked me about this game this time last week i would say Philly would win easily but now i think we can take it up to them and get the win.
Lee is playing great ball and Nate has found some form over the last 2 games and Gallanari is showing great signs.
I tip NYK 123-110.
Paul
hey umm My memory isn't great but I think that's the game were we lost to Philley by about 10? Not sure if that was Gallo's first or second game.

I feel that every time we play Philly that it's just a constant battle because of their athleticism and fast break ability that matches ours. We have a hard time stopping Iguadola becuase of his power and size as a guard but Gallinari did very well that game.

I think if Gallinari can play big minutes then we can do better against Philley just because last time HE WAS the reason that we got back in it.

I would be able to give you a better opinion but I have watched a couple Knick games since then so my memeory of that game isn't fresh.
msg.jpg

Elton Brand is about he same height and size, but because of his athleticism this might be a tough matchup for the Knicks. Hes a good post player like Randolph was, but his superior jumping ability will make it very difficult for the Knicks to slow him down. I expect at least 10 and 10 from Brand. The Knicks don't really have any players who can stop him or slow him down.
opponents.jpg

i hope brand going be back then we shall see how he going be used in the new system hopefully he will be the all star we all know. oh and another buzzer beater by iggy alley oop or not. wooo sixers
This is way too long of a break.
Depending on the knicks streaky shooters, it could either be a very close game down to the wire, or a blowout. If the knicks are off, those long rebounds are exactly what the Sixers use to get out on the break. And because the knicks don't slow the game down at all that could be perfect for the Sixers and deadly for the knicks.

Starting 5

PG........... SG........... SF........... PF...........C

3331.jpg
3744.jpg
3826.jpg
4290.jpg
3534.jpg

Miller Green Iguodala Young Dalembert

PG........... SG........... SF........... PF...........C

3855.jpg
3417.jpg
3609.jpg
4301.jpg
3956.jpg

Duhon Richardson Jeffries Chandler Lee

t_mobile_fave5_logo_180.jpg

presents

JPZ17's
Barkley_s_fave_five_Saul_Salazar_444x500.JPG

FAVE 5 KEYS TO WINNING

• Stop AI
  • Make Brand run
  • Get Danillo the ball
  • Don't play Richardson
  • Get Lee on the floor
JPZ17's
FIVE THINGS TO
LOOK OUT FOR

cartoon_eyes-160x157.jpg

1. Poor game by Q
  2. Poor Game by Al
  3. Louis or whatever good game
  4. Elton brand back
  5. Too long break for 76ers
act_andre_iguodala.jpg

JPZ17's Key matchup
oldKey.gif

Duhon vs Miller

When Duhon does good, the Knicks do good

T-Mobile-Header_rev110907.gif

Will Al Harrington get out of his slump?

I say NO

21e856c5-4bad-4f09-8c0d-58c432351680.jpg

JPZ17's Player Pressure
Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????

color-fog-lights.jpg

Quentin Richardson & Al Harrington
act_quentin_richardson.jpg

JPZ's Inspiring Knicks Quote

"We are building for the future"-Mike D'Antoni

it.jpg

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/472a175c45792131/497b5895242fa667/49207f6ebd10b4a2/ac25d3c5/-cpid/2531e8ee9aa563e0" id="W472a175c45792131497b5895242fa667" width="300" height="387">

</object>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/4704165422de6aac/497b58ae4c80b3b0/474355448c077eb8/dfe662c4/-cpid/d3b0a619f9425194" id="W4704165422de6aac497b58ae4c80b3b0" width="200" height="415">

</object>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/497b58bd6a3e741a/49208a9333695a40/825ddbb/-cpid/a35ddb127fadd7f7" id="W49022a9858696414497b58bd6a3e741a" width="289" height="260">

</object>

Thanks for everything guys, this has been a great time for me. This forum is the greatest on the internet and they are some great posters here. I will miss you guys.-Jpz17

Thanks for joining me
for knicksonline I'm JPZ17 and a special thanks to NYKnicks126

Stay classy New York

Go New York Knicksssss!
gamethread.png

I'm JPZ, signing out

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
SICK THREAD JPZ17! one of your best. nice combination of pictures and info and words.

i love the poster name banners u created ima go ahead and use mine if you don't mind lmao.

im looking for Gallo to have a good game and Nate to continue his good play, and Lee to be Lee....i hope we could get a good game from Harrington get him going again.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
jpz17 go work for MSG! hahaha! great game thread!... I'm 2 for 2 in my predictions.. Cant mess with success so for now it keeps going....

Knicks Traveling, Plus 3 game winning streak on the line.. I think the knicks drop this one unfortunately.. BUT I would love to be wrong! lol

GO KNICKS!

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

Great game thread, Jpz. Good luck with your goals and dreams.

Watch JPZ17 come back next week as JBZ18...lol. JP

As for the game, NO GALLO, OKG!? Damn!

*throws away list of Big Cock jokes*

Pricey

Rotation player
what did u mean by

Thanks for everything guys, this has been a great time for me. This forum is the greatest on the internet and they are some great posters here. I will miss you guys.-Jpz17

jpz17

Starter
great game! very exciting, too bad we lost we saw a good game from some guys we normally don't.

see you later guys!!

Paul1355

All Star
this is the longest thread ever made lol

ANyways I knew this was going to happen....the Knicks can't stop Andre Iguadola.

Mike D should have kept Q Rich in just to defend Iguadola because no one else could defend him from driving to the hoop.

Knicks shot great and Nate is back to his old self.

If Gallinari played I really think we might have won this game. There was times were Chandler was doing so bad that he was only playing because we had no else that had enough energy to play the forward spot, except Malik rose.

Chandler has been horrible...making turnovers...not scoring and ALWAYS shooting long shots which is not his strength.

Once Gallinari is healthy he will either start or Tim Thomas/Harrington is going to take over Chandler's starting spot. Chandler has to get out of this funk before he becomes a role player again.

JayJ44

Starter
this is the longest thread ever made lol

ANyways I knew this was going to happen....the Knicks can't stop Andre Iguadola.

Mike D should have kept Q Rich in just to defend Iguadola because no one else could defend him from driving to the hoop.

Knicks shot great and Nate is back to his old self.

If Gallinari played I really think we might have won this game. There was times were Chandler was doing so bad that he was only playing because we had no else that had enough energy to play the forward spot, except Malik rose.

Chandler has been horrible...making turnovers...not scoring and ALWAYS shooting long shots which is not his strength.

Once Gallinari is healthy he will either start or Tim Thomas/Harrington is going to take over Chandler's starting spot. Chandler has to get out of this funk before he becomes a role player again.

I actually didn't realize Chandler was playing lol. Did he even score? Maybe he hit a rookie wall, but he needs to be more aggressive. I agree, we really could have used Gallo with Chandler's play. But I would rather us lose this game, than Gallo re-injure his back or something.

richtree

Rotation player
seems like last 10 times knicks played the sixers they only got like 2 wins

anyone know how they fared over last 5 ...then last 10 vs sixers ?

Kiyaman

Legend
JPZ-17, watup? u have 2 b mo explicit wid da running-away from Home thang....whats da real reason???

Sorry Knick Loss! if we are going to lose....lets lose right.
It became a fact that every team "SHAQ" been on....his teammates dont like the idea of Shaq getting the oportunity to miss 20 to 40 games each season. What that means is........

The 76er's happen to be the roughest & toughest Bad-Boys in the Eastern Conference.....that is why I cant buy into this back-injury thang with rookie Gallo....every rookie in the NBA is supposed to play in all the "Back to Back" games to build stamina.
To not let Gallo play against the "Rough-House" Philly-Boys Dalembert, Brand, Young, Speights, Iggy, Green, and Miller, makes me really think Gallo is too "SOFT" to bang-bodies in the NBA....Philly been winning on their physical strength (in a 9-Man rotation) this season.
Plus Gallo already missed the first 40 games of the season....this special treatment shuut given to Gallo has to be why Wilson Chandler has stop being the force inwhich he is on this team.

This Knick team needs 9 bodies to play a full game....especially against Philly....and around this part of the season....the Eastern Conference only have 7 teams playing .500 B-Ball out of 15 teams compared to the West 9 out of 15 teams (in the first half of the season).

I just dont get it with this Knick team....there are about 6-SG we could get from the D.League that are 100 times better than Roberson....in just their passing-skillz which could be decent for 8 to 12 minutes of playingtime....plus Ewing Jr. is eating-up the backboards in the D.League.
If we are getting rid of 95% of this Knick roster by 2010.....than at least have 10 or 11 players which could forfill all 5 positions each game.

jpz17

Starter
Kiya, just too busy and don't have time for this. I would rather stop posting in all then post every 3 months. I just got a job, along with college. I get about an hour a night online. In that time I have to email my family because they "miss" me lol. Its hard to balance this stuff

I don't want to me remembered as the guy who comes out of nowhere and posts end of story. This will give me more time to get grades up, which I need if I'm going into the political field. (political science major)

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya, just too busy and don't have time for this. I would rather stop posting in all then post every 3 months. I just got a job, along with college. I get about an hour a night online. In that time I have to email my family because they "miss" me lol. Its hard to balance this stuff

I don't want to me remembered as the guy who comes out of nowhere and posts end of story. This will give me more time to get grades up, which I need if I'm going into the political field. (political science major)

That sounds fair....u got my best wishes....do your thang!
I must say I will miss u so do drop in at times.

RESPECT
Kiya