more misfortunes for Curry

quiggle

Starter
Knicks center Eddy Curry's 3-year-old son witnessed his mother and baby-sister's murders in their Chicago apartment Saturday, according to a source close to Curry.
Nova Henry, 24, a former girlfriend of Curry's, and her 9-month-old daughter, Ava, were found shot dead by Henry's mother around 6 p.m. Saturday, authorities said.
Curry's son was found unharmed inside the South Side apartment, but his father was still described as "despondent" Saturday night.
The killer is a "known acquaintance," said Chicago Police Officer Amina Greer.
Henry had a boyfriend and had filed a restraining order against him, according to team sources.
Greer did not say whether the suspect was being questioned last night, just that the case is still "under investigation."
A Knicks source close to Curry described him as "distraught" upon learning of the woman's death and what his son witnessed.
Curry was told of the murders after the team's loss to Philadelphia last night and cried upon hearing the news, said the source.
Henry had claimed the murdered 9-month-old infant was Curry's child, but the player has adamantly denied it.
Autopsies were set to be performed Sunday.
Curry flew back to New York from Philadelphia with the team last night, and the source was not sure if he was staying in the city or going to Chicago.
Curry is married and has four children with his wife, Patrice - Eddy III, Reign, Reigan and Reiganna, according to the Knicks media guide.
In 2007, Curry and his wife were bound and robbed at gunpoint in the family's suburban Chicago mansion by three gun-wielding thugs.
Saturday's tragic incident comes during an especially tumultuous period for Curry.
Two weeks ago, the Knicks star was sued by his former driver who accused him of making sexual advances, forcing him to perform demeaning tasks and twice pointing a gun at him.
Ex-driver David Kuchinsky also claimed that Curry bombarded him with racial and religious epithets.
Curry has played in just one game this season after missing the first 35 games with a right knee injury.
He arrived for preseason training out of shape and was set back further by a bacterial infection that forced him to miss the first six days of training camp.
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni has repeatedly insisted Curry needs to improve his conditioning and drop some weight before he can become an effective player again.

No one deserves this :(

I hope they fry this cats ass! Anyone that could hurt or kill a harmless child should be taken out of this world ASAP, people like that have no right to walk this earth.

RIP Nova and little Ava

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
wow thts devasting, my heartfelt condolences to the family of the young woman, and imagine eddy's son now? hes basically scarred for life, that memory will never leave him. i wish only the best for him, and eddy curry. right now i dont think life has been much worse for curry, they'll be in ma prayers

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
wow thts devasting, my heartfelt condolences to the family of the young woman, and imagine eddy's son now? hes basically scarred for life, that memory will never leave him. i wish only the best for him, and eddy curry. right now i dont think life has been much worse for curry, they'll be in ma prayers

My thoughts exactly. The kid won't be the same again. No child should have to go thru that. Hopefully Eddy can surpass all these obstacles and become a better man from 'em.

diesel1984

Rookie
you def have to feel for eddy and her family and i hope his son can grow up normal im sure it will be incredibly hard for the family to move on i wish them all well and everyone should keep them in their prayers. me personally i think after a little bit eddy will become focused and push himself to be the best person and player he can be

Paul1355

All Star
Knicks center Eddy Curry's 3-year-old son witnessed his mother and baby-sister's murders in their Chicago apartment Saturday, according to a source close to Curry.
Nova Henry, 24, a former girlfriend of Curry's, and her 9-month-old daughter, Ava, were found shot dead by Henry's mother around 6 p.m. Saturday, authorities said.
Curry's son was found unharmed inside the South Side apartment, but his father was still described as "despondent" Saturday night.
The killer is a "known acquaintance," said Chicago Police Officer Amina Greer.
Henry had a boyfriend and had filed a restraining order against him, according to team sources.
Greer did not say whether the suspect was being questioned last night, just that the case is still "under investigation."
A Knicks source close to Curry described him as "distraught" upon learning of the woman's death and what his son witnessed.
Curry was told of the murders after the team's loss to Philadelphia last night and cried upon hearing the news, said the source.
Henry had claimed the murdered 9-month-old infant was Curry's child, but the player has adamantly denied it.
Autopsies were set to be performed Sunday.
Curry flew back to New York from Philadelphia with the team last night, and the source was not sure if he was staying in the city or going to Chicago.
Curry is married and has four children with his wife, Patrice - Eddy III, Reign, Reigan and Reiganna, according to the Knicks media guide.
In 2007, Curry and his wife were bound and robbed at gunpoint in the family's suburban Chicago mansion by three gun-wielding thugs.
Saturday's tragic incident comes during an especially tumultuous period for Curry.
Two weeks ago, the Knicks star was sued by his former driver who accused him of making sexual advances, forcing him to perform demeaning tasks and twice pointing a gun at him.
Ex-driver David Kuchinsky also claimed that Curry bombarded him with racial and religious epithets.
Curry has played in just one game this season after missing the first 35 games with a right knee injury.
He arrived for preseason training out of shape and was set back further by a bacterial infection that forced him to miss the first six days of training camp.
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni has repeatedly insisted Curry needs to improve his conditioning and drop some weight before he can become an effective player again.

With all of CUrry's money you would think that he would move his family in a really rich area away from crime but this is just misfortune and it's extremely sad if Curry's kid was killed.

I'll pray that God watches over him.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
now i hate curry and all, but really? why does this happen to him?

on top of the whole driver sexual harassment case, he must got so much on his mind....

i cant imagine what state of mind he's in

stay strong man !

dre48ny

Rotation player
Basketball has no fit into all of this. Definitely gotta pray for Curry and his little son! Tragic shit, bro!

Curry needs a mental break right now, there's a lot of shit on his plate!

dave2138

Rotation player
Definitely sad and I feel like an ass asking this question..but do you think this event has any effect on the possibility of Curry declining 1 of his player's options in 2010 + 2011? Maybe early retirement to be with his family is the best decision for him? Or signing with Chicago at a cheaper price to be closer to home.

metrocard

Legend
Damn...in Obama's city.
I don't understand crimes like this...people could be just so savage and cowardly.
I understand robbery...some people are really in povery and go by desperate measures to live.
But taking someone's life is really beyond sin.
The only true loss in this was the murderer, he lost his right to call himself a human being.
I would like to find out the story behind this...I just feel like Curry has a lot of problems in Chicago, some bad is always going off over there every year for him.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i feel sorry for him n all, but who knows what home gurl did. instead of asking why, just pary for his strength

New New York

Quiet Storm
so it was revealed the little girl was his daughter, sad :( RIP

Ummm...this now can get a bit ugly for Eddy, because if he fathered a 9 month old being married for some years now, this raises a question of if there was motive for Curry to have this done. Now, Eddy doesnt seem the type, but, any investigator is going to work that angle. There going to wonder why a child who is less than one years old and can't serve as a witness is murdered, but a three year old who can give some account of the situation is left unharmed. Add to that the fact that the unharmed child is the child Eddy recongnized as his child.

Now look I would hate for this to be true, and I dont think Eddy wouldve had anything to do with it. But for sure he now becomes a suspect in this case.

WOW

dre48ny

Rotation player
Ummm...this now can get a bit ugly for Eddy, because if he fathered a 9 month old being married for some years now, this raises a question of if there was motive for Curry to have this done. Now, Eddy doesnt seem the type, but, any investigator is going to work that angle. There going to wonder why a child who is less than one years old and can't serve as a witness is murdered, but a three year old who can give some account of the situation is left unharmed. Add to that the fact that the unharmed child is the child Eddy recongnized as his child.

Now look I would hate for this to be true, and I dont think Eddy wouldve had anything to do with it. But for sure he now becomes a suspect in this case.

WOW

I understand your angle as a detective, but shit I don't think Eddy is sick like that. I don't like thinking of shit like that. I have a 3 year old man and if someone did something to harm my child, even if it's just mental: Mother****ers it's on!!!!