should the Knicks trade for STAT now?

portega1968

El Cacique
_______√ictory_______;83689 said:
when i think about amare as a knick,i think about mcdyess.

When McDyess came back, unfortunately playing for the first time ever in a Knick uniform that xmas (thanks Layden), he was nowhere close to the ability he had before the surgery.

Maybe thats why I was not optimistic about Stoudamire coming back from his surgery a couple of years ago. But he surprised me cause he still had that explosiveness around the rim. He still can perform at his peak level, unlike McDyess who at the time reminded me of how Larry Johnson lost his bounce (nevertheless, LJ reinvented himself as a finesse player around the rim).

Bottom line: barring another injury, Amare is way above McDyess in terms of unharmed abilities after the surgery. Not a valid comparison cause Amare has shown he still plays whereas we traded for McDyess while he was still recovering from surgery without knowing how he would come back.

When McDyess came back, unfortunately playing for the first time ever in a Knick uniform that xmas (thanks Layden), he was nowhere close to the ability he had before the surgery.

Maybe thats why I was not optimistic about Stoudamire coming back from his surgery a couple of years ago. But he surprised me cause he still had that explosiveness around the rim. He still can perform at his peak level, unlike McDyess who at the time reminded me of how Larry Johnson lost his bounce (nevertheless, LJ reinvented himself as a finesse player around the rim).

Bottom line: barring another injury, Amare is way above McDyess in terms of unharmed abilities after the surgery. Not a valid comparison cause Amare has shown he still plays whereas we traded for McDyess while he was still recovering from surgery without knowing how he would come back.
its more than a fair comparison to me.
they're similar players.
i just don't trust that knee when he's the player he is.
his explosiveness is what makes him.

Red

TYPE-A
"One of the biggest names on this year's trading block is Stoudemire, the Phoenix Suns' All-Star power forward. Stoudemire brings a unique and irresistible package of size, athleticism, basketball IQ and defensive ability that makes him a fit on nearly every team. His 6-foot-10, 250-pound frame makes him a daunting inside presence, and this year he has diversified his game by developing a sharp 18- to 20- foot jump shot that creates mismatches for other teams on a nightly basis. More importantly, his $15 million-per-year contract expires after next season, so teams who wish to trade for him will have a season and a half to determine whether he can be a good fit for their franchise.
Stoudemire would most likely go East, possibly to the Detroit Pistons, New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets, Chicago Bulls or Miami Heat, but to acquire him, teams will have to be willing to give up significant young talent and possibly a future first-round draft pick. Stoudemire is blinking fiercely on the Knicks' radar, but they would probably have to surrender power forward David Lee and guard Nate Robinson, whose youth and energy make them attractive acquisitions. Still, the investment in Stoudemire would be a smart move for the Knicks, as they could not only acquire a perennial All-Star but also a talent that would help in their courting of LeBron James next summer.":smokin: