Support A-Rod

clumsy

Rotation player
Well being a life long Mets fan i have to interject and say A-Rod helped you guys get into the post season Torre's last season. In general he helps you get into the post season. There are a lot more guys not holding your team down than just him.

It's the same as Eagle fans wanting Donovan McNabb out of the city limits of Philadelphia. Who has he had to work with on offense?!?!? An injured Brian Westbrook every season, and WR's that could barely make other NFL teams.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Look let me say this, I think A-Rod has the chance to go down in history as the greatest player ever. If he does do that I would be extremely happy for him. BUT, as a yankee fan he would more than solidify his status as a Yankee and an All time great if he did one time won the big one. Clumsy, you are absolutely correct he did help the yankees tremendously in torre's final year as manager. But what good is it. This is a city that judges what you do in the post-season, AKA the biggest stage. I would LOVE for him to shut me up, PLEASE A-ROD PROVE ME WRONG! hahaha

clumsy

Rotation player
C'mon man James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Kevin Curtis!??!?! And he was still dumb nice in his prime. T.O. was the only real offensive threat he has had (Brian Westbrook, doesn't play long enough every year to be considered). People call him overrated cuz he couldn't win the big one...but i don't agree.

I guarentee A-Rod will win one for the Yanks...as much as i think the Yankees are bad for baseball.

Paul1355

All Star
Kid next time you quote me, QUOTE THE WHOLE THING! I said FONIZE HIT IN THE POSTSEASON WHEN IT MATTERED. SEE GAME 5 OF THE POST-SEASON! Game winning Hit.... How many of those Does Arod Have? You dont know what your talking about, Next time make threads where you actually know what your talking about. Your such a big supporter of Arod, If he so much as showed a pulse in the playoffs you wouldnt be making this thread right now...

Giants89fly, you said in your other post that A-Rod actually "hates Jeter. That is wrong. The only time A-Rod talked negative about the relationship of him and Jeter was when AROD stopped being "phony" as said by Joe Torre and other Yankee players and actually spoke the truth in saying that their friendship is not as strong as it once was when they were younger.

Thats it...the relationship is not as strong but when AROD hits a homerun...Jeter is the first one out there smiling and congratualting him and the same goes for when Jeter gets a big hit...AROD comes out first smiling and to cheer him on as if they are best friends.

You catch my drift?

th3realicon

Rotation player
We've been lacking pitching for a long ass time.
You don't win with no pitching.

He has no excuses anymore than, couse we are loaded as far as the rotation goes. Our pen is fantastic also.
If we make the play offs and he chokes again that there is no other treatment for him but booing him.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
C.C Sabathia
A.J Burnett
Chen Ming Wang
Joba Chamberlain
Andy Petitte
Phil Hughes

thats the best rotation in the MLB and our offense will be sick again so we beasting this year, interseting to see who gets the 5th starter spot.

jpz17

Starter
C.C Sabathia
A.J Burnett
Chen Ming Wang
Andy Petitte
Phil Hughes

thats our roto, Joba in the pen (hopefully)

anyway, Im not here to argue anything is anyone willing to go to the site

Paul1355

All Star
C.C Sabathia
A.J Burnett
Chen Ming Wang
Andy Petitte
Phil Hughes

thats our roto, Joba in the pen (hopefully)

anyway, Im not here to argue anything is anyone willing to go to the site

i still dont know why people trust Phil Hughes who sucked last year over Joba Chamberlain who in his only 2 starts did fantastic with one of his starts being AT BOSTON AND THROWING A 7 INNING SHUTOUT.

He should be a starter because our bullpen is solid with talent and guys waiting to be used from the minors. Good starters like Joba don't come around very often.

IF JOBA GETS HURT AGAIN AS A STARTER BECAUSE OF ARM TROUBLE OR SOMETHING WERE THE AMMOUNT OF INNINGS HAS CASUED THE INJURY, THEN YOU PUT HIM BACK IN THE BULLPEN FOR GOOD.

IF YOU MESS WITH HIS ARM GOING LONG INNINGS AND SHORT INNINGS THEN THATS WERE HE IS ALWAYS GOING TO GET HURT. YOU HAVE TO KEEP PITCHERS IN A CONSTANT ROUTINE.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Joba Chamberlain-8th inning

Mariano Rivera-9th inning

best 1-2 combo in the MLB

and Hughes is nasty he just needs to have a healthy season and one where he isnt asked to carry a huge load. he came up ( late 07) and was the no.3 pitcher thats tough on a 20 year old last year he was also the 3 pitcher and wasnt experience and got injured as he was starting to turn things around watch him this year being the 4 or 5 pitcher watch him become a sick pitcher.

remember the no hitter he had going in the 7th when he pulled his hamstring and had to leave? Joba was nothing close to that as a starter.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Phil is headed in the wrong direction. I was his biggest fan and was hopping he would be our Ace for the future, but last season was a wake up call. He struggled big time. I expected him to, but not to that point. he did not win a game. Hell even Kei Igawa did better than him.
I also lost faith in IPK as well. he is not a power pitcher and with his repertoire he ain't going far i am sure.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Hughes and Kennedy still need alot of time to develop, They throw so flat at times... And Hughes has a Great curveball, Who gives a shit though. Put Joba in the pen and have hughes as your #5. Kennedy can spot start.

1. CC
2. Burnett
3. Wang
4. Pettitte
5. Hughes

Pen
1. Rivera
2. Chamberlain

Thats Filthy.

I expect both New York Baseball Teams to do Really well this year!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
word with the moves we made this offseason we got a sick rotation and our offense got better. The team complments itself well we def going to the WS. NYY 2009 WS champs

jpz17

Starter
Joba Chamberlain-8th inning

Mariano Rivera-9th inning

best 1-2 combo in the MLB

and Hughes is nasty he just needs to have a healthy season and one where he isnt asked to carry a huge load. he came up ( late 07) and was the no.3 pitcher thats tough on a 20 year old last year he was also the 3 pitcher and wasnt experience and got injured as he was starting to turn things around watch him this year being the 4 or 5 pitcher watch him become a sick pitcher.

remember the no hitter he had going in the 7th when he pulled his hamstring and had to leave? Joba was nothing close to that as a starter.

No, thats not the best 1-2 in baseball its second best. To the Mets they have two closers on their team. And I 100% agree on hughes

Phil is headed in the wrong direction. I was his biggest fan and was hopping he would be our Ace for the future, but last season was a wake up call. He struggled big time. I expected him to, but not to that point. he did not win a game. Hell even Kei Igawa did better than him.
I also lost faith in IPK as well. he is not a power pitcher and with his repertoire he ain't going far i am sure.

Kenedy is done I agree with that. He doesn't have MLB stuff. He is a hard worker but thats it

Hughes and Kennedy still need alot of time to develop, They throw so flat at times... And Hughes has a Great curveball, Who gives a shit though. Put Joba in the pen and have hughes as your #5. Kennedy can spot start.

1. CC
2. Burnett
3. Wang
4. Pettitte
5. Hughes

Pen
1. Rivera
2. Chamberlain

Thats Filthy.

I expect both New York Baseball Teams to do Really well this year!

First time I agree with something with you Joba in pen but Hughes is great

word with the moves we made this offseason we got a sick rotation and our offense got better. The team complments itself well we def going to the WS. NYY 2009 WS champs

Don't get too carried away yet!:thumbsup:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
No, thats not the best 1-2 in baseball its second best. To the Mets they have two closers on their team. And I 100% agree on hughes

Kenedy is done I agree with that. He doesn't have MLB stuff. He is a hard worker but thats it

First time I agree with something with you Joba in pen but Hughes is great

Don't get too carried away yet!:thumbsup:

J.J Putz is overrated and i'd rather have Joba and M is better then K-Rod. so yea we better.

and yea we havent been this good since 03 when we had a great rotation now that we have one again its gonna be hard to beat us.

th3realicon

Rotation player
We also were supposed to be great on paper when we signed Pavano and Jarred Wright. They were saying in the paper that the Yankees secured their rotation for years to come. We all know how that turned out.

Wait and see how CC and AJ will do in NY before claiming we have a great rotation. We are great ON PAPER only. CC can't pitch for sh!t in the playoffs and AJ hasn't really been there. He got signed only based on his performance against us.