Thread: Biggie and Tupac

Hybrid View

Default Biggie and Tupac

So I just watched the movie...Notorious...on tuesday and it was very good.

Thing is that I got educated on what was really going down behind the scenes and the movie plays it out that Biggie and Pac's beef wasn't the reason for them getting murdered. And that Biggie got framed for Pac being jumped at Biggie's studio one day that started everything. That because Biggie never "talked it out" with Pac that it escalted into a west coast/east coast battle that went over board....then they both made songs dissing eachother...so I'm just confused on everything.

One can debate this but I really don't know and never really looked into it so I'm asking everybody who was around at that time following this....what do you think really happened??

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle of what the two sides say, as it usually does...

I do believe that when 2Pac was jumped everyone sort of backed away (despite Puffy saying everyone ran toward him) but mostly that was due to the shock of seeing a shot Shakur stumbling around the lobby. It would not be hard to construe it, from 2Pac's point of view, that Biggie and Puff did not want to lend a helping hand, as they shied away from him...On the flip side, I think 2Pac in a sense was insulted that rather than battle him himself or even address the issue, Biggie sent his guys (Mobb Deep, Jay-Z, Chino XL and even Lil Kim) after 2Pac in rap tracks, there wasn't much in the way of 2Pac being dissed by Biggie. I feel like 2Pac took this as Biggie feeling that 2Pac wasn't on his level, that Prodigy and Havoc and a young as hell Jay-Z would suffice. The beef wasn't so much West v. East as it was Death Row v. Bad Boy, though both were huge on the west and east coasts respectively. 2Pac did not hate all East Coast rappers and even had a guy from Jersey in the Outlaws, rather he hated the way many Bad Boy affiliates responded to Death Row Records...The beef really was all Suge's doing though, calling out Puffy at The Source Awards, and then Snoop getting angry that the east had "no love for Death Row"...

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle of what the two sides say, as it usually does...

I do believe that when 2Pac was jumped everyone sort of backed away (despite Puffy saying everyone ran toward him) but mostly that was due to the shock of seeing a shot Shakur stumbling around the lobby. It would not be hard to construe it, from 2Pac's point of view, that Biggie and Puff did not want to lend a helping hand, as they shied away from him...On the flip side, I think 2Pac in a sense was insulted that rather than battle him himself or even address the issue, Biggie sent his guys (Mobb Deep, Jay-Z, Chino XL and even Lil Kim) after 2Pac in rap tracks, there wasn't much in the way of 2Pac being dissed by Biggie. I feel like 2Pac took this as Biggie feeling that 2Pac wasn't on his level, that Prodigy and Havoc and a young as hell Jay-Z would suffice. The beef wasn't so much West v. East as it was Death Row v. Bad Boy, though both were huge on the west and east coasts respectively. 2Pac did not hate all East Coast rappers and even had a guy from Jersey in the Outlaws, rather he hated the way many Bad Boy affiliates responded to Death Row Records...The beef really was all Suge's doing though, calling out Puffy at The Source Awards, and then Snoop getting angry that the east had "no love for Death Row"...
    true I guess the record labels caused the downfall...there is still huge speculation in it and I'm surprised that both investigations are still open.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

they shoulda picked a diff actor to play tupac and i honestly dont think biggie had anything to do with it. i just dont like the way he handled it, he shoulda came out flat out saying he didnt do/know nothing, the way he handled the situation led everyone to say he played a roll,

and on the Tuoac murder i think Suge Knight had something to do with it. dunno about Biggie though.

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    they shoulda picked a diff actor to play tupac and i honestly dont think biggie had anything to do with it. i just dont like the way he handled it, he shoulda came out flat out saying he didnt do/know nothing, the way he handled the situation led everyone to say he played a roll,

and on the Tuoac murder i think Suge Knight had something to do with it. dunno about Biggie though.
    Who is Suge Knight????

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Who is Suge Knight????
    He's the CEO and founder of Death Row. I heard he killed Tupac because he owed Tupac a bunch of money for an album.