Chris Duhon - Our Most Prized Player and Leader! (Pro Past 2010 Petition)

Scribbles

Rotation player
This is what I'm talking about!

Chris Duhon is the MVP of this team. He is getting overshadowed by everyone else. It's not D. Lee, it's not Wilson Chandler, it's not Al, it's not anyone else.

It's the Du!

I am going to vouch for Duhon past 2010! He has proven that he is a true PG who knows how to spread the floor and get everyone involved. I'm not just saying that because we're winning but rather he has been consistent with his numbers and overall effective play all season so far.

Mar-who? Chris Duhon got his opportunity to prove he is a starter in this league and boy is he proving his skill.

He reminds me of a young Eric Snow.

I'm lobbying for Duhon, he is our leader. He should be captain on this squad.

Not to mention all the charity work he has been doing in CHI and NY this season. Even skipping on an Inaugural Speech Invite from Barack to be with the team during practice!

It's been such a long time since we had a great role model figure represent the Knicks in such a classy, professional and unselfish manner.

Chris Duhon is true class and what the Knicks have always been about.

All in favor of Duhon staying past 2010 say, I.

I.

Talk about being underrated. Watch when the Knicks clinch a playoff berth, only then will he get his due right. Or shall I say Du right. :afro:

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
i have a question u think if we give malik rose and a secound round pick for jamal tinsley indi will take it or jamal jeffries even i doubt that becuse he contract and we could could get him cuase he cant even go to indiana game he like a marbury overthere and the will like an expiring contract and a secound round pick and that will help us so much because i think we need a pg more the a sg right now because u got to thin what happens if duhon get hurt nate can not lead a team and with jamal he could help duhon a lot u know what i mean and he is going to be happy becuse walsh is going to be his boss

JRG3

Benchwarmer
I. But i also thought if Nate robinson developed he could be are point gaurd. if we sign him and in the next year and a half he shows he can be a point then we can keep him. If we get Lebron or wade thay can handle the ball most of the time anyway so a point guard like duhon isnt really necessary

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Vouch on deez

A-Yo, new jack, why you up in here vouching? Are you dolan or that old yoda donnie walsh? Have some humility and stop posting your personal opinions, as if you're a boss on this site. You're not shot-calling, son, but cutting your ass is a lot of fun.

Toons

is the Bo$$
this site is here for people to post their opinions no matter how long they have been here. welcome to the site fellow knick fan....ignore that guy, he is being an as$hole

Paul1355

All Star
This is what I'm talking about!

Chris Duhon is the MVP of this team. He is getting overshadowed by everyone else. It's not D. Lee, it's not Wilson Chandler, it's not Al, it's not anyone else.

It's the Du!

I am going to vouch for Duhon past 2010! He has proven that he is a true PG who knows how to spread the floor and get everyone involved. I'm not just saying that because we're winning but rather he has been consistent with his numbers and overall effective play all season so far.

Mar-who? Chris Duhon got his opportunity to prove he is a starter in this league and boy is he proving his skill.

He reminds me of a young Eric Snow.

I'm lobbying for Duhon, he is our leader. He should be captain on this squad.

Not to mention all the charity work he has been doing in CHI and NY this season. Even skipping on an Inaugural Speech Invite from Barack to be with the team during practice!

It's been such a long time since we had a great role model figure represent the Knicks in such a classy, professional and unselfish manner.

Chris Duhon is true class and what the Knicks have always been about.

All in favor of Duhon staying past 2010 say, I.

I.

Talk about being underrated. Watch when the Knicks clinch a playoff berth, only then will he get his due right. Or shall I say Du right. :afro:

He's better than that bum Eric Snow...Duhon has a great outside shot...has the ability to drive and draw fouls which he should do more...provides good defense...great awareness and is the source for our fluid passing and creative shots that we get....he is the MVP of this team.

Paul1355

All Star
A-Yo, new jack, why you up in here vouching? Are you dolan or that old yoda donnie walsh? Have some humility and stop posting your personal opinions, as if you're a boss on this site. You're not shot-calling, son, but cutting your ass is a lot of fun.

OG, you definetly took a step back with this.....first off your post before you blasted "new jack" was unnesccesary. Who wants Malik Rose? and why would Donnie Walsh give up a pick when he turned down other trade offers because he wouldn't get a pick?

Malik is staying here until his contract runs out...Donnie won't give up a pick to get rid of Malik Rose and get a player who hasn't played in Jamal Tinsley. We don't need another PG in Jamal Tinsley...we DONT need a PG more than a SG...we currently have Duhon, Chandler and Q Rich that play the 2 spot in a game and none of them are shooting guards...we have NO shooting guards. If anything we need a SG that can make some downtown shots consistently.

And if Duhon got hurt...it would kill us because he has been the MVP but you would trust Jamal Tinsley...old and hasn't played...for Nate Robinson??? Nate, who is 10000 times more athletic, knows the system, CAN lead a team which he has numerous times off the bench in his scoring, steals, and defense. He is an overall momentum changer.

I don't know why u blasted that new poster, and why you actually thought you "cut his ass" when your post before made no sense.

Torp

Benchwarmer
Duhon should definitely be our point guard. I mean, unless there is a clearly better choice. I mean, even if we can get steve nash, I would efinitely start Duhon and keep Nash as a backup.

Honestly, everytime a Knick gets the ball, I really don't know what's going to happen. Most of the time, I assume a wild missed shot, or a turnover. BUT, when Duhon gets the ball, I am always at ease and comfortable because I know he will make a wise decision with the ball. That is what I expect in my point guard. He always always has his head up and he is ready to take the three when nobody else is open. I mean, besides for the fact that he seems to airball/brick a shot at least once a game. I have nothing bad to say about Duhon.

New New York

Quiet Storm
OG, you definetly took a step back with this.....first off your post before you blasted "new jack" was unnesccesary. Who wants Malik Rose? and why would Donnie Walsh give up a pick when he turned down other trade offers because he wouldn't get a pick?

Malik is staying here until his contract runs out...Donnie won't give up a pick to get rid of Malik Rose and get a player who hasn't played in Jamal Tinsley. We don't need another PG in Jamal Tinsley...we DONT need a PG more than a SG...we currently have Duhon, Chandler and Q Rich that play the 2 spot in a game and none of them are shooting guards...we have NO shooting guards. If anything we need a SG that can make some downtown shots consistently.

And if Duhon got hurt...it would kill us because he has been the MVP but you would trust Jamal Tinsley...old and hasn't played...for Nate Robinson??? Nate, who is 10000 times more athletic, knows the system, CAN lead a team which he has numerous times off the bench in his scoring, steals, and defense. He is an overall momentum changer.

I don't know why u blasted that new poster, and why you actually thought you "cut his ass" when your post before made no sense.

^^^^Couldnt have said it better!

Back to Duhon, I like him and I think he is a vital peice, but, he still makes too many mistakes to be our MVP. I think D. Lee and Nate have to be it before Chris.

Now Don't get me wrong I like Duhon the kid went from a 3rd string PG to starting PG in NY, not to mention being the reason that Dantoni felt good about leaving Steph out of the rotation, so he has thrived under pressure. But my knock on him is that he still makes bad descisons and they often come at critical points during the game and he has also made some big plays too but your cheif responsibility as a PG is descision making and he can fade in that department at times. But, no doubt he has far exceeded any expectaions.

After all there were posters on this site who said he would be a Bust by mid December. Boy were they wrong!

Ewing

Benchwarmer
By far one of the best PG's that I've seen in a Knick uniform, class and intelligence.
I think he's the one that will be on my jersey.

Toons

is the Bo$$
After all there were posters on this site who said he would be a Bust by mid December. Boy were they wrong!

That "ELITE"poster also said wilson chandler is nothing special at 21 years old, and was keeping track of duhons rocky start.

dre48ny

Rotation player
The crazy shit is that this guy plays in pain with constant back aches. I give credit to D'Antoni as well. New guys coming in after just a few games, a limited bench cause of injuries, and just showing that he can win with the right pieces to fit his style. Duhon a great surprise, but D'Antoni believed in him and gave him a shot to be the starter and has excelled. Good gor the Du!!

clumsy

Rotation player
i was wrong about Duhon he's relatively playing well. Which got me to thinking what would have happened if a better PG had been playing in this system.

I mean we all saw what happened to Nash this year when he played with the OG Black Hole.

Paul1355

All Star
^^^^Couldnt have said it better!

Back to Duhon, I like him and I think he is a vital peice, but, he still makes too many mistakes to be our MVP. I think D. Lee and Nate have to be it before Chris.

Now Don't get me wrong I like Duhon the kid went from a 3rd string PG to starting PG in NY, not to mention being the reason that Dantoni felt good about leaving Steph out of the rotation, so he has thrived under pressure. But my knock on him is that he still makes bad descisons and they often come at critical points during the game and he has also made some big plays too but your cheif responsibility as a PG is descision making and he can fade in that department at times. But, no doubt he has far exceeded any expectaions.

Hey man you really think that Duhon is less valuable on this team then Nate?

I mean you say it's because Duhon's "bad" decision making and turnovers...the guy plays 39 minutes a game..so anyone playing those minutes is bound to make some turnovers. We all know Nate Robinson can go crazy on the court making the stupidest plays in a short amount of time.

Even Mike D has literally screamed at Nate during moer than one game because Nate gets ahead of himself and always does too much or go over board.

The post you wrote at the end just surprised me. I know Nate can change a game single handedly. But Chris Duhon has been consistently scoring in the clutch and dishing most of our assists and making David Lee, Chandler, Harrington, Thomas all better offensive players. It's really a tie between Duhon and Lee if you rate the most productive players this year on this Knicks team.

My opinion is Duhon because he has made Lee a better offensive player.