Game Thread New York Knicks V.S. Indiana Pacers 1/31/09

20-25
    V.S.

18-28
    7:00 PM
    HOME COURT ADVANTAGE

KEEPTHE STREAKALIVE

Insight
    This is clearly a winnable game for us. Danny Granger is not playing, who happens to be the leader of the Pacers this season, hitting clutch shots, blocking shots, and being a complete stalker on defense. We must take advantage of his absence. Dunlevy has been looking for his shot, and can surprise us at anytime as he was the pacers leading scorer last season. As a team, can be as aggressive as we like, seeing how the pacers aren't shooting too well from the line as of late. TJ ford is the only other real threat, and i expect duhon to have him shooting under 45%.

PLAYER MATCH UP

Our floor general, with averaging 12 pts and 8 assists
    vs.

Exploded for 34 pts last night.

5 Keys to Keep the Streak Alive

1. Attack the basket. If Troy Murphy gets in foul trouble, David Lee will have an awesome game. This will open the gateway of 3's from harry, gallo n q.

2. Ball movement. We need to keep the ball moving, make the extra pass and take quality shots.

3. Start Harrington. Chandler has a passive personality, and i think that he would actually prefer coming off the bench. He looks like he has more swag off the bench. Harrington can also draw a few quick fouls on Indy's Bigs if he attacks early and often.

4. Gallo. Gallo has a way of getting the entire team pumped. After a 3 from him, we seem to get a big momentum swing. I noticed that n8 especially gets really pumped when gallo scores.

5. Defense. We cannot be complacent. We are facing the lakers next and we will need to be able to frustrate post players somehow.

TONIGHTS PLAYER SPOTLIGHT

A good showing from Chandler would almost guarantee us a win tonight.

Toons' Fortune Cookie

Knicks - 118
    Pacers - 108

A win tonight will have us on a six out of seven game winning streak to carry us back home for the lakers and the cavs. We protect home pretty well. Lets go Knicks!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

To watch games online:

Throw Back Track of the day Oh ****! I miss real hip hop

Last edited by Toons; Jan 29, 2009 at 20:56.

Nice game thread, toons. That match-up is gonna be crucial. Ford has to be stopped because he can blow up for many points. I see the knicks winning big. Don't think that they have any players that can stop us. Especially with granger out.

great thread... we are on a two game win streak btw winning 5 out of the last six with that one disappointing loss to Philly

Nice intro, yeah definitely a winnable game. The **** that scares me is that the NYK have beaten elite teams but play some bad ball against lower opponents. Man we are inching closer to surpassing 23 wins and it's only been 45 games thus far!!!

Yeah, what worries me about this game is that the Knicks play to the level of their competition. So when we play the elite teams we play like an elite team, and when we play the weak teams we play weak. But, hopefully Nate can keep his hot shooting going. I still got the Knicks winning, but the game will be closer than it should be.

I have a feeling we're gonna blow them out. Granger is out, and I think we're beginning to take things seriously with the playoffs being so close. Also, we're gonna need a win before we face the Lakers, Cavs, and Celtics. Knicks-120 Pacers-99

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

nice thread toons.

i predict we win 115 to 102

and Nate leads the way for us with 23 points and Gallo gets 12 points. DLee gets his usual double double and Chandler has a strong game.

Nice Thread Mr. Toons! Nice Throw Back Joint, that song reminds of me when I first moved out on my own. I used to bump that and Purple Haze the second I walked in the door from work.

Yeah I miss real Hip Hop too. I mean what happened?

Anyways, I hope this isnt a let down game for us. I am really hoping we win 2 of the next 4 and naturally this would be the most likely win, meaning we only have to beat one of the big 3 we face next week.

Default Toons!

Toons man I really think the main matchup is between Granger and Chandler.

If we can;t stop Granger then we are in for a ride because he can win a game by himself. This guy is going to make Chandler play aggressive due to Ganger's good defensive ability. So I'm hoping to see a good game from both sides of the court from both players who are somewhat alike.

This is going to be a SF battle.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Toons man I really think the main matchup is between Granger and Chandler.

If we can;t stop Granger then we are in for a ride because he can win a game by himself. This guy is going to make Chandler play aggressive due to Ganger's good defensive ability. So I'm hoping to see a good game from both sides of the court from both players who are somewhat alike.

This is going to be a SF battle.
    Granger isn't playing.

Its a big game mainly because of what next week intales. Hopefully we can win this game and that way as long as we don't get swept next week at home (which i don't think will happen) we'll be fine. A 2-2 run through this schedule is a win in my book.

Hopefully Jarrett Jack doesn't look like the reincarnation of MJ. He absolutely killed us last game.

But with no Granger we have to come out and take care of business.

WTF happened to Danny??? Not that Im complaing though! lol

We would've maybe had a tough time with this team if Granger was gonna play, but since he's not theres no reason we don't come away with a W in this game. Get it done Knicks!

Toons came outta nowhere and dropped a 5 star game thread....and I like both them songs.

I agree with all 5 of the keys for us to win. #3 was a good one, we might be better off bringin Chandler off the bench. But I think he should definitely be in at the end of the game, thats when he does his best work.

Milwaukee plays toronto tonight...if the bucks lose and we win, were in the playoffs!!!!!!!

Apparently granger recovered ahead of scheduele, and dunlevy dropped 30 last night.....ill edit the thread asap

KnicksonLIN.com

If Danny Granger's playing, the Knicks are in trouble. The Knicks are only 6-16, on the road.