Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Toomer Wont GO back to Giants

  1. #1
    Member JRG3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Toomer Wont GO back to Giants

    <TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%"></TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>FD</TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>LOST</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>1996</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>12.0</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>1997</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>263</TD><TD>16.4</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>1998</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>360</TD><TD>13.3</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>1999</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>79</TD><TD>1183</TD><TD>15.0</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2000</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>1094</TD><TD>14.0</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2001</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>72</TD><TD>1054</TD><TD>14.6</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2002</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>1343</TD><TD>16.4</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>59</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2003</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>63</TD><TD>1057</TD><TD>16.8</TD><TD>77</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>747</TD><TD>14.6</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>684</TD><TD>11.4</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>360</TD><TD>11.3</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>59</TD><TD>760</TD><TD>12.9</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2008</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>580</TD><TD>12.1</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

    Toomer has had an awsome career and i wish him the best next year. Its sad to see it end the way it did.

    News Link [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    sometimes players should come to terms that they can't play forever then they make a fuss out of it and blame it on the team that he's no longer wanted. come on.

  3. #3
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    As much as i love Amani (and as clutch as hew as last post season) he has no burst left. There is no reason to keep him on the squad. Let him join another team, and then when he retires sign him to a 1 day contract so he can retire a Giant.

  4. #4
    Member JRG3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    idk i see were he is coming from he wasnt out there when they lost Burress when he should have been. I want the Giants to get Anquan Boldin and keep toomer.

  5. #5
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Amani Toomer got screwed by Kevin Gilbride...who basically proved that he can't be an offensive coordinator without PLaxico Buress.

    Gilbride told Eli to throw to Toomer 5 times in the last3 or 4 games.

    5 receptions in a couple games! Horrible offensive play calling. When your best WR is out why do you trust rookies over Amani Toomer????

    This is another reason added to the huge list of why to fire Kevin Gilbride.

  6. #6
    Member JRG3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Exactly what im talking about when i say its sad to see it ened the way it did

  7. #7
    Superstar th3realicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    We need to draft/trade for WR. I think Plax and Toomer think that they can get away with everything since the won the SB in NY. Well guess what, nothing is forever and no one is untouchable. I am very comfortable with him leaving. I would give Plax another shot though, ERR i meant chance

    I am more worried with the fact that our best RBs are free agent. I would hate to lose Jacobs and Ward. Derrick i can live with since we also have Bradshaw but we MUST resign Jacobs. He is probably the best player we have.

    What also scares me is the fact that Spags is gone. I think he was the key to our bullet proof defense. Remember we lost both Strahan and Osi in the preseason and he managed to do great without them.

  8. #8
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    yea i was thinking trade up to get a receiver like nicks or heyward-bey but they really really need linebackers. Danny Clark was pretty good and he was excellent against the run. But pierce looked lost down the stretch and Chase Blackburn was starting..WHO? So idk its tough to say whats more important. IMO they should prob draft a LB and they could either sign Houshmanzadeh who i bleieve is an unresticted FA or trade for Boldin who has said he will not return to the cards no matter what-but i think a super bowl ring could change an opinion so we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully plex returns so they dont have to worry about getting that front line guy, but they still need a reciever. Lets asume burress comes back-thats plex and steve smith as the main threats. Then Hixon who needs a lot of work, moss, and manningham how were barely used last year.

  9. #9
    Superstar Giants89FLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Amani Toomer got screwed by Kevin Gilbride...who basically proved that he can't be an offensive coordinator without PLaxico Buress.

    Gilbride told Eli to throw to Toomer 5 times in the last3 or 4 games.

    5 receptions in a couple games! Horrible offensive play calling. When your best WR is out why do you trust rookies over Amani Toomer????

    This is another reason added to the huge list of why to fire Kevin Gilbride.
    Who are these rookies you speak of? Manningham was the only rookie. So there goes that theory. Try again.

    First of all, We had two 1,000 yard rushers in the backfield. We should HAVE THROWN LESS! Not as much as we did. Especially with Eli in that stadium.... I highly doubt toomer meant what he said... It was probably taken entirely out of context. I happen to know Amani, He's a friend of the family and its not his style to say stuff like that.

    th3realicon dont be worried that Spags is gone. Sheridan will run the same exact system with probably better personel, Picture this, Haynesworth and Robbins/cofield to go with Osi and tuck at the ends with Kiwi rotating in at all positions.

  10. #10
    Member JRG3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Im Sorry but Toomer meant what he said and has a reason to feel the way hes does. He was shut out by the giants and will be elsewhere next year.

  11. #11
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    Who are these rookies you speak of? Manningham was the only rookie. So there goes that theory. Try again.

    First of all, We had two 1,000 yard rushers in the backfield. We should HAVE THROWN LESS! Not as much as we did. Especially with Eli in that stadium.... I highly doubt toomer meant what he said... It was probably taken entirely out of context. I happen to know Amani, He's a friend of the family and its not his style to say stuff like that.

    th3realicon dont be worried that Spags is gone. Sheridan will run the same exact system with probably better personel, Picture this, Haynesworth and Robbins/cofield to go with Osi and tuck at the ends with Kiwi rotating in at all positions.
    Okay Giants receivers...........Mannigham Yes....Hixon...never was a starter so he's basically a rookie...Boss...his second year playing big minutes.....Steve Smith...2nd year i think...These guys WERE NEVER primary options on offense..Which was why Amani Toomer should have gotten more passes.

    Our Primary option was Plaxico and the defense of other teams would double Plax and leave those rookie...2nd 3rd option recievers open aall the time.

    Without Plax we had to rely on other guys and Toomer SHOULD have been a big part.

    I never said that Amani talked crap, congrats if your friends with him. I said it was crazy that Gilbride enver gave him the ball in the last couple games and didnt make him a pivitol part of our offense with Plax gone. Toomer had the most skills and experience as a WR on this team..he was the only Veteran reciever so to not pass to him is foolish...agreed??

    And yes I agree that we should have passed less and given the ball to Jacobs and Ward (especially Ward) who only got 12 possessions in the last game vs the Eagles...that is unneccesary when two weeks before he single handedly won the game against the Panthers having over 200 yards rushing.

    If you consider Steve Smith, Hixon, Boss all "experienced" and Veteran WR then your wrong bro. Toomer should have gotten more passes and Jacbos/Ward should have gotten 20 possessions each to run the ball.

    I blamed Gilbride and if you didn't see him get completely outcoached by Jim Johnson, the defensive coordinator from the Eagles, then you haven't seen enough games my friend. Gilbride got out coached in the last game and I don't blame Toomer for leaving.

    Gilbride is a C rating offensive coordiantor without Plax or a top reciever to create the defensive double team...thats my theory. And my other theory is that we lost BECAUSE of that horrible play calling.

  12. #12
    Superstar Giants89FLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Hey Paul1355 my fault if I sounded like a dick in my last reply... Lets put it this way, I trusted all of the recievers the giants had on the field. I really felt we had a great chance of winning going into the game with that receiving corps we had. We also knew their potential and knew what they could do, They all played in the superbowl last year so that deffinately helps when playing in other big games. But to call them rookies, or say they shouldnt be trusted in big games because they arent "experienced" is completely wrong!

    HOWEVER-

    I agree with most of what you said about gilbride. Not so much that toomer was a non factor, But Derrick Ward was a non factor. Ward deff should have gotten more carries and I believe that the giants not running the ball was the main reason why we were one and done. And Gilbride is without a doubt the main reason to blame for that. The Giants offense without the presence of Plax became very predictable. Couple that with horrible winds in the meadowlands and you have the two reasons why we are watching the superbowl this sunday instead of playing with it.

    On to toomer.

    I love Amani, Old reliable. I really would like to see him stay with the Giants or retire. I really think he'll be back next year. Just my gut feeling. He should have been used more in the game, but shoulda coulda woulda. Maybe if one of our recievers have stepped up we wouldnt even be talking about resigning toomer or wanting him back... You never know. Next year will be different. You can bet that ****. I'm still heartbroken over it. I just thank god the Knicks are playing great basketball and that the yankees are right around the corner.

    Again paul sorry if I came off as a dick... Dont take it personal!

  13. #13
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Amani Toomer got screwed by Kevin Gilbride...who basically proved that he can't be an offensive coordinator without PLaxico Buress.

    Gilbride told Eli to throw to Toomer 5 times in the last3 or 4 games.

    5 receptions in a couple games! Horrible offensive play calling. When your best WR is out why do you trust rookies over Amani Toomer????

    This is another reason added to the huge list of why to fire Kevin Gilbride.

    Agreed. I've been calling for Gilbride to be fired for as long as I remember. Even last year before and after the SB. Guy is an idiot.

  14. #14

    Default

    plaxico is responsible for us losing.nobody else.like jacobs said, "we go 15-1, and win the superbowl" that's the simple truth.amani needs to chill.he wants to leave, fine.it was cool having you.

  15. #15
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    Hey Paul1355 my fault if I sounded like a dick in my last reply... Lets put it this way, I trusted all of the recievers the giants had on the field. I really felt we had a great chance of winning going into the game with that receiving corps we had. We also knew their potential and knew what they could do, They all played in the superbowl last year so that deffinately helps when playing in other big games. But to call them rookies, or say they shouldnt be trusted in big games because they arent "experienced" is completely wrong!

    HOWEVER-

    I agree with most of what you said about gilbride. Not so much that toomer was a non factor, But Derrick Ward was a non factor. Ward deff should have gotten more carries and I believe that the giants not running the ball was the main reason why we were one and done. And Gilbride is without a doubt the main reason to blame for that. The Giants offense without the presence of Plax became very predictable. Couple that with horrible winds in the meadowlands and you have the two reasons why we are watching the superbowl this sunday instead of playing with it.

    On to toomer.

    I love Amani, Old reliable. I really would like to see him stay with the Giants or retire. I really think he'll be back next year. Just my gut feeling. He should have been used more in the game, but shoulda coulda woulda. Maybe if one of our recievers have stepped up we wouldnt even be talking about resigning toomer or wanting him back... You never know. Next year will be different. You can bet that ****. I'm still heartbroken over it. I just thank god the Knicks are playing great basketball and that the yankees are right around the corner.

    Again paul sorry if I came off as a dick... Dont take it personal!
    lol its okay man...nothing personal on knicksonline

    They are recievers that should have come through...especially in week 3 when we played the Browns and Plax didnt play and we wound up scoring over 40 points....but this wasn't the Browns.

    And the Eagles game was the icing on the cake that we need a top receiver to have a dominate offense.

    and I want Toomer to come back...his experience and skill alone could have helped us in the last run if Gilbride just included him more.

Similar Threads

  1. We want Metro Back!!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Dec 03, 2007, 03:43
  2. Giants Sign Burress
    By Brian_Coleman_21 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 21, 2005, 21:31
  3. FrankWilliams back or ban
    By rady in forum Hangout
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jun 12, 2004, 07:26
  4. Dice back Friday (Yeah right)
    By SpreeFan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 15, 2003, 10:20
  5. Back In The Game
    By rady in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 19, 2003, 14:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •