NY Yankees 2009 Season Thread

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Damon, Arod, and Tex have been killing it.

Burnett;s putching is "meh", he needs to improve

CC looks well, Andy is ol reliable.

LeFlume

All Star
Yeah finally they woke up. Tex homer from both sides yesterday. Nice little w streak going. 6 and counting. C.C on the mound today.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Nice w streak, 8 games and counting. Yankees are killing pitchers now. :peace:

you had to jinx it man...

nah, im playin. Burnett's ERA is around 5ishh, CC's got it going, Joba's doing iight, hope hes ok, like i said Andy is ol reliable. I think AJ has to get it going. damn

metrocard

Legend
Whether we play good or not, this team can't win in the playoffs without speed, fielding and a bull pen.

I wish we had.

Endy Chavez
Ichiro Suzuki

Two of my favorite out fielders.

and some guys to set up Mariano.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Endy Chavez
Ichiro Suzuki

Endy Chavez? No thank you. I'd much rather Carlos Gomez, the Mets are fools to let him go.
Ichiro, i am with you. The dude's just plain amazing.

and some guys to set up Mariano.

I know this probably will never happen but IF Wang comes back strong and Phil Hughes throws well i would love to see Joba in that 8th inning role again. Add Bruney to the 7th and whatever is left fill in with the current relievers and you have a class pen.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Endy Chavez? No thank you. I'd much rather Carlos Gomez, the Mets are fools to let him go.
Ichiro, i am with you. The dude's just plain amazing.

I know this probably will never happen but IF Wang comes back strong and Phil Hughes throws well i would love to see Joba in that 8th inning role again. Add Bruney to the 7th and whatever is left fill in with the current relievers and you have a class pen.

I think Joba can be our future closer

SMH at losing to Boston 7 times. Come on.

ANU

Starter
the yankees will never win a championship with roidriguez at the 3rd, and joba in the rotation.he belongs in the bullpen.cashman is a moron.the red sox got their number.and its fricking depressing.

Paul1355

All Star
the yankees will never win a championship with roidriguez at the 3rd, and joba in the rotation.he belongs in the bullpen.cashman is a moron.the red sox got their number.and its fricking depressing.
The Yankees improved alot and if you get rid of Wang's crappy starts along with a decent bullpen then you have a team that can be many games ahead in first.

The Yankees are getting older in guys like Posada, Matsui, Damon, Jeter and none of them have decent arms anymore.

Watch the Yankees pick up Carl Crawford who i think is on his last year in Tampa..Ramiro Pena is currently a better fielder than Jeter and is clutch...and a catcher....Fancisco Cervelli seems solid.

The Yankees have a few pieces to fix and the puzzle will be complete to win the 27th world series title.....:thumbsup:

AND Joba is better in the rotation so he can work that curveball more and get more innnings in so Girardi doesn't baby him with this pitch count thing. And I'll be surprised if Boston ever wins a world series with out Manny Ramirez...Bay is good but not Manny.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
So how bout CC leaving the game in the 1st inning and ARod resting one game per week till the all star game....

They better be ready for the subway series coming up.

Question- what's the best and fastest way to acquire tickets to the mets and yankees series this weekend?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
They better be ready for the subway series coming up.

Question- what's the best and fastest way to acquire tickets to the mets and yankees series this weekend?

have you checked the yankees official site? mlb.com and go to teams, yankees, there should be a link somewhere

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
have you checked the yankees official site? mlb.com and go to teams, yankees, there should be a link somewhere

Nah, not yet. I will though. Thanks, streets. Really want to see that match-up. Citifield is mad close to where I'm at, so this will be a great opportunity to check out my first baseball game.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Nah, not yet. I will though. Thanks, streets. Really want to see that match-up. Citifield is mad close to where I'm at, so this will be a great opportunity to check out my first baseball game.

if youre going to citifield, you gotta go to the mets site...