NY Yankees 2009 Season Thread

th3realicon

Rotation player
Well, we keep discussing Yankee matters in topics that are player specific so i thought to open a thread that is more team oriented.
First of all great free agent signings. We addressed our greatest need which is the rotation with 2 ace like starters in CC and AJ. Also bringing Andy back was the smart thing to do especially at the price tag we got him.
Joba should be a starter no question about it. he has electric stuff and will be anchoring our rotation in the future. I hope Wang comes back from injury without any major issues as we know usually pitchers coming back from long rehabilitations struggle.

Rotation:
1) CC Sabathia
2) AJ Burnett
3) Chien M. Wang
4) Joba Chamberlain
5) Andy Pettitte

Pen:
Edwar Ramirez
Jose Veras
Damaso marte
Brian Bruney
Phil Coke
Mariano Rivera

As far as the line up goes the major addition is Texeira. We needed a big time 1B to cover up the void left by Giambi and we got not only a premiere hitter but a first class defender as well. Put him on the 4 slot behind A-Rod and the lineup gets a major bust of confidence. Hopefully Damon will be able to be his old self and perform well as a lead off hitter. jeter should be our number 2 hitter. From 5 and up it is really up in the air. Possada should be back, hopefully Cano can bounce back from his down year as well. Nick Swisher should be a great insurance policy in the outfield where i would keep Damon platooning with melky at center and Nady and Matsui in the corners with Swisher filling in here and there.
The line Up:

C Jorge Posada (Batting 5th)

SS Derek Jeter (Batting 2nd)
1B Mark Texeira (Batting 4rth)
2B Robinson Cano (Batting 6th)
3B Alexander Rodriguez (Batting 3rd)

LF Xavier Nady (Batting 7th)
RF Nick Swisher (Batting 9th)
CF Johny Damon (batting 1st)

DH Hideki Matsui (Batting 8th)

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Anybody get any tickets yet for this year?? Anyone got anything in mind? I deff want to hit up both new stadiums this year in the inaugural season.

th3realicon

Rotation player
There is no reason to go to Citi Field. I repeat there is no reason to go to Citi Field. :D

Children play ground or not this is indeed the best stadium billions can buy. I am pretty sure they will find a place for kids to play.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Yankees vs Mets in new yankee stadium

Mets vs Yankees in citi field

and

Yankkes vs Red Sox in new yankee stadium

Paul1355

All Star
Anybody get any tickets yet for this year?? Anyone got anything in mind? I deff want to hit up both new stadiums this year in the inaugural season.

Yea man I'm seeing the Texas Rangers and Yankees in the new stadium on June 3.

Yankee tickets are so much money so the best games to go to are teh Ranger, Rays, Orioles, games etc....its not even worth going to a Yankee/Boston game...the cheapest ticket is a bleacher ticket for like 60 bucks.

Paul1355

All Star
ima deff cop me some tickets.

Hey DatPrince...this site really helped me visualize were my seats would be and is great when finding Yankee tickets.

Its a virtual view of how every single seat would look if you were actually sitting and watching the game to check what seats are really better than others, so you don't get screwed when you go to the game.

Check this out while your choosing tickets...i guarantee it will help you out.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/new_stadium_seat_selector.jsp

And when looking at tickets just find the games that go for $13 cheapest tickets and you can get a good seat for around 80 and up.

If the Yanks face a good team your almost throwing money away.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thanks Paul ima def be getting yankee tickets i wanna tell m kids and grandkids i went to the inaugural season at new yankee stadium.

i could get some tickets for free too so ima take advantage of that

you know what sucks i had tickets to the game Arod hit the gamewinning grandslam vs. the Orioles but i didnt go cause i was busy.......damn that sucks lmao

Paul1355

All Star
thanks Paul ima def be getting yankee tickets i wanna tell m kids and grandkids i went to the inaugural season at new yankee stadium.

i could get some tickets for free too so ima take advantage of that

you know what sucks i had tickets to the game Arod hit the gamewinning grandslam vs. the Orioles but i didnt go cause i was busy.......damn that sucks lmao

If that happened to me then i'd blow off any other busy things I have to do for a Yankee game in the future lol

Hey if u can get free tickets, go for it. Just that they are probably bleacher seats.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
lmao yea i learned my lesson........my dad gets em for free and gives em to me so im straight even if i gotta sit in the bleachers.....but the tickets i got werent bleacher they were decent seats

th3realicon

Rotation player
Was weird seeing Derek Jeter bat against Yankee pitching today. It felt unrela. Like something you only see in video games. :) I am kind of starting to feel this baseball world cup sort of thing. It will be interesting.