NY Yankees 2009 Season Thread

metrocard

Legend
Any Yankee fan who hated A'Rod is a scumbag. I've been an A'Rod supporter since he was a hot prospect in the 1990's.

He's going to retire as a Yankee, and will continue to be the man in the playoffs from here and now.

Boston is going to get swept and Yankees will get their revenge on the Angels!

KingCharles34

All Star
Im going to have to apologize to A-Rod but hes definitely proved all his critics wrong with how well hes played....this is our year get the brooms out tomorrow :)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this is our year guys! 2 more rounds to go till mission accomplished

A-Rod is finally the clutch player we wanted him to be i hope he could continue vs the angels

Paul1355

All Star
this is our year guys! 2 more rounds to go till mission accomplished

A-Rod is finally the clutch player we wanted him to be i hope he could continue vs the angels

The Angels and Yankees are the two best teams left in the playoffs....whoever wins this series will win the Championship.

After the Angels the only real threat is if the Dodgers make the Championship...reason is because Manny will always kill the Yankees...but i would love to see Torre lose AGAIN and to a better rookie manager in Joe Girardi.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
FOR THE MOTHAFUKKIN WIN!!!

Was only able to see that last inning but was told CC had a great game. We need the strong pitching to continue for us to keep on winning against these type of good teams.

Pricey

Rotation player
You're surrounded by Yankee (and Anti-LA) fans, son.

Vladdy hasn't been THAT relevant since 07.

Damn man, whats up with NY? When we score first, we blow it!

pfft. Vlad is wicked. Came up with the goods in this match.

You scored 1st in the other 2 games against us didnt you?

Paul1355

All Star
I'm Worried

pfft. Vlad is wicked. Came up with the goods in this match.

You scored 1st in the other 2 games against us didnt you?
Vlad has sucked the first two games...he got lucky that Pettite missed his spot and threw a cutter right down the middle and Vlad got a hold of it.

The Angels won because Joe Girardi completely over-managed and used every good arm in his bullpen to early. Girardi has been so scared about extending his starters pitches and extending his relief pitchers that it is becoming ridiculous.

One example made by Michael Kay during the Yankee post game show..."Why would Joe Girardi take out Damaso Marte for Phil Coke?" They are both lefty pitchers and each of them pitched to one batter! Girardi is wasting his relief pitchers because he is obsessed with matchup statistics.

Watch Yankee fans....as long as our bottom lineup fails to hit with RISP and as long as Girardi uses every pitcher every game...the Angels can easily come back and beat us. MIke Scoscia is too smart of a manager and the Angels are too good of a team to not take advantage of these mistakes being made.

Pricey

Rotation player
Vlad has sucked the first two games...he got lucky that Pettite missed his spot and threw a cutter right down the middle and Vlad got a hold of it.

The Angels won because Joe Girardi completely over-managed and used every good arm in his bullpen to early. Girardi has been so scared about extending his starters pitches and extending his relief pitchers that it is becoming ridiculous.

One example made by Michael Kay during the Yankee post game show..."Why would Joe Girardi take out Damaso Marte for Phil Coke?" They are both lefty pitchers and each of them pitched to one batter! Girardi is wasting his relief pitchers because he is obsessed with matchup statistics.

Watch Yankee fans....as long as our bottom lineup fails to hit with RISP and as long as Girardi uses every pitcher every game...the Angels can easily come back and beat us. MIke Scoscia is too smart of a manager and the Angels are too good of a team to not take advantage of these mistakes being made.
Thats a very good point.

Im just glad we didnt make any significant fielding errors of note like in Game 1 and 2 :D

Paul1355

All Star
Thats a very good point.

Im just glad we didnt make any significant fielding errors of note like in Game 1 and 2 :D

Yea thats true about the errors...if the Angels were solid in the field then this might be a 2-1 series in the Angels favor.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we win tonight and close out the series on saturday

and we face the phillies in the world series and we win in 5

new york goes nuts and i go to manhattan haha

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
How could a professional baseball player overrun a fly ball?!?!?! SMFH

The lack of athleticism in baseball is so fukkin sad...