NY Yankees 2009 Season Thread

Paul1355

All Star
The only good sign is if he put the bat on the ball in game 3...if we have more low scoring production then i dont see us winning the championship.

We have great pitchers but the phillies have homerun hitters..we can easily lose this series if we don't capitalize with runners in scoring position.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Nick Swisher's bat has woken up......

Great game for the Yanks....If we win tomorrow we have a good chance...

Andy had a solid start. Nothing too bad. Plus, had an RBI. This is the way our Yankees played the regular season, hopefully we keep this up.

Jayson Werth looks like Edge from WWE, loll.

Paul1355

All Star
Game 3 was huge...for the first time i am impressed with the Yankee offense. They finally got multiple hits with runners in scoring position. They did not rely on the homerun ball for the first time since they scored 10 runs off the Angels.

Can't be any happier with CC, AJ, and Any P..all are playing at a very high level and coming through every game.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I did too... I still say if Marte pitched the 7th and not Cocksucker Phil Faggot Coke, We win that game... In Fact we would've tied it in the ninth 6-6. Coke came in and gave up two homeruns to utley and ibanez... Last night you could hear life being taken right out of the phillies fans with the tying run at the plate in the ninth with nobody out. I blame girardi for last night... Its the world series, you go with your BEST players this time of year.... Just like this bullshit that Molina has to catch burnett ****ing ridiculous...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Ome mooooooore win tho. It will be so much sweeter to win at home!

Hell no. I wanted the Yanks to rub that trophy in their motha effin faces.

Somebody in mlb has got to test utley for steroids right NOW!!! not even bonds/alex on steroids were capable of doing what utley is doing.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Hell no. I wanted the Yanks to rub that trophy in their motha effin faces.

Somebody in mlb has got to test utley for steroids right NOW!!! not even bonds/alex on steroids were capable of doing what utley is doing.
Sure they are... ****ing AJ Burnett put that ball on a Tee For Utley... Tailing fastball right over the heart of the plate.... You or I could have hit that ball out Sly...

johnstarky

Rotation player
If AJ Burnett hadn't pitched a gem in game two I probably would have called his signing another Brian Cashman blunder.But I didn't really expect Mr.Inconsistent to give the Yankees another stellar outing yesterday.When he is hitting batters, missing the strike zone by 5 feet, giving up cheap hits and pitching on the road it is very difficult for the Yankee offense to constantly rally back.I was never against the move to have AJ pitch on 3 days rest since Chad Gaudin has only pitched 1 inning in the post season and wasn't going to out pitch Cliff lee, who is the only reason why the Phillies are in the World Series.

I trust Andy Pettitte tomorrow night even if he pitched on Saturday.The reason why I am certain that he will win it for the Yankees is the previous clinching games that the Yankees won this season.In every game that clinched something for the Yankees Andy Pettitte was starting that game for them.When the Yankees clinched the American League East against the Boston Red Sox Andy Pettitte got the win, when they swept the Minnesota Twins in game 3 of the ALDS Pettitte was the pitcher that started the game, in game 6 of the ALCS Pettitte win the game for the Yankees and now he is due to win game 6 and clinch a championship for the Yankees.

It's no coincidence that Andy Pettitte will be on the mound tomorrow.

Let's Go Yankees!!! Win number 27!!!!!

LeFlume

All Star
Home sweet home New York-New York. The city & State deserves to celebrate at home. New Yankee Stadium and all. It needs to be at home..

rady

Administrator
Staff member
a little OT, probably some of you have seen this but for those who didn't here's a stunning gigapan made by David Bergman at the first World Series game at the new yankee stadium :thumbsup:

http://bit.ly/3WCyey