Thread: Lakers at Knicks 2/2/09

Hybrid View

Game Thread Lakers at Knicks 2/2/09

LA Lakers 37-9

vs
    NY Knicks 21-25

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="8" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Gameday Matchup</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td>
    </td> <td>W-L</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PA</td> <td>HOME</td> <td>ROAD</td> <td>STK</td> <td>L10</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">LAL</td> <td>37-9</td> <td>108.3</td> <td>99.6</td> <td>23-4</td> <td>14-5</td> <td>W2</td> <td>7-3</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">NY</td> <td>21-25</td> <td>104.1</td> <td>106.1</td> <td>14-9</td> <td>7-16</td> <td>W3</td> <td>7-3</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">2008-09 Season</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td colspan="3" align="center">Los Angeles leads 1-0</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>Tue 12/16</td><td> @LAL 116, NY 114</td><td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>Feb 2, 2009</td><td> LAL @ NY</td><td>7:30 PM ET</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Injury Report</td></tr><tr class="colhead" valign="top"><td>LOS ANGELES</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>&#183; [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C - Feb 1: Day-to-Day
    </td></tr> <tr class="colhead" valign="top"><td>NEW YORK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>&#183; [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C - Feb 1: Day-to-Day</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Depth Chart</td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td>POS</td><td>LOS ANGELES (PPG)</td><td>NEW YORK (PPG)</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">PG </td><td align="left"><nobr>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 10.9</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 12.7</nobr></td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">SG </td><td align="left"><nobr>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 26.6</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 11.6</nobr></td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">SF </td><td align="left"><nobr>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 6.2</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 13.9</nobr></td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">PF </td><td align="left"><nobr>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 17.6</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 4.3</nobr></td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">C </td><td align="left"><nobr>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 14.0</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 15.9</nobr></td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">&#183; [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    &#183; Team rosters: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" colspan="5" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Today's Line</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="center"> <td width="28&#37;">FAVORITE</td> <td width="18%">OPEN</td> <td width="18%">CUR</td> <td width="24%">UNDERDOG</td> <td width="12%">O/U</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="center"> <td>LOS ANGELES</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> <td><nobr>@NEW YORK</nobr></td> <td>--</td></tr></tbody></table>

As the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] remain concerned about one of their top players, the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] are ready to embark on a grueling stretch of home games.
    Two of the NBA's hottest teams look to continue their recent success when they meet Monday night at Madison Square Garden.Los Angeles (37-9) is trying for its third straight victory on a six-game road trip after a 115-98 win at Memphis on Saturday. The Lakers, though, are likely to be without improving young center [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for this contest.Bynum, who was coming into his own during his fourth NBA season and averaging 26.2 points and 13.8 rebounds in his previous five games, hurt his knee in the first quarter Saturday after teammate [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] crashed into his right leg.The 21-year-old, 7-footer didn't return, but X-rays were negative. He underwent an MRI on Sunday, but the team said results would not be known until Monday."Everybody's just upset for him and disappointed for him," said Bryant of Bynum, who missed the final 46 games last season after bruising a bone in his knee and briefly dislocating his kneecap. "But hopefully everything will be OK. We're all optimistic about it."Regardless, the Western Conference's top team must turn its focus to New York (21-25), which has won six of its last seven games. The Knicks, though, open a brutal stretch that includes visits from Eastern Conference powers Cleveland on Wednesday and Boston on Friday."We've got a huge test with three teams coming in here that we're going to need to get a couple victories, and I think we've got a chance to do it," said forward [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of the Knicks, who are one half-game back of Milwaukee for the final playoff spot in the East.First up are the Lakers, who have won six of their last seven overall and the last three meetings with the Knicks.Bryant scored 25 points and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] added 24 and eight rebounds Saturday against his former team.Bryant had 28 points in a 116-114 home win over New York on Dec. 16 and is averaging 30.5 on 49.5 percent shooting in his last four games versus the Knicks. He had 39, 11 rebounds and eight assists in his last visit to MSG, where the Lakers won 95-90 on Dec. 23, 2007.Los Angeles, though, is facing a much improved New York team that's looking for a fourth straight victory overall and sixth in a row at home.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] scored 31 points and Lee added 23 with 17 rebounds in New York's 122-113 win at Indiana on Saturday. The Knicks shot 48.9 percent in moving within two wins of matching their total from last season."I'm pleased with the way we're playing and the group we have because they're really trying," first-year Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said. "We won't look back, we'll look forward. We want to make the playoffs, we've said that all along."Harrington is helping them do that, averaging 20.5 points and 6.3 rebounds in 33 games since joining the Knicks and their up-tempo offense after being traded from Golden State."This is the perfect style of play for me," said Harrington, who is averaging 14.5 points in 19 games versus the Lakers. "I'm having a lot of fun and I haven't had fun in a while."Lee, an All-Star snub, is averaging 20.2 points and 14.3 rebounds in his last six contests.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] had a season-high 33 points for the Knicks in the December loss at Los Angeles. -ESPN
    lol Kobe as a Knick:

GO KNICKS

I thought you said it was up for grabs? Can a mod delete the one I made.

NEW YORK -- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] center [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] will miss eight to 12 weeks after tearing the medial collateral ligament in his right knee.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I hate when players get hurt but I surely won't miss the numbers he put up lately. In the five games before he was hurt, he was averaging 26.2 points, 13.8 rebounds and 3.2 blocks and shooting 65.3 percent from the field.

bynum and jefferies wil lbe out this game. they are still a good team with gasol and vlad rad. kobe will try to carry the team with bynum out, we will have to stay aware or the lakers 3 pt marksmen. duhon and fish is my matchup to watch

Im upset about bynum gettin hurt...he was puttin up huge numbers. He wont be coming back until at least early April now, and its gonna be hard for him to do what he was doing. The way the Lakers were playing i dont think anyone was stoppin them. Just look at the numbers Bynum was puttin up the 5 games before he got hurt:

25.8pts
    13.4rbs
    3.2blks
    64.9fg%
    82.5 ft%

anyways, nice thread Jpz. I believe we do have a chance tonight. If Bynum didnt get hurt, we would have no chance.

About the only good thing about those next 3 games is that the lakers don't have Bynum for tonight and we play cleveland and boston on second night of their back-to-back games. Cleveland play toronto at home tuesday before coming to NY for wednesday game and boston play host to lakers on thursday and come to the Garden on friday.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Im upset about bynum gettin hurt...he was puttin up huge numbers. He wont be coming back until at least early April now, and its gonna be hard for him to do what he was doing. The way the Lakers were playing i dont think anyone was stoppin them. Just look at the numbers Bynum was puttin up the 5 games before he got hurt:

25.8pts
    13.4rbs
    3.2blks
    64.9fg%
    82.5 ft%

anyways, nice thread Jpz. I believe we do have a chance tonight. If Bynum didnt get hurt, we would have no chance.

In my opinion, the guy that Kobe needs most is Gasol: he makes the ball move: 4 assists per game, is consistently a good rebounder, good help D, constantly runs screens, rolls to the basket and can finish, and is clutch; and he's done this for a long time, not just five games. Trautwig and Frazier failed to mention him, at all, during pre-game, and Gasol wound up destroying the Knick frontline.

Before Gasol got to the Lakers, they weren't even making the post-season. Last year, after getting Pau, the Lakers almost won a title: dude dominated Camby and Boozer, held his own against Duncan and, against Garnett, just didn't receive passes from the laker point guards. It would've been better for the Lakers to have Bynum, but I think it would have been worst if they had lost Gasol.