Lakers at Knicks 2/2/09

jpz17

Starter
LA Lakers 37-9
LakersLogo250_240x160.jpg

vs
NY Knicks 21-25
243px-New_York_Knicks_logo.svg.png

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="8" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Gameday Matchup</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td>
</td> <td>W-L</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PA</td> <td>HOME</td> <td>ROAD</td> <td>STK</td> <td>L10</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">LAL</td> <td>37-9</td> <td>108.3</td> <td>99.6</td> <td>23-4</td> <td>14-5</td> <td>W2</td> <td>7-3</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">NY</td> <td>21-25</td> <td>104.1</td> <td>106.1</td> <td>14-9</td> <td>7-16</td> <td>W3</td> <td>7-3</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">2008-09 Season</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td colspan="3" align="center">Los Angeles leads 1-0</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>Tue 12/16</td><td> @LAL 116, NY 114</td><td>Recap | Box Score</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>Feb 2, 2009</td><td> LAL @ NY</td><td>7:30 PM ET</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Injury Report</td></tr><tr class="colhead" valign="top"><td>LOS ANGELES</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>· Andrew Bynum C - Feb 1: Day-to-Day
</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" valign="top"><td>NEW YORK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>· Jared Jeffries C - Feb 1: Day-to-Day</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Depth Chart</td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td>POS</td><td>LOS ANGELES (PPG)</td><td>NEW YORK (PPG)</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">PG </td><td align="left"><nobr>D. Fisher 10.9</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>C. Duhon 12.7</nobr></td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">SG </td><td align="left"><nobr>K. Bryant 26.6</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>Q. Richardson 11.6</nobr></td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">SF </td><td align="left"><nobr>V. Radmanovic 6.2</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>W. Chandler 13.9</nobr></td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">PF </td><td align="left"><nobr>P. Gasol 17.6</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>J. Jeffries 4.3</nobr></td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right" valign="top"><td align="left">C </td><td align="left"><nobr>A. Bynum 14.0</nobr></td><td align="left"><nobr>D. Lee 15.9</nobr></td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">· View full depth chart
· Team rosters: Los Angeles | New York</td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" colspan="5" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Today's Line</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="center"> <td width="28%">FAVORITE</td> <td width="18%">OPEN</td> <td width="18%">CUR</td> <td width="24%">UNDERDOG</td> <td width="12%">O/U</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="center"> <td>LOS ANGELES</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> <td><nobr>@NEW YORK</nobr></td> <td>--</td></tr></tbody></table>

As the Los Angeles Lakers remain concerned about one of their top players, the New York Knicks are ready to embark on a grueling stretch of home games.
Two of the NBA's hottest teams look to continue their recent success when they meet Monday night at Madison Square Garden.Los Angeles (37-9) is trying for its third straight victory on a six-game road trip after a 115-98 win at Memphis on Saturday. The Lakers, though, are likely to be without improving young center Andrew Bynum for this contest.Bynum, who was coming into his own during his fourth NBA season and averaging 26.2 points and 13.8 rebounds in his previous five games, hurt his knee in the first quarter Saturday after teammate Kobe Bryant crashed into his right leg.The 21-year-old, 7-footer didn't return, but X-rays were negative. He underwent an MRI on Sunday, but the team said results would not be known until Monday."Everybody's just upset for him and disappointed for him," said Bryant of Bynum, who missed the final 46 games last season after bruising a bone in his knee and briefly dislocating his kneecap. "But hopefully everything will be OK. We're all optimistic about it."Regardless, the Western Conference's top team must turn its focus to New York (21-25), which has won six of its last seven games. The Knicks, though, open a brutal stretch that includes visits from Eastern Conference powers Cleveland on Wednesday and Boston on Friday."We've got a huge test with three teams coming in here that we're going to need to get a couple victories, and I think we've got a chance to do it," said forward David Lee of the Knicks, who are one half-game back of Milwaukee for the final playoff spot in the East.First up are the Lakers, who have won six of their last seven overall and the last three meetings with the Knicks.Bryant scored 25 points and Pau Gasol added 24 and eight rebounds Saturday against his former team.Bryant had 28 points in a 116-114 home win over New York on Dec. 16 and is averaging 30.5 on 49.5 percent shooting in his last four games versus the Knicks. He had 39, 11 rebounds and eight assists in his last visit to MSG, where the Lakers won 95-90 on Dec. 23, 2007.Los Angeles, though, is facing a much improved New York team that's looking for a fourth straight victory overall and sixth in a row at home.Al Harrington scored 31 points and Lee added 23 with 17 rebounds in New York's 122-113 win at Indiana on Saturday. The Knicks shot 48.9 percent in moving within two wins of matching their total from last season."I'm pleased with the way we're playing and the group we have because they're really trying," first-year Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said. "We won't look back, we'll look forward. We want to make the playoffs, we've said that all along."Harrington is helping them do that, averaging 20.5 points and 6.3 rebounds in 33 games since joining the Knicks and their up-tempo offense after being traded from Golden State."This is the perfect style of play for me," said Harrington, who is averaging 14.5 points in 19 games versus the Lakers. "I'm having a lot of fun and I haven't had fun in a while."Lee, an All-Star snub, is averaging 20.2 points and 14.3 rebounds in his last six contests.Nate Robinson had a season-high 33 points for the Knicks in the December loss at Los Angeles. -ESPN
lol Kobe as a Knick:
3505_large.jpg

kobe_bryant.jpg

GO KNICKS

Toons

is the Bo$$
bynum and jefferies wil lbe out this game. they are still a good team with gasol and vlad rad. kobe will try to carry the team with bynum out, we will have to stay aware or the lakers 3 pt marksmen. duhon and fish is my matchup to watch

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im upset about bynum gettin hurt...he was puttin up huge numbers. He wont be coming back until at least early April now, and its gonna be hard for him to do what he was doing. The way the Lakers were playing i dont think anyone was stoppin them. Just look at the numbers Bynum was puttin up the 5 games before he got hurt:

25.8pts
13.4rbs
3.2blks
64.9fg%
82.5 ft%

anyways, nice thread Jpz. I believe we do have a chance tonight. If Bynum didnt get hurt, we would have no chance.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
About the only good thing about those next 3 games is that the lakers don't have Bynum for tonight and we play cleveland and boston on second night of their back-to-back games. Cleveland play toronto at home tuesday before coming to NY for wednesday game and boston play host to lakers on thursday and come to the Garden on friday.

I hope Dantoni realizes that Wilson will have to play alot of minutes tonight to guard Kobe. Cause he will eat QSnitch aka Qbrick alive. Especially with Bynum out now. You know Kobe's gonna pick up the slack.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice thread JPZ....and JayJ i was diggin your thread too and u had i nice choice of song...one of my favs.

anyways somethings telling me we win this game, another big game from Nate.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks have played well, these past 3 weeks. The way they've been playing, they have a good chance of winning. I still think the Lakers are going to get the win, but the game should be close throughout.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
WTF I'm not getting it on any channel where I live, so mad. MSG is XC madness or some crap then poker, MSG Plus is college hoops and so is the overflow channel, then the other one TWC-Rochester sometimes puts it on is freaking gems tv, so pissed right now

Scribbles

Rotation player
Why's there so many damn Laker fans at MSG.

WTF.

That's wack.

There's actually legitimate cheering for LA in the stands.

amilion

Benchwarmer
Our fanfare is embarrassing!!! Are they in LA or the Garden?!?! That shit is pissing me off. Kobe is taking the Knicks outta the game....they look like they're letting it damage their confidence.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Our fanfare is embarrassing!!! Are they in LA or the Garden?!?! That shit is pissing me off. Kobe is taking the Knicks outta the game....they look like they're letting it damage their confidence.

Yea, Garden crowd look like jock sniffers for Kobe

And the Knicks just couldnt afford to not hit their threes in this game.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Our fanfare is embarrassing!!! Are they in LA or the Garden?!?! That shit is pissing me off.

Echo that.

Kobe is killing us.

34 points in the first half - and he sat out for a good 8 minutes as well. I smell a 60 point embarrassment.

But Chandler is doing the best he could defending him, plus he's doing good on offense as well.

Nate is atrocious so far.