Lakers at Knicks 2/2/09

amilion

Benchwarmer
Yeah, if I was there I don't think I'd be able to keep my composure lol I'd be kicked out for punching a laker fan

kobes just got the best shot in the game. cant defend it. knicks gotta take advantage when he's sitting. They gotta stay under control. Alot of the first half nate looked like nate of old-undisciplined. We'll see what happens in the 2ns half.

amilion

Benchwarmer
Another thing..lol...kobe is practically doing it on his own...he pretty much has half their points. Scratch that...he has more than half! The Knicks need to just tighten up. Cut down turnovers, move the ball, get good looks. Some of the shots they're taking are ridiculous (nate hitting the side of the backboard?!?!). We're acting like we can't handle the pressure...we gotta step up 2nd half big time.

JayJ44

Starter
I think some of the players are nervous with all this pressure. Most of their shots are off, and they're not moving the ball well most of the time. Hopefully they can get over it in the 2nd half. And hopefully Kobe will cool down, he was unstoppable. I hope those laker fans in the crowd get beat down after the game lol.

Scribbles

Rotation player
What is this bulls***?

Kickball? WHERE?! Tim Donaghy....

That blew everything. Now it's a 12 point lead. This game is done.

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
Lakers are defending very strictly, Knick has lots difficulties to find spaces for shooting or penetrating. Bryant is mistaking nothing, he is playing practically alone... Kobe @ Knicks

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Im upset about bynum gettin hurt...he was puttin up huge numbers. He wont be coming back until at least early April now, and its gonna be hard for him to do what he was doing. The way the Lakers were playing i dont think anyone was stoppin them. Just look at the numbers Bynum was puttin up the 5 games before he got hurt:

25.8pts
13.4rbs
3.2blks
64.9fg%
82.5 ft%

anyways, nice thread Jpz. I believe we do have a chance tonight. If Bynum didnt get hurt, we would have no chance.

In my opinion, the guy that Kobe needs most is Gasol: he makes the ball move: 4 assists per game, is consistently a good rebounder, good help D, constantly runs screens, rolls to the basket and can finish, and is clutch; and he's done this for a long time, not just five games. Trautwig and Frazier failed to mention him, at all, during pre-game, and Gasol wound up destroying the Knick frontline.

Before Gasol got to the Lakers, they weren't even making the post-season. Last year, after getting Pau, the Lakers almost won a title: dude dominated Camby and Boozer, held his own against Duncan and, against Garnett, just didn't receive passes from the laker point guards. It would've been better for the Lakers to have Bynum, but I think it would have been worst if they had lost Gasol.

Scribbles

Rotation player
The Knicks just disgraced franchise history.

SMFH @ Kobe breaking Jordan's infamous 55 and Bernard King's historic 60.

30+ FGA - ballhog at its finest.

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
WTF!!!!! Why New York is supporting Kobe? Spectators must insult him and beat him after the match!!!!
F*** you Kobe!!!!!!

Scribbles

Rotation player
Madison Square Garden officially sold it's soul.

R.I.P.

We need a new arena.

Those MVP chants are just...sad.

amilion

Benchwarmer
I'm embarrassed....I don't care how good a player is (other than MJ)...nobody should be scoring 61 at our home...Lebron better not come in here Wednesday thinking he can do the same.