Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kobe drops 60!

I sure was'nt cheering for the guy and it really pissed me off hearing all those fans cheering for him the whole game.That could'nt have been all Lakers fans b/c it was to loud.
    Last edited by WVKnickfan; Feb 02, 2009 at 23:42.

Banned

It drives me INSANE when our fans cheer for players with other jerseys on that are killing us.

I hate Michael Jordan more then any other sports athlete, the guy killed us year after year. Yet when he returned to the Garden, some Knicks fans would cheer him. Some Knicks fans wanted him to score, and went crazy when he did came back as a Wizard.

I dare one of you Knicks fans to call yourself a Knicks fan if you cheered for Michael Jordan, because your NOT.

And if you cheered for Kobe tonight while we are fighting for playoff position, then you guys are fake little *****. Do the Knicks organization and their real fans a favor and don’t wear our merchandise.

Originally Posted by King Ewing
    It drives me INSANE when our fans cheer for players with other jerseys on that are killing us.

I hate Michael Jordan more then any other sports athlete, the guy killed us year after year. Yet when he returned to the Garden, some Knicks fans would cheer him. Some Knicks fans wanted him to score, and went crazy when he did came back as a Wizard.

I dare one of you Knicks fans to call yourself a Knicks fan if you cheered for Michael Jordan, because your NOT.

And if you cheered for Kobe tonight while we are fighting for playoff position, then you guys are fake little *****. Do the Knicks organization and their real fans a favor and don’t wear our merchandise.
    I completly agree with everything you said.Jordan kept Ewing from his DESERVED championship ring for years.I can't stand the guy and he isn't the best that I have seen... Magic Johnson is the best that I have ever seen and imo he is the best ever.
    Last edited by WVKnickfan; Feb 03, 2009 at 00:00.

And if you cheered for Kobe tonight while we are fighting for playoff position, then you guys are fake little *****. Do the Knicks organization and their real fans a favor and donít wear our merchandise.
    You seem a little upset. What, did kobe not sign your trading card? Lol

Banned

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    You seem a little upset. What, did kobe not sign your trading card? Lol
    I just cant stand when our fans cheer other players that come into our house and kill us.

I just cant stand when our fans cheer other players that come into our house and kill us.
    Yea I get what you mean. Somebody should of kneed kobe in the nuts...

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Don't forget that Micheal Jordan had Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman and Toni Kukoc....Kobe just has Gasol.

When he had Shaq they would have wooped anyone.
    You're nuts, if you're underestimating Gasol. In case you don't know, before Gasol came to the Lakers, they were perennial 9th seeds. After Gasol, they were legit: went straight to the finals. Gasol is way better than any of those guys you listed: Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, except for Shaq: the most dominant player in the history of the NBA. He also dominated Boozer and Camby, last year in the playoffs. The guy's an all-star, picked by the coaches, who actually know basketball, for a reason. He also dropped 31 on your precious Harrington-Lee frontline.

This thread wasn't started to praise Kobe. Thats why I said "on some Bullsh!t". It was a record performance that I'm not happy about- get that straight. Just another topic for discussion.

"Playoffs....? Playoffs...?" "You wanna talk about Playoffs"?

well he took advantage of having a rookie in Chandler guard him.

I can't stand that whole "let him get his shots, he'll slow down, we'll stop everyone else" mentality. He should of been doubled and harassed much more, especially after the 1st qtr. If you play tight enough D and get the rock out of his hands he can't drop 60. This loss brings us back to earth and further emphasizes the need to add and make more changes.

Kobe had his 61 but no reason to have let Gasol score over 30.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    You're nuts, if you're underestimating Gasol. In case you don't know, before Gasol came to the Lakers, they were perennial 9th seeds. After Gasol, they were legit: went straight to the finals. Gasol is way better than any of those guys you listed: Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, except for Shaq: the most dominant player in the history of the NBA. He also dominated Boozer and Camby, last year in the playoffs. The guy's an all-star, picked by the coaches, who actually know basketball, for a reason. He also dropped 31 on your precious Harrington-Lee frontline.
    umm, gasol better than rodman?? are u nutz? guy led the league in rebounds for 7 years

AIR WORM!!!

Veteran

Nyk Logo

I told myself while I turned my pc on "I bet theres a Kobe thread at the Knicks forum" and I guess I was right...

NOW, why the heck is there a thread named after Koke in a Knicks forum? COME ON! Ether discuss it in the game thread or put it in the NBA section. Dont disrespect the Knicks, get this garbage out of here.

Its like when the Knicks fans cheered Jordan for his final game. You dont cheer some one who killed us year after year. Anyone that cheers for Jordan or now even Kobe is not a Knicks fan regardless of what they say!

Could a mod please move this thread to the NBA section?

The Knick-Fans cheered Jordan b/c we did not have a SG when Jordan was doing his thang....the Knicks had to sign FA Allan Houston to slow Jordan down and search for a defensive backup SG to give him problems which they found in the CBA League John Starks.
    The Ewing Knicks could not beat Jordan b/c Oakley was to slow when the Bulls went into their running triangle....that's why coach Pat Riley benched Oakley for CBA Anthony Mason.

SG-Kobe Bryant 61 points made it LOUD and CLEAR.....the Knicks dont have a SG in their rotation so Kobe took advantage of an opportunity....and had his teammates defend the 3-point line....this will let SG-Lebron James, SG-Ray Allen, and SG-Bayless (Roy injured), become their teams first option on offense....this is some of what you may see in the next 3 games.
    And that's only two ways out of the four of our Knicks weakness in getting beat.

Lets just hope that SG-Kobe Bryant breaking our ex-Super-Star SF-Bernard King record of 60 points with 61 points got the attention of Donnie Walsh by our Fan Base yelling MVP....b/c the Knick-Fans were entertained bigtime by our Knick Role-Players staying close throughout the game vs the best team in the league.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> Kobe shot 31 fga to come up with 61 points....I dont care if he scored all 61 points from the foul line by faking and catching his defender in the air for a foul shot....that's not only Super-Star Status....that's PURE MVP. Stop being a HATER!!!
    LETS GO Knicks!!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    I can't stand that whole "let him get his shots, he'll slow down, we'll stop everyone else" mentality. He should of been doubled and harassed much more, especially after the 1st qtr. If you play tight enough D and get the rock out of his hands he can't drop 60. This loss brings us back to earth and further emphasizes the need to add and make more changes.
    We dont have a SG in our rotation inwhich Kobe have to defend or could make Kobe work harder on offense to slow him down throughout each quarter.
    We just dont have a SG on this team other than Roberson.
    That's why I laughed at the trade for Mobley....inwhich coach JVG found useless vs Kobe, Finley, and Bobby Jackson.
    Putting a player like Mardy Collins on Kobe in the 2nd half of the game would've had Kobe complaining to the refferies every chance he gets like he does with Bowen, Bell, Prince, Billups, Stackhouse, and Deron.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    We dont have a SG in our rotation inwhich Kobe have to defend or could make Kobe work harder on offense to slow him down throughout each quarter.
    We just dont have a SG on this team other than Roberson.
    That's why I laughed at the trade for Mobley....inwhich coach JVG found useless vs Kobe, Finley, and Bobby Jackson.
    Putting a player like Mardy Collins on Kobe in the 2nd half of the game would've had Kobe complaining to the refferies every chance he gets like he does with Bowen, Bell, Prince, Billups, Stackhouse, and Deron.
    That being said; should we go after a big man or a SG by the deadline? Or just keep acting like as long as we're competitive it's o.k., do nothing, possibly get the 8th seed?