Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kobe drops 60!

Fans at that game should be ashamed. They let the Laker fans take over the garden. not cool.
    i didnt hear that many boo's trying to drown out all the Kobe knob slobbin.

most of the fans are Knicks fans but also appreciate talented basketball players so there's nothing wrong cheering them on. this will obviously happen again when Cleveland comes in.

Originally Posted by Toons
    umm, gasol better than rodman?? are u nutz? guy led the league in rebounds for 7 years

AIR WORM!!!
    Rodman was an excellent rebounder, one of the best ever. However, his offensive skills left a lot to be desired. Gasol can rebound, or help his teammates to rebound, very effectively, by what he does consistently: box out, tip balls to his teammates, etc., in addition to all the rest: scoring, screens, getting assists: he's one of the best big men at passing the ball. Just because he doesn't secure all of the actual 12-20 rebounds he helps his team secure, on any given night, doesn't mean that he doesn't have a tremendous effect on the boards his teammates get. Rodman was different in that he took those rebounds for himself.

Let's look at Gasol, though. The guy led a team: the Grizzlies, to their only playoff appearances: 3 or 4, while surrounded by a pack of mediocre players: Mike Miller, Posey, Battier, which is why they never won a playoff game. Pippen, Kukoc and Rodman, never succeeded, after leaving the Bulls. Gasol's a proven leader. I remember seeing him in the playoffs, playing his heart out, hitting clutch shots, but he had no one to help him. Now, he's got Kobe. Before Kobe got Gasol, after Shaq left, the Lakers couldn't do anything. Now, they're championship material. Simple math.

I remember, when Gasol was on the market, begging some invisible force to get Gasol on our roster. Unfortunately, Isaiah said Curry was untouchable, etc. I really believe that, had we traded for Gasol, put him in with Steph, Jamal and maybe Zach, we would have been a contender.
    Last edited by OGKnickfan; Feb 03, 2009 at 11:44.

Bernard King

Veteran

I'm kinda late, but I was there, and I was kinda ashamed that the Garden cheered so hard for Kobe. At the end when Phil took him out, a standing O to MVP chants... At the Garden!

I'm a Kobe fan, but I aint cheer one time for him. It was cool to be at the game to watch history. Even got some pics... But I will be damned as a Kincks fan cheering an opposing player go nuts on our home court, to end our win streak. No matter how incredible it was.

However, Kobe is the best player I have ever seen though. It's too easy for him.

most of the fans in the stands nowadays are clueless corp people who get the tickets for free and it's just a leisure outing for them. if you were to ask them the name of the home team on the court last night, they'd say New York Liberty.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    You're nuts, if you're underestimating Gasol. In case you don't know, before Gasol came to the Lakers, they were perennial 9th seeds. After Gasol, they were legit: went straight to the finals. Gasol is way better than any of those guys you listed: Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, except for Shaq: the most dominant player in the history of the NBA. He also dominated Boozer and Camby, last year in the playoffs. The guy's an all-star, picked by the coaches, who actually know basketball, for a reason. He also dropped 31 on your precious Harrington-Lee frontline.

I never said any of the guys were better than each other...jsut that Kobe, as of right now, only has pau Gasol....were Jordan had other play makers and a SET lineup at the time with anyone of those guys having big nights.

Odom is done....guys like Farmar and Ariza are too young too be an impact like Pippen, Kukoc, or Rodman were....

Chill...

Just that I thought Jordan had better players around him then Kobe does right now.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I never said any of the guys were better than each other...jsut that Kobe, as of right now, only has pau Gasol....were Jordan had other play makers and a SET lineup at the time with anyone of those guys having big nights.

Odom is done....guys like Farmar and Ariza are too young too be an impact like Pippen, Kukoc, or Rodman were....

Chill...

Just that I thought Jordan had better players around him then Kobe does right now.
    Chill? I don't see a fridge anywhere, but...

Either way, bad comparisons. When Kobe had Shaq, Shaq clearly was the leader, best player, and the reason they won the NBA title, as opposed to when Jordan did, while surrounded by roleplayers. When Shaq had Wade, Wade was the best and willed them over the Mavs. You just can't compare Jordan with Kobe, Kobe's just not on that level, anyone who was a bball fan during the Jordan years knows that. Jordan was surrounded by roleplayers, who just got wide open, and I do mean wide open, shots off of the double and triple teams that came at him, then he'd just break your will and the bulls would steamroll your broke down team.

The guy that has come closest to Jordanesque performances, IMO, has been Wade, back in the '05 season, where he single-handedly snatched the title from the Mavs. No one else has shown the sort of skill, and clutch, that Jordan did, except for Wade. And look at him this year, doing his thing, despite not having a lot of talent around him.

Kobe, on the other hand, hasn't really been successful, following the Shaq era, until recently, when he got Gasol. Odom and Kobe, as a duo, failed. As for the supporting lineup, they do what they need to do. Sure, Farmar, Vujacic and some of the others would not be as good, if they weren't around Kobe, but they are and they're doing fine.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

GET OFF KOBE'S DICK

This is why the NBA is the softest sports league in the world.
    Fans get mad soft with it.
    You're suppose to hate on KOBE, everyway possible. Dude embarassed the Knicks, and those ****ing clowns at MSG cheer him on and end it all with a MVP chant?

Thats the worst you can expect out of "fans". In Europe, Kobe would of had tomatoes thrown at him. In Puerto Rico, Kobe would of ran out of the building with all the blades that would of been thrown at him.

Since when the **** Knick fans lost their passion? SMH...NYC is losing its swag to some yuppy ass motha****as...we need real chicos allowed in the garden only.

What an embarrassing day to be a Knicks fan.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by metrocard

GET OFF KOBE'S DICK

This is why the NBA is the softest sports league in the world.
    Fans get mad soft with it.
    You're suppose to hate on KOBE, everyway possible. Dude embarassed the Knicks, and those ****ing clowns at MSG cheer him on and end it all with a MVP chant?

Thats the worst you can expect out of "fans". In Europe, Kobe would of had tomatoes thrown at him. In Puerto Rico, Kobe would of ran out of the building with all the blades that would of been thrown at him.

Since when the **** Knick fans lost their passion? SMH...NYC is losing its swag to some yuppy ass motha****as...we need real chicos allowed in the garden only.

What an embarrassing day to be a Knicks fan.

WORD!

**** LeBron's performance too. at least he didnt get the MVP chants....

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    WORD!

**** LeBron's performance too. at least he didnt get the MVP chants....
    True but he did get a loud roar when he got that last rebound fot a tripple double.Yes a tripple double is something special but to a Kick fan like me its ONLY special when a Knick player does it.Screw that cheering for another player on another team I don't do that crap.GO KNICKS!!!!!

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    True but he did get a loud roar when he got that last rebound fot a tripple double.Yes a tripple double is something special but to a Kick fan like me its ONLY special when a Knick player does it.Screw that cheering for another player on another team I don't do that crap.GO KNICKS!!!!!
    WORD MAN! FUQK the fake knick fans

anybody catch it when,
    i think al trautwig said something about kobe's weight and height,
    he said kobe' was 6-6 and 205 pounds;
    then he mentioned q's height and weight;
    he said q rich was 6-6 and 235 pounds.
    .i literally lol'd at that ****.
    dude is 30 pounds heavier than kobe.
    that's almost the difference between a middleweight and a heavyweight.
    i don't understand how you can be in this system and still be overweight.