Cleveland Cavs vs New York Knicks Game Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Cleveland Cavaliers (37-9) vs The New York Knicks (21-26)
Wed. 2/4 at 7:30pm ET on MSG​

windowslivewritermadisonsquaregarden-29fcmapdc08c1289c37.jpg

* First off, I just wanna say for all the New York Lebron James supporters, its time to stop with that. Hes not on the team. I dont like him, and I will continue to root against him. Lets stop with the photo shoppin and puttin him in a Knicks jersey. In 2010, thats a different story if he signs with us. But for now lets focus on the present. We got a good team, a team that could potentially make the playoffs. Thats all I have to say for now....

lebron-james.png

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show. The Knicks are coming off a tough loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. Kobe Bryant was unstoppable against the Knicks, scoring 61 points. His 61 points was the most points ever scored by a Knicks opponent at the Garden, erasing Michold Jordans name from the history books. After losing to last years MVP, the Knicks will have to move on and face a player who is one of the top candidates for this years MVP award. He goes by the name of Lebron James.

The Cavaliers are coming off a 10 point victory over the Detroit Pistons. They defeated them 90 to 80, on Sunday Afternoon. Lebron James led the way with 33 points and 8 assists. He also had 5 turnovers. Zydrunas Ilgauskus is back in the lineup for the Cavs. He struggled offensively, only shooting 5 for 16 but still managed to score 13 points and grab 8 rebounds. Cleveland has the best defense in the league, and the 3rd best record overall.

The Knicks will have their hands full with a superior opponent. They must find a way to slow Lebron James down, and if they cant do that then they need to make sure that they guard his teammates. The Cavs have several players who are capable of knocking down open 3 pointers. It is not believed at this time that Delonte West will be playing, but they still have Daniel Gibson, Mo Williams, Wally Szczerbiak, and Sasha Pavlovic.

If you were unable to see the Lakers game heres the highlights:

STARTING LINEUPS

CLE_Sucks.gif

The Cleveland Cavaliers

pg-Mo Williams
sg-Sasha Pavlovic
sf-Lebron James
pf-Ben Wallace
C-Zydrunas Ilgauskas

2178.jpg
2172.jpg
1966.jpg
885.jpg
362.jpg

Backups: Anderson Varejao, Wally Szczerbiak, Daniel Gibson, J.J. Hickson, Lorenzen Wright

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

kcd08033.jpg

MOBILE-IMAGING-KnicksDancers.jpg

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT SMALL FORWARD AL HARRINGTON
AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
AT CENTER JARED JEFFRIES

3855.jpg
3417.jpg
3268.jpg
3956.jpg
3609.jpg

BACKUPS: WILSON CHANDLER, NATE ROBINSON, DANILO GALLINARI, TIM THOMAS, ANTHONY ROBERSON, MALIK ROSE

*MORE COMING LATER*

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Thread looking fresh so far i hope we win 2morrow. D'ANtoni def gonna have us coming out playing fired up and playing as a team.

Final Score

Cav's- 103

Knicks- 108

Player of the Game- Tie between Nate and Chandler both will top 20 and both will play good in a huge 4th quarter.

JayJ44

Starter
Nice thread MSG. I agree with you about cheering for Lebron. We need to support our team and boo the crap out of Lebron till he comes here. Same with Kobe, D-Wade, anyone else.

I think Delonte West will be back too (not sure though), so we have some bad luck. It's a long shot to win this game, but if we play defense and knock down shots we have a chance. Hopefully Lebron won't look like Kobe on Monday.

Just a suggestion for the game thread:

Paul1355

All Star
Thread looking fresh so far i hope we win 2morrow. D'ANtoni def gonna have us coming out playing fired up and playing as a team.

Final Score

Cav's- 103

Knicks- 108

Player of the Game- Tie between Nate and Chandler both will top 20 and both will play good in a huge 4th quarter.

interesting...Having Chandler play good against Lebron??? Lebron is more athletic and can block some shots...Chandler is going to have a hard time, I think at least.

And Maurice Williams is going to face Nate as well as Daniel Gibson...good Point guards.

I thought that Cleavland would be the hardest team to beat out of all three basically because we struggle against very athletic teams like the Cavaliers and Lebron is going to run rings around us all day.

We have to make him shoot from the outside and double him when he drives...plain and simple, and contest every shot.

I'm gonna be at this game. Brother is a huge Lebron fan, but I keep telling him Kobe is still King.

I just want the Knicks to win. Even though it has already turned into how much will Lebron score?

TunerAddict

Starter
Nice thread MSG. I agree with you about cheering for Lebron. We need to support our team and boo the crap out of Lebron till he comes here. Same with Kobe, D-Wade, anyone else.

I think Delonte West will be back too (not sure though), so we have some bad luck. It's a long shot to win this game, but if we play defense and knock down shots we have a chance. Hopefully Lebron won't look like Kobe on Monday.

Just a suggestion for the game thread:

The Rock is right...Cleveland is lame

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I'm gonna be at this game. Brother is a huge Lebron fan, but I keep telling him Kobe is still King.

I just want the Knicks to win. Even though it has already turned into how much will Lebron score?

Wait...isn't God still king? Just messing...lol

Yea I agree. People are gonna see if he can go for 70 plus. I bet there will be more people wearing lebron jerseys than knick jerseys.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Paul i agree they will be tough and i think they the best team in the league but i think we'll come out playing good tomorrow, we wont play as bad as we did last night. D'Antoni will have us playing as a team something we stopped doing during important stretches vs the Lakers and our defense will be better then LeBron thinks, boo the shit outta that dude

Nate will do him cause Mo is a decent defender and Gibson(who will likely guard him) cant D up.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Forgot to mention...

Pretty good game thread, msg. I'm enjoying the way the game threads are being posted early. Gives more time for opinions. Gotta say, since you've taken over you're doing a better job than the "other guy". Lol.

This game is going to test the fortitude of this knick team. We're going to see if our team will maintain its energy even after losing to the l.a. fakers on monday. There's gonna be lot of "boobie" and "Cock" action in MSG...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the bucks lost today so we didnt lose ground on them but the nets gained a game and the bulls lost so we still in this even if we dont fair well this week. But i know we will do good....at least hope so.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Im thinking we win this game IF the Knicks play team ball and not that one on one junk.The reason I think we win is b/c James will come to NY trying to score more than Kobe and he will play more of a one on one game instead of playing team ball.I hope!!

105-101 kNICKS WIN!:crossfingers:

dre48ny

Rotation player
LeBron is well aware of what Kobe did last night, that will give him extra motivation to shine. Maybe it adds a little pressure on him and he'll have an ok game. I really hope the NYK win this game!! it would make a huge statement because Cleveland is in the East!! (as opposed to last nite, Lakers) This could be a team we meet in the playoffs. Gotta gain confidence and feel like they can play these guys tough!! GO NYK!!!!!!!!! 112-108.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if LeBron puts up 40,8,10 for example ill admire(no homo) that more then kobes 60,0,2, that in my opinion will outshine kobes performance,we got this game though i hope.......

JayJ44

Starter
if LeBron puts up 40,8,10 for example ill admire(no homo) that more then kobes 60,0,2, that in my opinion will outshine kobes performance,we got this game though i hope.......

That should outshine Kobe's performance. But unfortunately, all most people care about is scoring. Even though that statline is more well-rounded. But hopefully Lebron gets injured and can't play against us. Then get %100 better by Sunday so I can watch the Cavs-Lakers game lol.

Red

TYPE-A
Nice thread. To think posters on here are Knick fans and only Knick fans is crazy, I would say root for whoever you like. As for the ones at the Garden - most of those fans don't know bball from shit. Mostly yuppies and their dumb kids. They don't know anybetter. They think rooting for the enemy who performs well is a gesture meant to emphasize their affinity for a good performance, even at the cost of their team losing (if in fact they are Knicks fans).Anyway I think the photo shop and threads regarding LBJ or anyone else to Knicks is a testiment to how sick some of us are of seeing "Superstars" in every other market but the biggest! I'm rethinking my stance on the playoffs and M. D'Antoni. It might just be setting us up for another let down. I know it's good for experience but I'm like without the right players what difference is that gonna make?

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I like the optimist mentality of many of you and sure hope you are right with a NYK win, but it seems we lose by 30 against the Cavs alot lately

metrocard

Legend
Gallinari has to play a lot tonight...seeing Harrington take over the offense with his wild misses is really not a great site. Gallinari takes high IQ shots...acurracte shots...and he can actually shoot.

Gallinari is a better mid range shooter than long range...I have NO idea why D'Antoni is just using him as a spot up guy.