Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53

Thread: Nate Robinson Trade

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Nate Robinson Trade

    Got this from TheKnicksblog.com and it kinda makes sense in my opinion. We add a really cheap shooter and get a 25 year old big man who at one point we coveted and almost drafted. If we could talk to Vasquez and get a feeling if he would come over to play if it was NY i would deffinately consider.


    "So Andrew Smith (who’s sequestered himself in an undisclosed location studying for the Bar Exam) and I got to thinking the Magic, who already could use some scoring punch in the back court, might want to consider dealing for Nate Robinson.

    Now I have to be fair, I think that keeping Nate is critical for any shot at making the playoffs, but the Knicks might consider moving their sparkplug guard for the right deal.

    The team has a roster spot with the retirement of Cuttino Mobley. I wonder if the Knicks would consider a Nate for the rights to Fran Vasquez and J.J. Redick?

    Vasquez is 25 and has resisted coming to the NBA. His numbers are modest this year, but he’s a capable big that might flourish in NY under Mike D’Antoni. Vasquez has resisted coming over here after being selected 11th overall by the Magic in 2005. The Magic are still very high on the young man, but Nate could keep them afloat and add great depth moving forward.



    Redick is a obviously shooter who could fill in off the bench. I think the Knicks lose out for the short term, but could benefit for the long term. Nate’s turnovers and spotty decisions have often been a killer for this team.

    Just a thought, maybe the team tries to capitalize on the Magic’s need for some help. Redick has a qualifying offer in 2010-11, which he’d likely decline considering Jason Kapono’s contract."

  2. #2
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I support this 100%. Also save a few million contract wise.

  3. #3
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Well Vasquez is still a bit of a mystery to me, has anyone followed him to see how he is doing in Europe (or where ever the hell he is)?

    True JJ would give us shooting, but, he would not give us the dominance that we can get from Nate on any given night. Look I know Nate can be a bit eradict, but, that has gotten much better this season. JJ Redick isnt going to run plays down, go up for blocks on big men and just play with that sort of intesity. Redick is the perimeter version of Eddy Curry, he can shoot with the best of them but that is about it. I'd only do this deal if they take can somehow make it a three team deal that also liberates from Curry's contract. Like involving OKC in the trade and them sending Vasquez and Curry there somehow.

    But this deal would be a rape.

  4. #4
    Member DANUTZ39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Well Vasquez is still a bit of a mystery to me, has anyone followed him to see how he is doing in Europe (or where ever the hell he is)?

    True JJ would give us shooting, but, he would not give us the dominance that we can get from Nate on any given night. Look I know Nate can be a bit eradict, but, that has gotten much better this season. JJ Redick isnt going to run plays down, go up for blocks on big men and just play with that sort of intesity. Redick is the perimeter version of Eddy Curry, he can shoot with the best of them but that is about it. I'd only do this deal if they take can somehow make it a three team deal that also liberates from Curry's contract. Like involving OKC in the trade and them sending Vasquez and Curry there somehow.

    But this deal would be a rape.
    We can do a trade with orlando without involving another team if they are willing. I hate giving up nate just to get rid of curry but if orlando wants nate this could work for both teams. Orlando get nate a 15-17ppg/5apg PG and also because they don't look for cap space in 2010 so they can use curry as a expiring contract that season (or if curry gets healty and in shape he can be a good reserve for howard). NY get a shooting guard (and a back up big) but most important is getting rid of curry contract.

    Orlando Magic


    <TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35></TD><TD vAlign=top>Eddy Curry
    Salary: $9,723,983 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 2.0 REB: 2.0 AST: 0.0 PER: 30.73

    </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35></TD><TD vAlign=top>Nate Robinson
    Salary: $2,020,179 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 15.4 REB: 4.0 AST: 3.6 PER: 17.86
    Obtained with a trade exception

    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Outgoing Players: J.J. Redick, Tony Battie
    New York Knicks



    <TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35></TD><TD vAlign=top>J.J. Redick
    Salary: $2,139,720 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 5.5 REB: 1.8 AST: 0.9 PER: 9.79

    </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35></TD><TD vAlign=top>Tony Battie
    Salary: $5,746,000 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 4.5 REB: 3.8 AST: 0.3 PER: 12.29

    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Outgoing Players: Eddy Curry, Nate Robinson

  5. #5
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Trades

    We have a roster spot open and if Marbury is bought out, there will be two. There is a chance that Marbury will go after the Celtics game on the 6th. Perhaps Orlando could be a destination besides Boston.

    Why hasn't Walsh filled the already open spot? Perhaps he wants some flexibility, for example, to trade Curry for two bad, but expiring, contracts. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to wait until next year to trade Curry. He has not played at all and is not likely to tear things up before the trade deadline.

    If the Knicks wait until March 1st to let Marbury go, he will not be able to participate in the play offs. I would be disappointed in Dolan/Walsh, if they did that. Not a classy move.

  6. #6
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    We have a roster spot open and if Marbury is bought out, there will be two. There is a chance that Marbury will go after the Celtics game on the 6th. Perhaps Orlando could be a destination besides Boston.

    Why hasn't Walsh filled the already open spot? Perhaps he wants some flexibility, for example, to trade Curry for two bad, but expiring, contracts. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to wait until next year to trade Curry. He has not played at all and is not likely to tear things up before the trade deadline.

    If the Knicks wait until March 1st to let Marbury go, he will not be able to participate in the play offs. I would be disappointed in Dolan/Walsh, if they did that. Not a classy move.
    If Steph is bought out after March 1st then look no further than Dolan. I think Donnie has more class than that, Donnie has stated the only place he doesnt want Steph is Miami but it is obvious Boston is where Steph is likely headed.

    I think Donnie truly wants this to be over with and would sign off on any buyout.

  7. #7
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    just to throw this out there i would love to see a Nate for Rudy Fernadez trade that would help us out alot at both guard positions and rudy plays just as hard as nate if not harder...Take a look at the last olympics

  8. #8
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Proof to you have no life.


    Look at how quick you're replying to this.

    Damn, did you sleep?
    Did you wait all night for me to post?

    I was hitting the skins after the Knicks game.
    Kinda sad to know you were on the computer writing rants on wordpad, saving them and then applying them here...rants you've been holding for 3 years but were too scared to drop them right away.

    Funny that it took you 3 years to say something.

    You basement ass dude...this is a total fail for you.

    Just make a Wil Bynum fan site and retire from the forum.

    You died.

  9. #9
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My post Today, 8:01
    Smokes replying 8:10


    sm0kes
    Viewing Thread
    KnicksOnline.com Roll Call


    LOL...dude is trying to get some personal info I left in Roll Call for some "ether" material

    Dude is mad stealth on that stalker ****.

    He's going extra measures with that extra effort to get at me.

    The effort extended is appreciate.

    But I can't stop laughing here.

  10. #10
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Search "metrocard" by this guy

    He's been saving a rant for 2 years against me.

    Originally Posted by smokes
    I've been reading this forum for 2 years now, and this is only my second post since trying to have a stimulating discussion with people who have the mental capacity of a brick (half the posters here) is quite difficult.

    However this thread piqued my curiosity of how these cool kids would pick apart an intelligent and well composed post, so my observations are as follows:

    1) Having 3000+ posts on an internet fan forum does not make you cool or "gangster", quite the opposite in fact.

    2) Proclaiming yourselves "winners" in forum discussions only makes you look more sad. To quote a wise man: "Fighting on the internet is like the special olympics, you may win but you're still a retard"

    3) Defending yourself with the phrase "no homo" after any sentence that could possibly be construed in any way gay only confirms further your deep insecurity of your own sexuality. Maybe there is something deeper to the man crush you guys seem to have on Marbury/each other.

    MSG I respect your contribution in terms of game threads, at least you give something to this site. Metrocard is just an unintelligent, arrogant, childish parasite. Oh and by the way, when your posts are the length of a small novel
    your "4 posts a day" may as well be 50 :P

    I can already see the response "lol 2 post scrub can't touch us (no homo) veteran gangsters *insert cool spanish insult*"... so predictable.

    Have a nice day


    kinda pathetic.
    I don't even know who you are.

  11. #11
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Oh man, you still didn't bother to look up hypocrite in the dictionary huh?

    Two easy steps to make yourself look like a douche:

    Step 1 - Laugh at someone for replying 10 min after you posted, then reply 2 minutes after them.

    Step 2 - Laugh at someone for looking through old posts to own you, then attempt to do it yourself.

    Seriously, here's a link for you: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Glad the effort is appreciated, but I'll never try as hard as you do

    Oh and btw, that was my 2nd ever post, and guess what, I got +rep from 5 different people for it, ironic huh.

  12. #12
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Proof to you have no life.


    Look at how quick you're replying to this.

    Damn, did you sleep?
    Did you wait all night for me to post?

    I was hitting the skins after the Knicks game.
    Kinda sad to know you were on the computer writing rants on wordpad, saving them and then applying them here...rants you've been holding for 3 years but were too scared to drop them right away.

    Funny that it took you 3 years to say something.

    You basement ass dude...this is a total fail for you.

    Just make a Wil Bynum fan site and retire from the forum.

    You died.

    LOL...my dude has been waiting for me to post since last night...thats amazing to me.
    Mad dedication to reading my font.

    Lame, but dedicated.

    You could only try to appreciate, but try so hard not to laugh.

  13. #13
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Come on son...we're waiting for the proclamation of William Bynum


  14. #14
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Him waiting for me to reply last night




  15. #15
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default



    Its time to let go of your addiction of me.

    HOP OFF SON!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Trade Watch: Top big men on the block
    By _______√ictory_______ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2009, 23:26
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jun 26, 2008, 14:41
  3. Nate Robinson MVP
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Aug 06, 2007, 22:30
  4. Nate Robinson gone?
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2007, 18:29
  5. Nate Robinson Interview
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2005, 16:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •