Still don't want LeBron????

dre48ny

Rotation player
F*ck all who don't want Lebron in NY. If u don't like him, fine. But this isn't a relationship it's BBall. And I'm sick of these pathetic, semi-competitive, wanna-b optimistic, non-defensive, b*llsh!t games. Like D Walsh said "there's a difference betw. being a good team and being a contender". We are NEITHER. Stop fooling yourself. When he does sign in NY and we become "contenders"- mutherf*ckers will still be complaining. F*cking b!tches complaining about who you don't want when the dudes we got are so garbage I bet Lebron or Kobe for that matter could beat us by themselves 1 on 5!!! That's my rant....other than that it was a good game.

Dog, I'm wit u, that's why i stated the question, "still don't want Lebron??" A lot of fans ain't sold on him, but who wouldn't want the most dominant all around player playing for their squad?? i would've given up my left nut for Jordan back in the days. This is our chance to land him!!! Yeah he does care about his legacy and this is why this would add to his legacy, bringing a historic franchise back to glory days and finally deliver the mecca of basketball a title!! If this doesn't agg to his legacy, then I'm high!!

quiggle

Starter
NEW YORK -- LeBron James lost his latest triple-double Friday when the NBA determined that one of his rebounds should have been credited to Cleveland teammate Ben Wallace.

James scored a season-high 52 points and had 11 assists Wednesday in the Cavaliers' 107-102 victory at New York. He was believed to have a triple-double when he grabbed what went down as a 10th rebound with less than 2 seconds left.
However, the league reviewed the game and ruled that a rebound given to James with 39.3 seconds remaining should have been credited to Wallace. The corrected statistics now have James with nine rebounds and Wallace with two.
James' performance came two nights after Kobe Bryant set a record at the present Madison Square Garden by scoring 61 points in the Lakers' 126-117 victory over the Knicks.
"I don't go out there for the numbers, I just play my game," James said after Wednesday's game when he was still thought to have recorded a triple-double. "You guys seen every phase of my game tonight, the scoring, the rebounding, the assists and defensively just trying to attack the opposing team.
"I never thought you could look at the box score and see somebody with 50 with a triple-double, but it's happened."
James will get a chance to faceoff against Bryant when the Lakers visit Cleveland on Sunday.
A release from the league said: "All NBA games are reviewed to ensure the accuracy of the game statistics."
Had the triple-double stood, it would have been the first 50-point game in a triple-double since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1975.
James now remains with three triple-doubles this season and 20 for his career.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Whats point of this thread?
We know LeBron is one of the best.

We could win a title without Lebron...a lot of teams in the NBA have done it.
I'm not for tanking till 2010 for him.

Lets win now.

Exactly. People act as if Lebron is going to automatically win the Knicks a championship. The Knicks need to worry about winning now, rather than 2010.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Exactly. People act as if Lebron is going to automatically win the Knicks a championship. The Knicks need to worry about winning now, rather than 2010.

Word man!....im getting sick of all this LeBron shit, acting as if he already on our team...we got a nice team and a good core, just get a few more pieces and we could win WITHOUT LeBron....i mean shit we in the hunt for the 8th seed.

metrocard

Legend
Word man!....im getting sick of all this LeBron shit, acting as if he already on our team...we got a nice team and a good core, just get a few more pieces and we could win WITHOUT LeBron....i mean shit we in the hunt for the 8th seed.

co-sign this 200%

Red

TYPE-A
^ Sound F*ckin Stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Acting like Lebron is already on our team (that was Kobe at the Garden w/ the MVP chants) wtf are u talkin about?

Cut the major optimistic sh*t out. The point isn't we need Lebron to win...it's we need more stars- sh*t maybe 1 all-star and Lebron happens to be one of the best so he's a target. You gotta a problem with wanting to add one of the best? No....then stfu!

Red

TYPE-A
I repeat....

F*ck all who don't want Lebron in NY. If u don't like him, fine. But this isn't a relationship it's BBall. And I'm sick of these pathetic, semi-competitive, wanna-b optimistic, non-defensive, b*llsh!t games. Like D Walsh said "there's a difference betw. being a good team and being a contender". We are NEITHER. Stop fooling yourself. When he does sign in NY and we become "contenders"- mutherf*ckers will still be complaining. F*cking b!tches complaining about who you don't want when the dudes we got are so garbage I bet Lebron or Kobe for that matter could beat us by themselves 1 on 5!!! That's my rant....other than that it was a good game.

smokes

Huge Member
^ Sound F*ckin Stupid.

Acting like Lebron is already on our team (that was Kobe at the Garden w/ the MVP chants) wtf are u talkin about?

Cut the major optimistic sh*t out. The point isn't we need Lebron to win...it's we need more stars- sh*t maybe 1 all-star and Lebron happens to be one of the best so he's a target. You gotta a problem with wanting to add one of the best? No....then stfu!

Thing is we don't need Lebron or Kobe or Wade to be successful. Look at the 1999 Knicks, we didn't have any "superstar" players back then. We succeeded with a good team of good players.

Ofc having a superstar would be great, but we can do it with a team of solid players too.

And it's a serious kick in the teeth to true Knicks fans that these fakers at the garden are chanting for the opposite team's players, that's just ****ing sad, no pride, no passion (for the Knicks).

Red

TYPE-A
Thing is we don't need Lebron or Kobe or Wade to be successful. Look at the 1999 Knicks, we didn't have any "superstar" players back then. We succeeded with a good team of good players.

Ofc having a superstar would be great, but we can do it with a team of solid players too.

And it's a serious kick in the teeth to true Knicks fans that these fakers at the garden are chanting for the opposite team's players, that's just ****ing sad, no pride, no passion (for the Knicks).

"Coach Mike D'Antoni's bunch can't defend itself"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ach_mike_dantonis_bunch_cant_defend_it-1.html

In 1999? WTF? You mean Ewing's final season? We had a HOF and yes we were competitive but what exactly is your definition of succeed? We didn't win the championship so what success? The playoffs? Were sooooo far removed from that it sounds preposterous. And if I recall we went out and added Sprewell and in 01' was another all-star so wtf are u saying? Upgrades are warranted 8th seed or not. If your against upgrades (who should be the best available and for our system) then you're on crack and don't know what you're saying or seeing.

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
"Coach Mike D'Antoni's bunch can't defend itself"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ach_mike_dantonis_bunch_cant_defend_it-1.html

In 1999? WTF? You mean Ewing's final season? We had a HOF and yes we were competitive but what exactly is your definition of succeed? We didn't win the championship so what success? The playoffs? Were sooooo far removed from that it sounds preposterous. And if I recall we went out and added Sprewell in 01' who was another all-star so wtf are u saying? Upgrades are warranted 8th seed or not. If your against upgrades (who should be the best available and for our system) then you're on crack and don't know what you're saying or seeing.

Oh man, relax, why so stressed?

1999 Ewing was injured for the entire playoff run except Miami, and we made the finals, we won the East. Is that not success?

Sprewell came to NY in 1999 fyi.

And no, he wasn't a SUPERSTAR. Dwade, Lebron, Kobe are superstars. Back in 1999, Shaq, AI, VC, Kidd, Robinson, Malone were superstars. No one on the Knicks was a superstar, they were a good team with a few great players, but no superstars.

Maybe you should realise I am not disagreeing with you, but just making the point that we do not NEED a Lebron/Kobe/Dwade to win. We already have 2 good SF (although young and inconsistent). A good PF. A good PG. What we need for this team at present is a good SG and a good C. That's pretty unlikely to happen but if we had a similar state of affairs in 2010 then Wade would be alot better fit for NY than Lebron.

Lebron is a great player, would be great on this team, but why pray for some miracle in 2010 when we can improve now, we can make 8th seed this year, get our young guys playoff experience, bring some excitement and pride back to the garden.

When on earth did I say I was against upgrades? Why do you need to put words in my mouth? Oh no, sure, I want us to keep the same players, resign Jerome James for $20 million and keep going on this road...

Red

TYPE-A
Oh man, relax, why so stressed?

1999 Ewing was injured for the entire playoff run except Miami, and we made the finals, we won the East. Is that not success?

Sprewell came to NY in 1999 fyi.

And no, he wasn't a SUPERSTAR. Dwade, Lebron, Kobe are superstars. Back in 1999, Shaq, AI, VC, Kidd, Robinson, Malone were superstars. No one on the Knicks was a superstar, they were a good team with a few great players, but no superstars.

Maybe you should realise I am not disagreeing with you, but just making the point that we do not NEED a Lebron/Kobe/Dwade to win. We already have 2 good SF (although young and inconsistent). A good PF. A good PG. What we need for this team at present is a good SG and a good C. That's pretty unlikely to happen but if we had a similar state of affairs in 2010 then Wade would be alot better fit for NY than Lebron.

Lebron is a great player, would be great on this team, but why pray for some miracle in 2010 when we can improve now, we can make 8th seed this year, get our young guys playoff experience, bring some excitement and pride back to the garden.

When on earth did I say I was against upgrades? Why do you need to put words in my mouth? Oh no, sure, I want us to keep the same players, resign Jerome James for $20 million and keep going on this road...

I meant who was an all-star in 01'. Who said we NEED Lebron? Stop Putting words in others mouths. Your point about 1999 and our success is pointless. You're comparing apples 2 oranges in an attempt to justify why you dont see the importance of adding a "superstar". It was a completely diff. time and we were in a completely diff. situation with a completely diff. team and coach that stressed defense.

http://www.nba.com/history/finals/champions.html

Tell me...what do these teams have in common, besides being champions?

Year, Teams, Final Record, MVP

2007 Celtics Lakers Pierce
2006-07
San Antonio Spurs
Cleveland Cavaliers
4-0
Tony Parker, San Antonio
2005-06
Miami Heat
Dallas Mavericks
4-2
Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
2004-05
San Antonio Spurs
Detroit Pistons
4-3
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2003-04
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1
Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons
2002-03
San Antonio Spurs
New Jersey Nets
4-2
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2001-02
Los Angeles Lakers
New Jersey Nets
4-0
Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
2000-01
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-1
1999-00
Los Angeles Lakers
Indiana Pacers
4-2
1998-99
San Antonio Spurs
New York Knicks
4-1
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
1997-98
Chicago Bulls
Utah Jazz
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1996-97
Chicago Bulls
Utah Jazz
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1995-96
Chicago Bulls
Seattle SuperSonics
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1994-95
Houston Rockets
Orlando Magic
4-0
Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston
1993-94
Houston Rockets
New York Knicks
4-3
Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston
1992-93
Chicago Bulls
Phoenix Suns
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1991-92
Chicago Bulls
Portland Trail Blazers
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1990-91
Chicago Bulls
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1989-90
Detroit Pistons
Portland Trail Blazers
4-1
Isiah Thomas, Detroit
1988-89
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Lakers
4-0
Joe Dumars, Detroit
1987-88
Los Angeles Lakers
Detroit Pistons
4-3
James Worthy, Los Angeles
1986-87
Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
4-2
Magic Johnson, Los Angeles
1985-86
Boston Celtics
Houston Rockets
4-2
Larry Bird, Boston
1984-85
Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
4-2
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Los Angeles
1983-84
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3
Larry Bird, Boston
1982-83
Philadelphia 76ers
Los Angeles Lakers
4-0
Moses Malone, Philadelphia
1981-82
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-2
1980-81
Boston Celtics
Houston Rockets
4-2
Cedric Maxwell, Boston
1979-80
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-2

Paul1355

All Star
Damn bro after having a bigger perfrmance than Kobe, who just torched us for 61 the other night; there is no doubt in my mind this is the player I covet the most!!
He is competitive as hell, he wanted to do better than Kobe and sure as hell he did. A triple double while scoring 50+!!!! Last man to do it Kareem!! Yes, and he did at the mecca of basketball. Kobe had 0 rebounds and 3 assists, not to knock his performance, but Bron's was bigger!!

For those who do not really want LeBron in 2010, you need to reconsider!! Imagine him having nights like this playing for our squad!!!

YES get him now! Make sure we keep Duhon and Gallinari to go with Lebron in the future....nd if we can get Amare for Lee and something else..then do it. Amare and Lebron would be DIRTY.

smokes

Huge Member
I meant who was an all-star in 01'. Who said we NEED Lebron? Stop Putting words in others mouths. Your point about 1999 and our success is pointless. You're comparing apples 2 oranges in an attempt to justify why you dont see the importance of adding a "superstar". It was a completely diff. time and we were in a completely diff. situation with a completely diff. team and coach that stressed defense.

http://www.nba.com/history/finals/champions.html

Tell me...what do these teams have in common, besides being champions?

Year, Teams, Final Record, MVP

2007 Celtics Lakers Pierce
2006-07
San Antonio Spurs
Cleveland Cavaliers
4-0
Tony Parker, San Antonio
2005-06
Miami Heat
Dallas Mavericks
4-2
Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
2004-05
San Antonio Spurs
Detroit Pistons
4-3
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2003-04
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1
Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons
2002-03
San Antonio Spurs
New Jersey Nets
4-2
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2001-02
Los Angeles Lakers
New Jersey Nets
4-0
2000-01
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-1
1999-00
Los Angeles Lakers
Indiana Pacers
4-2
1998-99
San Antonio Spurs
New York Knicks
4-1
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
1997-98
Chicago Bulls
Utah Jazz
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1996-97
Chicago Bulls
Utah Jazz
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1995-96
Chicago Bulls
Seattle SuperSonics
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1994-95
Houston Rockets
Orlando Magic
4-0
Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston
1993-94
Houston Rockets
New York Knicks
4-3
Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston
1992-93
Chicago Bulls
Phoenix Suns
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1991-92
Chicago Bulls
Portland Trail Blazers
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1990-91
Chicago Bulls
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1
Michael Jordan, Chicago
1989-90
Detroit Pistons
Portland Trail Blazers
4-1
Isiah Thomas, Detroit
1988-89
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Lakers
4-0
Joe Dumars, Detroit
1987-88
Los Angeles Lakers
Detroit Pistons
4-3
James Worthy, Los Angeles
1986-87
Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
4-2
1985-86
Boston Celtics
Houston Rockets
4-2
Larry Bird, Boston
1984-85
Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
4-2
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Los Angeles
1983-84
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3
Larry Bird, Boston
1982-83
Philadelphia 76ers
Los Angeles Lakers
4-0
Moses Malone, Philadelphia
1981-82
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-2
1980-81
Boston Celtics
Houston Rockets
4-2
Cedric Maxwell, Boston
1979-80
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-2

It seems like your definition of success is only a championship team. I didn't say you said we need Lebron, plenty of others have. You're the one who tried to put words in my mouth telling me that I don't want to upgrade our team (rofl).

You make a good point about the history of Championship teams, but you fail to look deeper at those teams. The only one of those teams which didn't have a very talented supporting cast was the Heat, Wade pretty much won that Championship for them, but they were still a decent team. Bring Lebron to the Knicks now and will we have a Championship? No chance, Cleveland couldn't even get one and Cleveland minus Lebron is still better than the Knicks.

What we need to do is look at what we can do to improve now, not in 2 years.

Red

TYPE-A
It seems like your definition of success is only a championship team. I didn't say you said we need Lebron, plenty of others have. You're the one who tried to put words in my mouth telling me that I don't want to upgrade our team (rofl).

You make a good point about the history of Championship teams, but you fail to look deeper at those teams. The only one of those teams which didn't have a very talented supporting cast was the Heat, Wade pretty much won that Championship for them, but they were still a decent team. Bring Lebron to the Knicks now and will we have a Championship? No chance, Cleveland couldn't even get one and Cleveland minus Lebron is still better than the Knicks.

There's a difference bt. short and long term success and varying levels of success depending on your opinion/expectations. The "Ultimate" success is a result of achieving the "Ultimate" goal of winning a championship- We All Want That! Relatively speaking by getting Walsh and getting rid of Isaiah and even trading Craw/Randolph and D'Antoni we have achieved short term goals/success.

"Others" saying we need Lebron (which I never said we need anyone, I said I WANT) is just expressing the following:

"WE NEED AN UPGRADE, PREFERABLY A SUPERSTAR OR MAJOR PLAYER/COMPONENT IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED CONTENDERS- UNTIL THEN WE CAN BE COMPETITIVE BUT WE CANNOT ACHIEVE THE ULTIMATE GOAL. IF WE CAN GET THE BEST AVAILABLE FOR US/OUR SYSTEM- WE WANT HIM...ANY OBJECTIONS"?

smokes

Huge Member
So we're basically saying exactly the same thing, who would disagree with that?

Only haters.

Red

TYPE-A

Oh and Wade had Shaq they're Superstars. Bringing Lebron to the Knicks now is impossible but if we had him I doubt 1 almost 2 records would have been broken at the Garden + we become contenders, but you never know.

We need to improve now, next year and two years etc...!:beer:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ Sound F*ckin Stupid.

im not saying i dont want LeBron im just saying we dont need LeBron. look at the pistons they didnt have one of the best and they won....we could do the same....your saying you didnt hear any chants for LeBron at all? you sure you were watching the same game? when LeBrons a knick then its all cool, but till then he's a Cav... and u sound like you need to hop off the dude a little....

Red

TYPE-A
im not saying i dont want LeBron im just saying we dont need LeBron. look at the pistons they didnt have one of the best and they won....we could do the same....your saying you didnt hear any chants for LeBron at all? you sure you were watching the same game? when LeBrons a knick then its all cool, but till then he's a Cav... and u sound like you need to hop off the dude a little....

That was nowhere near the Kobe chants. And I've heard the Garden cheer for many. The Pistons? One of the top defensive teams in the league with 4 TIME DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR AND HIS BROTHER (lol) " THE WALLECE'S" bad example. Fail.

But seriously we need more up grades period. We can argue about the players but we have to agree, we need upgrades.