The School Thread

clumsy

Rotation player
Yah don't leave...i went to engineering school too 25% girls, 75% guys. You should leave if you GPA is ass tho, because then you are just making your life shitty for 4 years for no reason.

Reason being when you get out you make bank.

Also you can pull bitches anywhere. Don't have to be at your college, unless your college is in the middle of nowhere. At least i was in the Albany area.

quiggle

Starter
thanks DatPrince, do you know what's like the GPA or SAT score they require to be considered for admission?

TunerAddict

Starter
thanks DatPrince, do you know what's like the GPA or SAT score they require to be considered for admission?

go to collegeboard.com for all you need to know about requirements and tuition costs bro.

Personally, I'd recommend my university as its like, the 4th rated in the country in value. All the professors are Harvard/Yale/Princeton grads and its a state school. Lots of partying, lots of learning, and all for a pretty cheap bit. Runs like, 16k a year.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i dunno the specifics but they require a high GPA and SAT scores just excel on your SAT aim for 1700+ and keep your GPA around 90 and you should be good to go....

TunerAddict

Starter
I checked it out and you needed min of like 620 in every category bro.

Also, a year of tuition is 37k at NYU without all the fees and room and board, and books and shit.

Tuition at my college for a year is about 6-6.5...

clumsy

Rotation player
Well quiggle as someone that went thorugh all this bullshit i'ma let you in on what i know, when choosing a school

One it depends on what major you are doing (i wouldn't do finance right now haha tho maybe it'll be ok in 4 years...). If it is science/technology/engineering, you are going to want to go to the best school that you can get into that you can afford with loans. This is because you will get A LOT more leeway if you don't have as good of a GPA than you would at a state school. Trust me...i graduated with a 2.8 and i got a job pretty quickly with an IT degree. My friends at state schools with 2.8 had a hard time finding jobs period. At least i got a couple of interviews. The bullshit part about these more expensive better name schools, is basically it's like buying brandname clothes...You honestly learn the same shit, but a bad student at a "Good School" is looked at much higher than an average student at a lower admission school. HOWEVER, a 3.5 is a 3.5 anywhere, you can go to a more party oriented school, and do well, and probably have a much better time than you would have at an engineering one.

If you are looknig for liberal arts i don't think it matters as much.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
guiggle try your best to get to NYU my dude, but i also recommend knowing your major before you start selecting colleges and research the colleges and see which ones are best for that major.....

quiggle

Starter
thanks all for your solid advice and suggestions, I'm going to give it my best! hope it all works out for your education endeavors as well

lol no worries they also call me guiggle a lot on other forums I visit :thumbsup:

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
Transfer immediately! or kill yourself, one or the other-

ahahahaha... 5 years in this school, I'm going mad!!! Lot of people becomes crazy in this school after few years!

nice campus looks cool, but why no girls man, they make education so worth while.

Not bad, but very different from the american campuses. Few girls because engineering subjects are not choosed by girls. The few girls that attend this university are so ugly

Damn, they're really strict over there, huh? I guess they really want you to focus on your education.

Yes, in fact this university is one of the hardest in Italy and one of the best in Europe. During the examinations periods students only study and nothing else. I've just ended one examination period and I feel too tired.
It is not a campus like the american ones, it's only a school where to attend classes. There are some agreements with gyms, soccer, basketball, ..., teams, but they are not so frequented by students.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
ahahahaha... 5 years in this school, I'm going mad!!! Lot of people becomes crazy in this school after few years!

Not bad, but very different from the american campuses. Few girls because engineering subjects are not choosed by girls. The few girls that attend this university are so ugly

Yes, in fact this university is one of the hardest in Italy and one of the best in Europe. During the examinations periods students only study and nothing else. I've just ended one examination period and I feel too tired.
It is not a campus like the american ones, it's only a school where to attend classes. There are some agreements with gyms, soccer, basketball, ..., teams, but they are not so frequented by students.

LMAO:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
thanks all for your solid advice and suggestions, I'm going to give it my best! hope it all works out for your education endeavors as well

lol no worries they also call me guiggle a lot on other forums I visit :thumbsup:

As a teacher, who has dealt with many kids that have the same questions you do, I strongly recommend you do as DatPrince advised you. It's a little late in the game, if you're a senior, though you can always just take prerequisites (classes all college students are required to take: English, Psych, bio), followed by a transfer to a school that can get you into the career that you desire.

However, if you are a junior, start visiting bls.gov, where you can research careers, salaries, what degrees to pursue, in order to get into the profession of your choice, etc. Buy a good SAT prep guide, study an hour a day, and you'll be ready, by the summer or fall. Make sure, as well, that you really start to get into the right frame of mind, when it comes to higher education: reading your texts, researching topics and info, and learning how to use microsoft word, in all ways: to double space, number pages, spell and grammar check, etc., etc. Look all of that stuff up, or find people to help you with it.

This is your future, and, if you don't make very conscious decisions, you'll be shocked by where you end up.

Good luck.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Harvard Class of 09

For real, G-fly? I'm impressed. Didn't think ivy league students read these forums...lol. Just kidding.

Hey, I've read that you're going thru some problems. Hope everything works out for you and that things get better. Just stay positive man and keep your head up.

Akamu

The King

The highschool I chose to go to didn't have that many girls and I had to go to schools like Fashion Industries to find girls, and for you that's college so that must be even worse.

Yeah it's more about edumacation and preperation for the future, but if I'm gonna spend a lot of time at a certain place there better be girls and other things to do, I need diversity in my life.

That school looked like a straight prison-